Working Down My Disney Bucket List!

Port Excursions: if you go to a beach in the VI or BVI, you will probably ride in a safari taxi or on a boat. No individual seats, no seat belts, open air. Sometimes it’s a 15-passenger van. Just imagine you are on a theme park ride - like Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom.

There are no high speed roads in the Virgin Islands.

Yes Royal Gathering! What is it?

The Royal Gathering is a great opportunity to meet 3-4 princesses with only standing in one (short) line. Confirming You need a reservation that you get in advance at midnight 30 days before as you were told. Only the people who are going to interact with the princesses need a reservation, which I didn’t know before. A cast member will check your name off the list when you show up at your scheduled time. This is a nice efficient way to meet characters but don’t worry if you don’t get that reservation. Keep checking in the days leading up to your cruise as sometimes people cancel their reservation. And if you never get one, all those characters will be available at other times if it’s important for you to meet them. The character meets show up on the app and they will also sometimes visit the kids club or walk around unannounced.

Gotcha, so like the Magical Express? My friend’s daughter who will be nearing 4 when we go will need a booster with a back, but if we’re going on a bus only it might not be necessary for her to bring it. Do Port Excursions require car seats? I just feel like a big booster will take up precious storage space in her room for 4.

Yes like the magical express. I don't even think you could install it on a bus as I'm pretty sure there aren't seat belts or tethers/anchors.

We're doing the same itinerary but in August, but my youngest will be about 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter