Worried about redeeming Cdn.resident theme park tickets..

JessyP

Mouseketeer
hello, looking for advice. Our trip starts Dec 4 and I bought the cdn. Theme park tickets when they were 25% off. I was just reading the fine print and in order to pick up the tickets I need my passport ( no problem) and original credit card used for purchase (problem). I lost the credit card and was issued a new one with a different number. I emailed Disney but have not heard back yet. Anyone else not had original credit card at time of pick up?

We just showed our passports last March and were never asked for a credit card. Mine were already on My Disney Experience so you might want to link them if you haven’t already done that. Lots of people change ccs. I have done that too for holding dining reservations. No issues. I wouldn’t worry. Have fun.

Agree with those above, only needed our passports to pick up the tickets. Do you have the email with the bar code on it or the little green vouchers? If so you'll be fine. If the tickets are already in your MDE you're all set.

Hopefully you hear from Disney. Not to worry you, but when I exchanged the vouchers in Disney Springs in April, I was asked for all the passports for ticket holders and she asked me for my credit card (which I had on me) So just be prepared to be asked.

We "activated" ours at Guest Services at Magic Kingdom our first day and weren't asked for the credit card. I just handed him our passports when I said what I was doing.

We were only asked for passports at Disney Springs guest services to activate

Maybe the lady who processed ours was in training and doing everything "the correct way" lol!

I don't plan on using my tix for about 4 years. I live chatted with them because the credit card I used expires next year. They said it was fine and wouldn't be a problem and they expect that.

I was told when I bought the tickets that I would need my CC and that I wouldn't get the physical vouchers. I received the little green vouchers in the mail shortly afterwards. And I didn't need my CC. just my passport. My family members weren't even with me when I redeemed my tickets. And I didn't need to link it to a MDE account. I just have the physical tickets with me right now.

Out of curiosity, how long does this transaction take? I have five tickets to process at guest services

It took about 5 mins to wait for a Cm to be available. The transaction (I had 5 tickets) took about 10 mins maybe. Not frightfully long, not insanely fast.

It took about 5 mins to wait for a Cm to be available. The transaction (I had 5 tickets) took about 10 mins maybe. Not frightfully long, not insanely fast.

Thank You. Just wondering as I have fastpasses and good to know how much time to allot

Does anyone know if you only need the passports of each of the people or does the person and the passports need to be there. I want to redeem the passes the night we get in and my wife and kids would rather swim at the resort.

Does anyone know if you only need the passports of each of the people or does the person and the passports need to be there. I want to redeem the passes the night we get in and my wife and kids would rather swim at the resort.

I brought everyone's passports but the rest of my family went to eat lunch while I settled things.

We arrive on Sunday and I'm hoping things are seamless when picking up our tickets at MK. Enjoy your trip!

This will not help the OP, but I would like to piggy back on this post:
Has anyone used a Permanent Resident card in lieu of a passport?

I am thinking on getting the Canadian 20% off of the tickets. I would like some information on what to do. I am confused about what to do, I need step by step help. I need a 6 day ticket for 1 person and 4 day pass for 1 person.

You call or order online.
To save money pick up at Guest Services instead of them mailing to you at $25?
What to you get after cashing out your cart? A confirmation with ie: 6 day ticket for 1 adult, 4 day ticket for 1 adult, does it have a bar code or something?
How do you link the tickets to My Disney Experience to do Fastpass? Do you call into Disney to link your discounted tickets?
Take something received after cashing out + passports to any Park Guest Services to activate the tickets?

If you have a hard plastic ticket it is easy to link tickets to my reservation.
I don't want to wait until I am there to do fastpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!