Would you go the week of 5/4/20? Between 2 cheer comps

I googled and had a tough time finding which resorts the cheerleaders will be staying at. We'll be at the YC, so hoping we'll be free and clear there. What do you think?

Early May is a fabulous time, but bring rain coats or ponchos with you.

All this weather talk just made me google May-Orlando-weather and it came back with an average high of 88. Wondering where everyone is from that doesn’t consider that hotter than Hades hair like we would. :confused3

It otherwise should be a totally do-able trip if you’re going deluxe. Most reports I see of cheer problems come from hotels full of teenagers and not so much the park themselves where they are avoidable.

I googled and had a tough time finding which resorts the cheerleaders will be staying at. We'll be at the YC, so hoping we'll be free and clear there. What do you think?

They typically won't be at YC. You could have a business convention or similar at YC, but typically not the mega youth athlete events/groups.

All this weather talk just made me google May-Orlando-weather and it came back with an average high of 88. Wondering where everyone is from that doesn’t consider that hotter than Hades hair like we would. :confused3

How funny! I'm from PA and 88 has me thinking "hey that's not bad at all!"
what was worse was this past July...no wind..no escape..

I totally would go that week! Everything I've read about that time of year sound pretty great.
Doesn't work in our schedule, though, darn it.

I used to worry about these events too but I have stayed at Pop several times when they were there. The try to put them down in the 80s and 90s sections. I did get squished onto a bus back from Disney Springs with a bunch of them one night. Lots of glitter, hair bows and too much makeup. :D Here is the link to the organizations website. As it gets closer they will have the info packets telling where they will be staying etc.
https://www.varsity.com/all-star/competitions/end-of-season-events/

I have been there on different weeks in May and it has not been that bad. The Cheer groups spend most of their time at the cheer camps and not the parks. Now if you stay at the value resorts, it might be bad as the cheer groups tend to stay there.

last year I looked them up and found there travel deals . most were thur or fri to sunday . standard deal was all star sports which they had fully booked for those nights . up grade options were caribbean for cheerleader group and coronado for dance group as it looked like the dance comp was in there conference centre . the cheerleading comp was at espn area

They will be at the All Stars. If you look for availability in early May you will see that none of the AS are bookable. We are going May 4-13th and (before I knew about the competition) had hoped to book ASMo, when it never showed up as available I called Disney. I was told that all 3 resorts are either booked or on hold for the competition.

I had booked Pop originally, but for the same price we can stay at the Dolphin - so we are trying the Dolphin for the first time next year. Super excited since you can't beat the location!

I had booked Pop originally, but for the same price we can stay at the Dolphin - so we are trying the Dolphin for the first time next year. Super excited since you can't beat the location!
in april this year we stayed 2 nights dolphin . 5 nights caribbean and 2 nights AoA . we loved dolphin and caribbean . dolphin had very comfy beds including the roll away they brought in . great location . the boats to parks were great

Thanks for the info everyone! We went last May, trip starting on 5/10 and saw some cheerleaders at the Hilton Palace DS area. Not many though. I only saw a few in the parks by then too, but our APs expire on the 10th 2020, so that's why our trip is a week earlier this time around.

I think you'll be fine. I went during a cheerleader competition and the ladies were great in the resort and at the park. If that's when works best for you, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I love the first week of May and have never felt like the cheer crowds were an issue in the parks. Weather is slightly hit or miss (as it is almost any time in Florida) and can be 90s and humid or more 80s without humidity. I usually seem to get a bit of both. But it's definitely a top choice in time of year for us to go.

You should be good to go. We went that same week last May and stayed at CBR, where a few cheer groups were also staying (but not nearly as many as the All-Star). We rarely saw them around the resort, maybe just once or twice in the food court at the beginning or end of our trip. For most of the week in between, we saw nary a cheerleader.

We did see large cheer groups in the parks, but they shouldn't affect you much depending on your touring plans. We were rope dropping each day with little kids, then taking an afternoon break and letting the kids swim. They weren't really arriving to the parks until we were leaving. Even then, those large groups don't typically have FP+, so if you can refresh and grab extra FP+ throughout the day, you'll bypass them in most lines.

They will be at the All Stars. If you look for availability in early May you will see that none of the AS are bookable. We are going May 4-13th and (before I knew about the competition) had hoped to book ASMo, when it never showed up as available I called Disney. I was told that all 3 resorts are either booked or on hold for the competition.

I'm going that same week. It will be my first time at Disney World. I am staying at Port Orleans-French Quarter. Really looking forward to it.

We were there first week this past May and often ran into Summit groups in the parks. Did it affect our experience? Yes! We got to talk with a lot of very enthusiastic, happy, fun people. It was great. Zero impact on FP+ availability, dining, etc. We were at AKL, so no cheer groups were there--can't comment on that aspect.

We were there first week this past May and often ran into Summit groups in the parks. Did it affect our experience? Yes! We got to talk with a lot of very enthusiastic, happy, fun people. It was great. Zero impact on FP+ availability, dining, etc. We were at AKL, so no cheer groups were there--can't comment on that aspect.
Definitely agree-UNLESS staying at a "Cheer Resort",be it for College Cheer,High School Cheer or Club Cheer,I would not worry at all about being at WDW with them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter