Would You Have Taken Back The TV from Grandma?

Would have taken back the TV

• Yes I would have taken it back

Votes: 304 97.4%
  • No I would have let her keep it

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Other - even though I don't see how there could be an other lol

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
Are you sure? Or could he just be claiming it's broken so he can keep it?
Oh it's fried. The motor burned out. That is what happens when you try to blend something while drunk. Took him 6 months to give me the $$ for a new one which goes for about $600

I’m hopeful that OP will grace us with an update.
What was thug granny’s reaction?
What’s the drama that’s brewing?
Is granny going to try this again?
Inquiring minds NEED to know!
Also, on the in law issue, I usually agree that each spouse needs to deal with their own parent, but in cases like that, some times it’s a good thing to show the in laws your teeth. My father in law used to think he was slick with his little passive aggressive comments and baby hogging, until I started calling him out at every shenanigan. He quickly learned that I was nobody to mess with, and now we’re close and it’s all good. OP, you totally did the right thing. You showed granny your teeth and you showed DS that you have his back. Win/win.

Last edited:
Ding Dong. Who is it. It's your Grandma. Oh hi Gran, nice to see ya.

Did you knit me something?

Hand over the TV boy. You don't need it.

Whoa!! Hold on there.

I SAID HAND IT OVER!!!!

upload_2017-8-18_11-12-24.png

Granny thug life.

No way Grandma would be keeping that TV. The thing is, had she asked, I probably would have either given it to her and gotten a new one or gotten her one. But because she stole it, no way.

Holy mackerel! This one takes the cake!! And now I don't think our granny troubles are that bad anymore.

Yes, I would take that TV back pronto.

I know the votes are supposed to be secret but I well fess up what I use my tv for is not grandmas business if I want to use it for on demand shows only that's on me and me alone I am not hurting any one by watching tv that way

This thread has me laughing until tears are streaming down my face.... Grammy didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose Grammy!!! lol

This is soooo going down in DIS history and I'm sure will be referenced and referred to for years to come!! Thanks for the Thursday laughs, OP!

Thank you, and yay! It only took me 13 years of posting to finally go down in DIS history. :lmao:

:wave2: Hi @Skywalker. Thanks for the update. Would you mind telling us how Grandma reacted when you went to get the TV back and what she had to say for herself? We're all fascinated by this story popcorn::. And if your interaction was civil and ended well, why is she so "hurt" now?

Well, when I went to her house (I took a friend because the TV is awkward to carry) she basically said, as sweet as pie, how she never would have done that had she known we wouldn't have wanted her to have it. She just assumed we would be happy to give it to her, and in fact came over to pick it up to save us the time and trouble of dropping it off! She asked my friend if she knew anyone that was getting rid of a TV lol. Then she stated again how he shouldn't have a TV in his room and also stated about the raffle thing that it didn't cost us any money...I was also sweet as pie when I told her the TV simply belonged to my son, and I was taking it back to him. That's when I also said if she needed a TV, we would see what we could do about that. It was really very brief. I unhooked the TV while we made pleasant small talk and I left. There was no anger or drama. (But I kind of knew that wouldn't be the end of it.)

Sure enough, she called a couple of people and said her feelings were hurt that I would actually have taken the TV back. Of course she also said that my husband would have let her keep it had he been around. (In actual fact when I called my husband and told him the situation his reaction was "oh, lord. So did you get the TV back yet or should I figure out when I can do it." Already done, sweetie. Already done.) LOL

The hardest part has been assuring my son he has nothing to feel guilty about (because he does feel guilty). But yeah we will buy her a new TV because in spite of myself, I DO feel a bit bad. Ugh.

With all this thug granny stuff in my head now, I will never look at her the same ways. You guys are hilarious. :rotfl2:

She rearranged your underwear drawer???? I would have died. :eek: :faint:

I would have set some strict boundaries right then and there. There is no need for anyone to be rifling through my drawers and rearranging my clothes, especially my undies.
Frankly, I'd be willing to be "violated" if it meant that somebody besides me did some laundry around here once in a while. @Skywalker, would it help your MIL take her mind off her troubles if I let her come to my place and spruce things up a little? Yeah - I'd do that for you because I'm good like that. :wave2:

I'm so very sorry for your son. Grandma put him in a terrible position. You rock! You put your child first and I bet he feels so much better. Safer and stronger knowing you have his back

Tv thief issue is a different issue
I would have a very hard time rewarding her bad behavior by gifting her a tv. She can read a book :tongue:

Dear OP

I have never had thug Granny in the house, but our family is weird which means we have our own nicknames.

You totally did the right thing. I'm really sorry for your son. He sounds like a sweetheart caught in a bad place. I'm glad he has his television back!!!

Frankly, I'd be willing to be "violated" if it meant that somebody besides me did some laundry around here once in a while. @Skywalker, would it help your MIL take her mind off her troubles if I let her come to my place and spruce things up a little? Yeah - I'd do that for you because I'm good like that. :wave2:
Hehe... When DH and I were younger we lived with his mother for a while. She used to do our laundry(because she wanted to) and she always folded my underwear! I thought it was the weirdest thing and told her to knock it off(she didn't). Now whenever we visit she still sometimes does our laundry(I don't know why) and STILL folds the underwear. My kids got a kick out of it when I pointed out that she's doing it again. But hey... I have nothing but clean clothes in my suitcases when we get home now so I've stopped complaining :rotfl:

I read your update, OP, about how you got the TV back. I honestly do not understand why you would buy her a TV, after she stole your son's and then had the nerve to call people and say her "feelings were hurt because you took it back." She does not deserve to be rewarded for that kind of behavior. Sounds like she has you right where she wants you, wound right around her little finger. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter