Worst Things About Hollywood Studios?

My number one is that this park needs more shade. My son is heat sensitive and he always has trouble in this park. We have had to linger in Launch Bay and gift shops on more that one occasion. I am disappointed to hear that this issue was not recognized in the construction of TSL.

And, as others have said, there is a lack of cohesion. I truly feel like I’m lost in a poorly planned city full of dead ends :tilt: Disney does seem to be trying to rectify the identity crisis of the park with the TSL and Star Wars area. The theming seems to be a consideration!

1. Losing the drawing class at Animation Academy. It could have been relocated and seemed popular (this one is personal)

2. Rope Drop. It used to be fine when they had turnstile entry with no interior holding. It’s now a dangerous mess. I get they don’t want the mass in front but there has to be a better way.

3. Transportation. We have had consistent problems getting return buses to monorail resorts. 45-1 hour waits have become common.

They took out the Villains store and replaced it with just another store. And there is hardly any good villains merchandise. It was one of the main things I looked forward to when going to HS. Also, no decent TS restaurants other than HBD. I won't even comment on the QS food which is just horrendous IMO (except Baseline - that's my new favourite place).

Craig comes down to mingle with the common folk!?

The worse thing at Hollywood Studios is the lack of polish on the stage shows...

Indiana Jones
The little mermaid
Beauty and the beast
Muppet Vision
Fantasmic

Why are they shows not updated or modernized at all? I can understand not wanting to get rid of it but look at the mermaid show...beauty and the beast?

Add new costumes, new backgrounds, or even new music. The shows at Hollywood studio really show their age.

The muppet show could be updated...why this old film.

One of the few things that is the worst

The Indiana Jones show dialogue needs to be shortened, it goes on too long unnecessarily. Also with all the more recent attraction closures, I think that even with the newer replacements the current attraction # is less than before the closures. Also too much attention on Star Wars (and I like Star Wars), I know it's the way it's going but I miss the balance and amount/variety of movies represented the park used to have until much more recently

Last edited:
1. Food options blow.

2. Not enough rides or attractions to soak up crowds.

3. The shows are OLD. Need updating badly.

Layout, Muppets needs to be updated and is it me or is there no streetmosphere anymore? I miss walking by and catching the actors. The only one I saw was back in the Incredibles area. We were in DHS twice in January and didn't see any :( It's losing it's Hollywood feel.

Layout, Muppets needs to be updated and is it me or is there no streetmosphere anymore? I miss walking by and catching the actors. The only one I saw was back in the Incredibles area. We were in DHS twice in January and didn't see any :( It's losing it's Hollywood feel.
Citizens of Hollywood are still around, their sets are between 10:30am to around 3pm

The layout is so weird. Can be quite confusing. Also, the dead ends are really annoying.

Lack of shade. Especially in the new Toy Story Land. Seriously, that's bordering on criminal!

We do still like the park and visit as our kids are teens. If we had littles, I don't think there'd be much of a draw.

We do still like the park and visit as our kids are teens. If we had littles, I don't think there'd be much of a draw.

Definitely the worst park for littles. We usually do TSL EMM and then leave by 10am, ours are 5 and 2. We did all the shows with them once in the past, and they were great, but they don’t ever ask to see them again. Haven’t tried the dance party yet, 5 year old would probably dig that. Kudos for all the Disney Jr character M&Gs though.

Loved the shows and vlogs!

Worst parts:

Fantasmic! and all of the other shows need to be refreshed. Never was a fan of the Pocahontas part of F! and it has aged poorly. (And I still miss the Hunchback show.)

Food is just okay. Looking forward to trying Woody’s Lunchbox and the SWGE stuff.

I’m fine to converting from making movies to being inside movies... just speed it up.

And work in the traffic flow. It’s nice to be able to go somewhere without backtracking.

Worst part for us is leaving Fantasmic! Much much worse than RDing SDD on a day when SDD was closed until 15 minutes after opening?! Absolutely crazy.

I also agree about coordinating the show times and the shows all ending early.

Films in Little Mermaid and Muppets at LEAST need to be updated. They're so hazy and dark.

or me, HS has lost its Hollywood

used to love the Stunt Car Show, the Power Rangers, Characterpalooza on Streets of America... not to mention the Osbor

Probably a different conversation but I do miss the Old Hollywood vibe. We still miss TGMR. I realize the park vibe/direction is changing and I’m a SW fan. But that park had such a wonderful feel to it. Our second favorite park in terms of vibe. I wish they could have added to the park without changing the core of the park. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Dearly miss the Animation Academy.

Everything here is what's sad and wrong with HS, my formerly favorite and much missed park :(
And, the food.

There are some things I like but nothing I love. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a long time ago ToT used to have a bigger drop all at once.

My biggest gripe is that it gets like an oven at HS with few options for cooling down. Also, last August the walk to the Poly bus was dangerously long in that heat and with the construction wall up which blocked any air flow. Thankfully we had picked up cups of ice water on our way out of the park or we might not have made it.

I too feel the quick service options are quite limited and lack variety. I like Brown Derby and BD Lounge as well as 50's Prime Time. No problems with Mama Melrose either. Fantasmic is my least enjoyable nighttime event at Disneyworld.

There's no play area for kids to freely run around in. That's why Hollywood Studios was the hardest day for my kids, age 1.75 and 3.75 when we went last year. It's a huge disappointment that Disney got rid of the amazing Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

The layout is so bad. There's also just not enough to do. I like some of the theming, especially in Hollywood boulevard because it reminds me of DCA 2.0. But the park itself just feels like an empty shell with no real cohesion. Toy Story Land is fun, and I'm sure Galaxy's Edge will be amazing, but they're just Band-Aids over a much larger problem in my opinion.

The shows also need a little TLC. Fantasmic in its current form isn't worth the pain it is to get all the way over to the theater and fight through the crowds on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter