Would you do this?

mlwear

DIS Veteran
Our reservation is Aug. 9-14 and it is killing me to miss out on free dining. This happened to us last year, too! Our trip ended two days before it started.

Our current plan is to leave WDW on the 14th and visit IL's in Lakeland (I think it is about a 40 minute drive) the nights of the 14th and 15th. On the 16th we are back at Orlando for a day at Sea World and leaving on the 17th.

I'm now thinking that maybe we can stay at Disney the entire trip. We will have our own vehicle, so travel to Lakeland will really only be time consuming.

If my math is correct and I understand the plan correctly, if I take off the night of the 13th from our current ressie (Poly LVC) and we switch to a moderate the 13th - 17th (buying a one day pass for each person in our party) we could get free dining and the cost would only increase by about $500 (likely less than we would spend on food and three hotel nights off site).
Opinions?
Anyone know the area enough to know if driving to Lakeland on the 14th and 15th would be a major burden?
Also, could I buy park tickets for 7 days instead of 5 on my first ressie and still comply with the package requirements for the dining plan? I think it would be cheaper to go from 5 to 7 on first ressie than 1 to 3 on the second (does that even make sense?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter