worried my boyfriends weight will limit the rides he can go on.

ashurii

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are heading up to Disneyland this weekend for his birthday, and i am also taking him to california adventures, he has never been there..
Anyways, he is a really really big guy, and im a bit worried about him getting on some of the rides, due to his size, that he wont fit, or the seat belt wont buckle, ect...
I dont want him to be embarrassed and let it ruin our trip...

We went on most rides at disneyland and he did fine a few months back, but CA has rides like soarin, ca screamin, maliboomer, grizzly river run, im worried about...
I want him to be able to have a good time...

Im putting some pics up of him so you can get an idea of his size...

Does anyone know which rides i should keep him away from?? Or do you think the rides will accomodate him??

Thank you so much

DSC06052.jpg

me and boyfriend....
awwwwwwwww
DSC06037.jpg

When I weighed 275 I never had a problem at DL but did at knott's fitting on the dragon swing. But to tell the truth I am alot more comfortable now then I ever was then on the rides. I would say soaring may be too small of a seat, the swing thing definatly out, gosh I wish I could remember how screaming feels.........maybe some one else will know, mullholand madness seems tight to me still.
I remember the embarassment on airplanes when my seat belt would not close, have a good trip , you are a great girlfriend to think of him , his comfort and his feelings! :grouphug:

The only rides that I think he'll have a problem fitting in is Mullholand Madness and the Orange Stinger. Heck, I'm only 5'3", normal weight, and I barely fit in the cars of Mullholand Madness! In my opinion though, he's not missing anything.

By looking at his pictures, I would say he should have no problems fitting into any of the other ride vehicles/belts/harnesses.

Have a great time! :cool1:

Hey may have issues with the Maliboomer, Mulholland Madness, Orange Zinger, and potentially California Screamin'. On California Screamin' it's not so much the size of the gut that's the issue, it's how broad his shoulders are. The broader they are the less likely he'll be able to go on it.

...Joe...

Orange Stinger shows a weight limit of around 200 pounds (I think it's actually something like 220 but don't remember). We were told that actually it's not the pounds, but it was easier to put in a weight limit that to say, you may only ride if your bottom fits in the seat. They figure most people under the weight limit should fit. They will actually let anyone on that will fit.

Your boyfreind is not big.. As they say here. People are Pooh size. As in Winne-the-pooh.

Take is as a compliment, aslo it is sweet of you to ask beforehand..

Try asking this question on the WISH section on DISboards. (It deals with weight loss, healthy eating stuff etc and there are "pooh" sized people there who may have been to DL.) I know weight issues and rides have been discussed there. My DH is tall - 6'5'' and has broad shoulders and I know some rides are not comfortable for him at WDW. It seems it is the shoulders and leg issue more than the "seat" though. Anyway, have a great trip. Deb

My friend Dave is also Pooh-sized, and he had no problem fitting in the seats on Soarin'. I don't think he rode any other rides at DCA. He was also able to ride most rides at DL (here he is on Big Thunder Mtn and Alice in Wonderland - he's the one in the brown shirt). Hope you both have a great time! :goodvibes

773a9d38.jpg

b4b4ef95.jpg

I know this question is for Disneyland, but here is a helpful link about WDW:
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ridsiz.htm

Many of the rides at WDW are exactly the same or very similar as Disneyland rides. For instance it says on this site that Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom is size friendly. Those rafts are pretty much the exact same as the rafts on Grizzly River Run, so he should be fine. I think he will also be fine on Soarin. Not sure about Screamin, but it looks to me like he would be fine. I agree with others about avoiding, Maliboomer, Mullholland Madness and Orange Stinger. When in doubt, ask the cm at the entrance to the ride que what they think. And if the unthinkable happens, in that he can't fit into a ride once he gets there remind him he'll never see any of those people again! Years ago at Six Flags in Texas, on an older coaster, I had this happen to me. It was embarrassing but not the end of the world. And I think he will be fine as Disney is a size friendly place and DCA being a newer park was built after this became more of an issue with people just being larger today. Do read that link, it has some helpful tips etc., about touring Disney parks. And have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter