World of Color Superthread

This is precisely what I heard from a CM acquaintance; however, she said they’re hopeful that the part will arrive earlier and are holding off on a return date estimate as a result.

Very weird that they haven’t cancelled the shows on the schedule for June and that they’ve been so sporadic with the reservation cancellations, though.

This just arrived in my inbox:

This letter is to regretfully inform you The World of Color Dessert Party is being canceled due to technically difficulties. Like you, we were very excited about the show and hope to have everything resolved as quickly as possible. However, please enjoy all the other magic Disney has to offer during your stay with us.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will understand our circumstances. Your full refund will be processed and returned to the card on file.

World Of Color Dessert Party
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Date:
June 23 , 2018
Disney California Adventure
Check In :
Canceled
Show Time: Canceled
Party Size: 3

- If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a ring.
(714)781-DINE

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jodi Gerard
Park Banquets​

Oh well.

Shame. The geek in me really wanted to see how they would manage crowds with PTN and WOC running on the same night.
WOC was still on the calendar for the first week in July when I checked a few days ago. I realize it will probably be cancelled though. It showed PTN at 8:50 and WOC at 10:15. Technically they don't overlap, but I think the chaos of people getting into the WOC viewing area after the parade passes would have been interesting to watch. I think PTN is a great parade, but I think it is unfortunate that it requires them to cancel the WOC showing that is typically earlier.

I received the call and email today, canceling our June 27 WOC dessert party reservation. She said they are estimating six weeks before it returns. I asked if they would do two PTNs in the evening since there is no WOC, and she said that hasn't been decided yet -- check back end of week. She also said that if any Disney magic happened and WOC comes up earlier, they would contact us to see if we want to add back the reservation.

I got the call and the e-mail this morning. Poor Jody. She's got a lot of people to disappoint. The question I have is this: we paid for our reservation on two different cards: mine and my friend's. Jody said, "We'll refund the card on file." So the question is: are they refunding the card on file on the account (which is the one we used for the reservation), or the cards on file that paid for the reservation?

I got the call and the e-mail this morning. Poor Jody. She's got a lot of people to disappoint. The question I have is this: we paid for our reservation on two different cards: mine and my friend's. Jody said, "We'll refund the card on file." So the question is: are they refunding the card on file on the account (which is the one we used for the reservation), or the cards on file that paid for the reservation?

Out of curiosity, what day was your ressie?

Thanks! Guessing then that my call for 4th of July is coming soon!

Bummer reading about these cancellations! I was hoping to be able to get a dessert party for my August trip. I called dining today for a different question and the cast member informed me they are not doing any WOC dining packages. I asked even with the Lamplight Lounge, and she was quite adamant that there will be no WOC dining packages.

If this is true, I'm bummed I've missed out on the dessert party as it sounds super fun. Hopefully it will be back for my trip with my Dad sometime next spring!

If this is true, I'm bummed I've missed out on the dessert party as it sounds super fun. Hopefully it will be back for my trip with my Dad sometime next spring!

We’re bummed too! But two reasons for hope: 1) Cast members are often the last to know, 2) Disney loves upsell parties and dining packages!

Less than 7 days from the scheduled return, and no word from Disney, it is still in the calendar.......... Maybe there is still hope,

Bummer reading about these cancellations! I was hoping to be able to get a dessert party for my August trip. I called dining today for a different question and the cast member informed me they are not doing any WOC dining packages. I asked even with the Lamplight Lounge, and she was quite adamant that there will be no WOC dining packages.

Jodi said they're estimating six weeks. So, if you're later in August you might be okay.

Just reading a trip report by a WDW vet who was understandably shocked by the horrors of trying to navigate Adventure, NOS, CC, Frontierland and MS at last night due to F! and fireworks. It occurred to me that all of that at Dland is only going to be worse with WOC down through July and into August. So on the bright side, perhaps the reverse will be true and DCA. We'll see what kind of draw the new Paradise Pier is at night, but maybe the rest of DCA won't be too bad in the evening.

Just reading a trip report by a WDW vet who was understandably shocked by the horrors of trying to navigate Adventure, NOS, CC, Frontierland and MS at last night due to F! and fireworks. It occurred to me that all of that at Dland is only going to be worse with WOC down through July and into August. So on the bright side, perhaps the reverse will be true and DCA. We'll see what kind of draw the new Paradise Pier is at night, but maybe the rest of DCA won't be too bad in the evening.

Paint the Night will still be a fairly big draw, but hopefully you’re right and Dca will get some nighttime reduction in crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!