Worth Complaining about?

serenity0605

Earning My Ears
We just arrived for our week vacation at All Star Sports. I knew what to expect as far as accommodations because we have stayed here before. However this time has been horrible. First of all the Amazon Prime package I ordered and according to Amazon was delivered is no where to be found. Ok fine whatever that happens. Main issue is that it’s 40 degrees here and after a long first day our family of 3 wanted nothing more than a hot shower. Unfortunately the temp of the shower water was lukewarm at best. Is this worth complaining about? And what would a reasonable solution be? Resort is at full capacity bc of cheerleading competition. Thank you for advice!

Don't call. Go to the front desk. Tell them you are having a wonderful time but if they could try and locate your package then you would be so appreciative. Oh and the water temp in the shower was lukewarm. Are they having issues? You would love a hot shower. Is it just your building?

Just be cordial because they deal with so many upset guests that when the concern is brought to them in a non confrontational way -they tend to be more attentive. That is totally my opinion. Sort of like you catch more flies with honey.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Make sure they know about the hot water problem, I am sure its something that can be easily fixed but there shouldn't be an expectation that a reasonable solution would be a FP or a reduction in the room rate. Sometimes things just happen.

Absolutely say something, maybe there is an issue that is an easy fix or if not then they should move you to a different room which does have hot shower. Like you - there is nothing more that i want than a hot shower at the end of the day.

We've had the hot water issue complaint twice (both at Pop Century). One time, they told us that the water temp is capped off at a certain temperature for safety and that "hot" water is all relative, but that they would come by and check it out anyway. No resolution. (Aka tough luck) Another time, Pop Century had a water main break and there truly was no hot water, so we got 50% of our night's rate refunded... because other people had the same complaint. (So I guess that made it legit, lol...)
It can't hurt to try!
After a day anywhere at Disney, a hot shower is what I value most! :)

My husband is always a very early riser and takes a shower as soon as he awakes at 5:30 or so. On one of our trips to the BWI CL he woke me up to tell me the water was luke warm at best so I walked down to the main desk(to early for anyone to be at the CL desk) to tell them. By the time I walked back to my room there was already activity in the hall way as I passed a repair man. When I came into the lounge at 6:30 the staff thanked me for the heads up on the hot water problem and within the hour we had hot water. Sometimes you just have to be the first one to let them know.

when we arrived they only had 1 of 3 boxes we ordered from Amazon. One guy called me about 10 times asking questions and getting names from me. I was happy in the end he delivered the missing packages he walked to the center to look into this for me. I was at Music and this happened Nov 27th.

Glad your problem was resolved. My experience has been that at Disney resorts they do care about the guest experience, and if you tell them in person about a problem, with the expectation that they fix it, they will act on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!