Working with timing at Galaxy's edge (passing on what I learned).

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
Ran into a small timing issue the other day and most of the CM's I ran into didn't know how to solve it. I did find one which did. I suspect this problem may come up to at least a few of you, so I am posting in hopes that it helps.

The problem: I had a Savi's at 11:30 and Droid Depot at 12:30. I figured an hour between would be plenty. However, our Rise of the Resistance looked like it was approaching an 11am window. This would mean that I would have to make it through RotR in 30 minutes or miss Savi's, or I would have to have time between Savi and Droid, or I would miss something. The guest experience CM's just repeated to me that I have a 2 hour window (which didn't seem to help). However, I did find a CM who looked at my schedule and figured it out.

She said the thing about Savi is they could refund my money, but they would not be likely to be able to accommodate me later in the day. So I would have to make a decision to miss that (not ideal). I COULD beg RotR to let me on late, but I am taking chances the ride isn't down or some other issue occurs, However, the droid depot even though ti SAYS 12:30 is ACTUALLY also a window of 2 hours (in my case,12:30-2:30). They will charge you if you do not show up by 2 hours after your start time. She said I would have plenty of time to do Savi's, then RoTR, and then Droid.

So if you are having difficulty with your scheduling,. pass on that the Droid Depot is a 2 hour window. PLEASE keep in mind that policy's change, and you should always check when you arrive at the park, but if you are having this problem, talk to the droid depot and chances are the policy will still let you be late to that experience.

For those with ADR's, I am not sure what the resolution is, but I suspect, that the ADR's have some flexibility and will do their best to accommodate you if they can.

This is very helpful information. Thank you for passing it on! I have been wondering about what would happen if our BG for RotR (that I REALLY hope to get when I'm there in March) conflicted with our other reservations.

Ran into a small timing issue the other day and most of the CM's I ran into didn't know how to solve it. I did find one which did. I suspect this problem may come up to at least a few of you, so I am posting in hopes that it helps.

The problem: I had a Savi's at 11:30 and Droid Depot at 12:30. I figured an hour between would be plenty. However, our Rise of the Resistance looked like it was approaching an 11am window. This would mean that I would have to make it through RotR in 30 minutes or miss Savi's, or I would have to have time between Savi and Droid, or I would miss something. The guest experience CM's just repeated to me that I have a 2 hour window (which didn't seem to help). However, I did find a CM who looked at my schedule and figured it out.

She said the thing about Savi is they could refund my money, but they would not be likely to be able to accommodate me later in the day. So I would have to make a decision to miss that (not ideal). I COULD beg RotR to let me on late, but I am taking chances the ride isn't down or some other issue occurs, However, the droid depot even though ti SAYS 12:30 is ACTUALLY also a window of 2 hours (in my case,12:30-2:30). They will charge you if you do not show up by 2 hours after your start time. She said I would have plenty of time to do Savi's, then RoTR, and then Droid.

So if you are having difficulty with your scheduling,. pass on that the Droid Depot is a 2 hour window. PLEASE keep in mind that policy's change, and you should always check when you arrive at the park, but if you are having this problem, talk to the droid depot and chances are the policy will still let you be late to that experience.

For those with ADR's, I am not sure what the resolution is, but I suspect, that the ADR's have some flexibility and will do their best to accommodate you if they can.

do you really think Disney will pass on 300$ ( or more if you have more builders)

they will find a way! This is the way!

I have not tried it, but I have also heard of people being able to get into Droid Depot early because they were afraid of conflicts with their ROTR boarding group.

do you really think Disney will pass on 300$ ( or more if you have more builders)

While true, I was explicitly told not to miss Savi's, I would be charged anyway for the spot(and even if they refunded it, I would not be able to do the experience). So there are things you can be late for, and things you can't. It helps to know which is which! A large number of CM's didn't seem to know.

Glad it worked out but really annoyed that it took a few CM to help you figure it out. It's really not all that complicated and all it took was a CM to think for a minute. Droids is always the one area that can be worked with. All their CM should know this

I have not tried it, but I have also heard of people being able to get into Droid Depot early because they were afraid of conflicts with their ROTR boarding group.
That and Droid depot is the part of the equation that is very flexible. It would be pretty rare for a BG to completely interfere with Savi's to the point that someone couldn't make their time. It would only happen if someone had a boarding group called exactly 2 hours before their Savi time and was in the line/on the ride for their entire 2 hour window.

They can't exactly manufacture more slots in the shows each day. If every slot is full, it's full. You can't squeeze one more in like you can at Droid Depot.
So yeah, they could turn it down.
However, due to the nature of Droid Depot being continual stream of people and a relatively short experience, they can squeeze folks in. Savi's doesn't work that way. Your check in time is for a specific show.

Glad it worked out but really annoyed that it took a few CM to help you figure it out. It's really not all that complicated and all it took was a CM to think for a minute. Droids is always the one area that can be worked with. All their CM should know this

Sadly, I started with a Guest Experience CM near Toy Story Land. I thought they would be the best to help since that was their purpose. All they would do is repeat the line "you have 2 hours from when your boarding group is called". I asked what to do if it's right around those 2 experiences and she just repeated "you have 2 hours...." Yeah, I get that, but you are not understanding the problem.

I thought a CM in Galaxy's Edge would be more able to help since these were all experiences in Galaxy's Edge. That CM was a little more helpful,. but basically said they didn't know what to do, but suggested I might ask at the entrances of all 3 experiences and told me where to find them. So they were not entirely unhelpful, they just didn't know the answer.

As I mentioned, the CM at Droid Depot knew EXACTLY what to do!

Last edited by a moderator:

This is helpful thanks!
We have a 10:00 Oga’s, 11:00 Droid and 11:45 Sci-Fi. I predict our boarding group will conflict with something!
This is the hardest day to plan for fast passes... so many unknowns...

This is helpful thanks!
We have a 10:00 Oga’s, 11:00 Droid and 11:45 Sci-Fi. I predict our boarding group will conflict with something!
This is the hardest day to plan for fast passes... so many unknowns...

While I like the BG concept in some ways, and I get the necessity for it (I think of the ideas, it's been the best one so far) it does make planning your FP+, ADR and experiences VERY difficult. The worst part being that you can have everything beautiful planned out, and the day of, everything gets put in turmoil. Depending on the size of your party, Sci-Fi is probably in the best situation to work with you..

My suggestion for priorities are:
Droid Depot can be easily moved (or doesn't even have to be 'moved per se).
FP+ is first to try to move (as it's the easiest for CM's to accommodate).
ADR next as they can usually slide some things around and are very good at their jobs. (Think of Oga like an ADR).
Try not to move other premium experiences. They may not be able to accommodate you. Things like dinner shows would be grouped with this as well.
Personally I would not try to move RotR. The ride is still not stable and if you have the chance, take it while it's working!

I put this in the RotR thread, but we were there 1/28 and our BG looked like it was going to be called during our Droid and Savi's time. The Droid depot CM told us they could not take us early, but if we were late, as long as we were there that day, we wouldn't get charged. They didn't say anything about 2 hours, but just any time that day.

Savi's was booked for that whole day, and it made sense they couldn't move it or accommodate us later since it has less capacity. We were told by both Savi's and the RotR CMs to not miss this reservation and they would extend our BG time if we were late since our reservation was starting 1 hour after our BG was called. Boarding group called around 4pm - Savi's at 5pm (45 min) only gave us about 15 min to make our BG.

Thank you. I came on specifically looking for this as today was fastpass day and I have our fast passes but wanted to see what to do with the BG issue and making a droid. I'm going to do 9:55 am droid then have a 10:45 fastpass for star tours and 12:20 ADR.

Thank you. I came on specifically looking for this as today was fastpass day and I have our fast passes but wanted to see what to do with the BG issue and making a droid. I'm going to do 9:55 am droid then have a 10:45 fastpass for star tours and 12:20 ADR.

Enjoy your trip! All the experiences are completely worth it IMHO, although sadly my droid doesn't get much use now at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!