Worth Upgrading from a Value to a Moderate if Solo?

Is it Worth a solo upgrading from a Value to a Moderate During Free Dining?

• Stay at AS Sports with DDP

• Stay at AS Sports with DxDDP

• Upgrade to CSR with DDP

• Upgrade to CSR with DxDDP

Results are only viewable after voting.

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
I posted this on the Resorts board, but didn't get much of a response, so thought I'd post it here instead:

I currently have AS Sports booked with free dining for Sept 26th-Oct 4th. I am an AP holder. I usually go to WDW 4-6 times a year, and except for Sept free dining every year, never pay rack rate. I always use some code. In fact I used the buy 4/get 3 nights free code for my recent May 9th-16th trip at POFQ and will be using a 40% off PIN code for my Dec CSR trip. Last May I used an AP discount at POFQ and added the DxDDP. (I really enjoy the TS--especially the Signature restaurants). Due to having to pay rack rate in order to get free dining, I usually just book a value every Sept, just to get the DDP, which I love, (although last Sept I had two other people going with me, so split the rack rate at PORS). I love the moderates, but cringe at the thought of having to pay rack rates to stay in one solo.:eek::mad: Without a code a moderate is about $600.00 more than a value. I am thinking about upgrading from AS Sports to CSR, but am having trouble justifying upgrading without a discount code. Please talk me either into it or out of it. Is a moderate really worth $600.00 more than a value?:confused3 Again I love the DDP and am not willing to give that up.

I posted this on the Resorts board, but didn't get much of a response, so thought I'd post it here instead:

I currently have AS Sports booked with free dining for Sept 26th-Oct 4th. I am an AP holder. I usually go to WDW 4-6 times a year, and except for Sept free dining every year, never pay rack rate. I always use some code. In fact I used the buy 4/get 3 nights free code for my recent May 9th-16th trip at POFQ and will be using a 40% off PIN code for my Dec CSR trip. Last May I used an AP discount at POFQ and added the DxDDP. (I really enjoy the TS--especially the Signature restaurants). Due to having to pay rack rate in order to get free dining, I usually just book a value every Sept, just to get the DDP, which I love, (although last Sept I had two other people going with me, so split the rack rate at PORS). I love the moderates, but cringe at the thought of having to pay rack rates to stay in one solo.:eek::mad: Without a code a moderate is about $600.00 more than a value. I am thinking about upgrading from AS Sports to CSR, but am having trouble justifying upgrading without a discount code. Please talk me either into it or out of it. Is a moderate really worth $600.00 more than a value?:confused3 Again I love the DDP and am not willing to give that up.

How much time do you spend at your resort? If you're the type that spends every waking moment at the parks or elsewhere in WDW, then I would go with the Value, especially having to pay rack rate. If you like to spend lots of time at your resort, at the pool, lounging around, etc...then it may be worth it. I agree the free dining is a great deal. I like CSR but haven't been a huge fan of the All Stars lately. I think the newly remodeled rooms at CSR look absolutely incredible though.

You need to think about what will be important to you on this trip. Do you enjoy soaking in the hot after after a long day? Do you want to have a little bit of nightlife right at your resort? Are you in the mood for a quieter atmosphere? If yes, then the extra 600 for a moderate is worth it. If no, then it really isn't.

Happy planning!!:goodvibes

:scared1: aubriee!!! I voted the 1st option... value plus basic... "look into my eyes and remember you Dx dinings last year... I would do Dx dinings plus moderates and forget about the parks :laughing:!!! I will be eating every 3 hours and in between feedings I will be in my room recuperating from alll the desserts I have ingested...

unless you plan to do again :scared1: the 4 parks in one day everyday then Dx dining is the way to go but then that would leave you no time to enjoy your moderate resort :confused3

and why are you at ASSprt.. not there's anything wrong with ASSprt but dont you want to stay at POP anymore???? :sad1:

well good luck on your decision making :grouphug:

:scared1: aubriee!!! I voted the 1st option... value plus basic... "look into my eyes and remember you Dx dinings last year... I would do Dx dinings plus moderates and forget about the parks :laughing:!!! I will be eating every 3 hours and in between feedings I will be in my room recuperating from alll the desserts I have ingested...

unless you plan to do again :scared1: the 4 parks in one day everyday then Dx dining is the way to go but then that would leave you no time to enjoy your moderate resort :confused3

and why are you at ASSprt.. not there's anything wrong with ASSprt but dont you want to stay at POP anymore???? :sad1:

well good luck on your decision making :grouphug:

Well hello, old friend! Glad you chimed in, but you didn't have to remind me of the mistake we made last Sept with the DxDDP.:rotfl: I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER plan three TS meals a day again.:rotfl: Oh my! we were so sick of food. I'm thinking about trying the DxDDP a different way this time. Maybe do an early TS lunch everyday, then do alot of the 2 credit Signature restaurants for dinner. Don't worry I'll still be able to do your Iguanadon adventure. Then we have to run over and do Expedition Everest a time or two (or three or four:rolleyes1). There is also no way I'm doing the four park+DTD in one day marathon like I did at the end of my recent May trip. My feet still haven't forgiven me.:rotfl: (It was fun though!:rolleyes1:rotfl:) I chose AS Sports because it has been recently refurbished, whereas POP needs refurbishing, plus I figure POP is going to be jampacked during free dining. I know Kat is going to be at SSR in Sept. I'm looking at CSR because of the refurbishment they are going through right now. They're going to have queen size beds, plus they have the covered bus stops, ceiling fans, fridges, the nice lake, the hot tub, a TS restaurant, a better food court, and much better buses than the values. I just hate the idea of having to pay rack rate. I'm used to always being able to use a discount code.

By the way, Mark says he is joining me for my Dec trip. We'll definitely be at CSR then. I think Kat may be too.

I don't know why I'm being so wishy washy about where to stay on my free dining trip. You talk about me not having time to enjoy my mod resort. How about you? It looks like your next three trips for this year are all at Deluxes and you stay in the parks more than me. lol

Well hello, old friend! Glad you chimed in, but you didn't have to remind me of the mistake we made last Sept with the DxDDP.:rotfl: I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER plan three TS meals a day again.:rotfl: Oh my! we were so sick of food. I'm thinking about trying the DxDDP a different way this time. Maybe do an early TS lunch everyday, then do alot of the 2 credit Signature restaurants for dinner. Don't worry I'll still be able to do your Iguanadon adventure. Then we have to run over and do Dinosaur a time or two (or three or four:rolleyes1). There is also no way I'm doing the four park+DTD in one day marathon like I did at the end of my recent May trip. My feet still haven't forgiven me.:rotfl: (It was fun though!:rolleyes1:rotfl:) I chose AS Sports because it has been recently refurbished, whereas POP needs refurbishing, plus I figure POP is going to be jampacked during free dining. I know Kat is going to be at SSR in Sept. Where are you going to be? I'm looking at CSR because of the refurbishment they are going through right now. They're going to have queen size beds, plus they have the covered bus stops, ceiling fans, fridges, the nice lake, the hot tub, a TS restaurant, a better food court, and much better buses than the values. I just hate the idea of having to pay rack rate. I'm used to always being able to use a discount code.

By the way, Mark says he is joining me for my Dec trip. We'll definitely be at CSR then. I think Kat may be too. Where are you going to be?

I don't know why I'm being so wishy washy about where to stay on my free dining trip.

Oct is booked at OKW right now Gmax is coming the 1st part of the trip :goodvibes but on waitlist fot AKL...the last part of the trip I am booked at ASMu.. another newlyrefurbised bldg... enjoyed the one night stay last April at broadway. Love the smell of fresh paint. You are leaving Dec. 14 right? Hence the dinner on the 13th ? Looking forward in seeing Mark again. And regards to Mom!

Oct is booked at OKW right now Gmax is coming the 1st part of the trip :goodvibes but on waitlist fot AKL...the last part of the trip I am booked at ASMu.. another newlyrefurbised bldg... enjoyed the one night stay last April at broadway. Love the smell of fresh paint. You are leaving Dec. 14 right? Hence the dinner on the 13th ? Looking forward in seeing Mark again. And regards to Mom!

No we'll be there Dec 12th-20th.

My fall trip is Sept 26th-Oct 4th. I am determined to make the fall trip nice, slow, and relaxing. (I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.:rolleyes1:rotfl::snooty::upsidedow) My boss is getting tired of me calling in my first day back to work after every vacation, saying I need a day or two off to recuperate from my vacations.:rotfl::rotfl: That's the other reason I'm considering staying at a moderate in Sept.

No we'll be there Dec 12th-20th.

My fall trip is Sept 26th-Oct 4th. I am determined to make the fall trip nice, slow, and relaxing. (I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.:rolleyes1:rotfl::snooty::upsidedow) My boss is getting tired of me calling in my first day back to work after every vacation, saying I need a day or two off to recuperate from my vacations.:rotfl::rotfl: That's the other reason I'm considering staying at a moderate in Sept.

great!!! I get to shadow you again in December :goodvibes and as soon as as the 120 day mark comes for Dec... we need to discus the dinner at the park on the 13th. Jamie and Lisa are also in plus Glennie!

great!!! I get to shadow you again in December :goodvibes and as soon as as the 120 day mark comes for Dec... we need to discus the dinner at the park on the 13th. Jamie and Lisa are also in plus Glennie!

120 day mark? dinner? What dinner? I know Glendamax and Jamie of course, but who's Lisa?:confused3 I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here.:rotfl:

Aubriee, I was in your exact position when my DBF and I were planning our September trip. It's a return trip only 4 months after our April trip so I thought that the value would be less money. My DBF reminded me that as a employee in the hospitality field I am a bit of a hotel snob and I would not be as happy at a value as I would at a moderate. Plus we are adult travelers w/o kids and we prefer the moderates because they don't scream Disney like the values do. Other deciding factors for us were the hot tubs to relax in after a long day of walking, the TS restaurant in the moderate, the less crowded buses, and the openness and outside room entrances of the moderates. But it's a personal decision. Weight the options and the pros and cons and decide what's best for you. Good luck!

The moderates are nice, but when I'm doing solo, I like to keep it cheap. If you're out and about most of the time, I'd keep the $600.

I'd keep the $600 for shopping/entertainment since you don't have to pay for food. I did a solo back in January with 4/3 deal and got the AS Sports - very nicely refurbished, and the room is very comfortable when it's just me.:cloud9: Plus, it's not as spread out as CSR, so less bus time too. I'd go for the value for a solo - I'm an AP holder too, and didn't always do the parks every day - it was nice to have some meals out, go to DTD whenever I wanted (during the day when it's not crowded) and catch a couple of movies at PI if I so desired.
Enjoy your solo trip - I'm jealous - DH has forbidden me from any more without him in the near future:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter