would you or would you not...

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
go to MK during the day you were going to MMVMCP that night if it was in the 1st 2 weeks of December?

If so why and if not why?

Me and my DW are trying to see if we should do this. We already have planned to go to MK on Tuesday 12-7-04 till about 1, then take a break, then head back about 4 for our PS and stay until Midnight. We are also going to MK on 12-9-04 for MMVMCP but not going to MK during that day. So please help us out. Remember we are going the 1st 2 weeks of December.

If it was just DH and I, I would go to MK in the morning too. Since we're taking our 3 and 1 year olds, we're going to hang out at the resort after our breakfast at Chef Mickey's most of the day, maybe DTD, but that's about it.

We've done MNSSHP and MVMCP on multiple occasions. They're both awesome events! We make it a rule to stay away from the MK on the day of the event and always take in another park early in the day, head back to the resort for pool break and a couple hours of snooze time. By 6 we're ready to roll for the entire night!!

The rides, when we went to MCMCP, were absolutely abandoned. We got on every ride with no wait at all- and rode over and over again. So, if the reason you want to go in the am is so you can for sure get onto the rides..... then don't worry! Spend your morning somewhere else!

I don't usually. That's just me though. With the kids we do slow paced things during the day then nap.

This is what we are doing this year. We are staying a little longer than usual for this trip so it might not work for you but here goes anyway.

We plan on doing about 1/2 of the MK one day. The day of the MVMCP we plan on doing AK that day because we know we can bam that out by around 3ish. Head back to the hotel and snooze then be ready for the party that night.

Then we will do the other half of MK or whatever we want to do on another day, kind of giving us 3 days at MK to get all the stuff we want to do in.

The day after we do the party we are going to sleep in and do World Showcase at Epcot and then venture into Future World or save Future World for another day.

Just some ideas for ya!

Originally posted by karebear1
The rides, when we went to MCMCP, were absolutely abandoned. We got on every ride with no wait at all- and rode over and over again. So, if the reason you want to go in the am is so you can for sure get onto the rides..... then don't worry! Spend your morning somewhere else!

One of the reasons is the rides but that is because I want to ride some of the rides during the day....

Another would be seeing the shows

When we bought our tickets we were told that they limited the number of tickets that were sold to this party. That excited us because we thought it wouldn't be crowded and we'd be able to what we wanted . Well.... what they didn't tell us is how many tickets they sold to the thing! It was the most crowded we had ever seen the MK!! We could hardly move waiting for the parade. We ended up riding the rides because the shows were all FULL! We were very disappointed because we had gone to the park earlier in the day thinking we'd do the rides in the morning and the shows that night at the party. We saw the parade- and that was great! But the shows were packed- with no where to go. So we spent our night on the rides... again. If I were you I'd choose to do the rides in the morning and concentrate on strategies on how to get into the shows for the evening. GOOD LUCK!

If I had an AP I might.
But, I am going to MVMCP in early December and since I dont have an AP anymore, I dont think I can justify using a parkhopper day. I probably wouldnt make it to MK until mid morning-close to noon. And since you can enter with your party ticket at 4:00, I dont think it would be worth it to me to use up a day for a few hours. ;)

DH, 23m old DS and I are going to the Sunday MVMCP and Early Entry that morning with a large break between. Since this is the only early entry day for MK on our trip we are going to do Fantasy land in the morning, Crystal Palace for Brunch and then back to the room for nap, swim, etc. That night I will be with DS watching the Parade, fireworks, maybe a show before he crashes and we go back to the hotel. DH will continue to ride the thrill rides he couldn't get to earlier.
This is the first time with DS and for the adults, MVMCP. We hope this plan works for us!

JamesMom
--------------------------
Planning Trip #8
ASMu - Dec 9-14

BTW - we have Ult Park Hoppers

Last year we went to MNSSHP and our strategy was to do another park (we did BB) and then back to the room early to rest. We avoided going to MK that day since we would be going at night to the party.

This year for MVMCP on December 7th, we plan on a similar strategy. We will probably hit another park, rest in the afternoon and then head off to the party.

Enjoy your time and maybe we might run into one another at the party on the 7th!

:sunny:

Thanx everyone, but we have the ultimate park hopper tickets. So going to MK during the day and then back at night is not really a waste. I mean we could go to AK, then Epcot, then MK and then a break and back to MK.

So now comes the strategy part. Please any other ideas let them out...

Ah. Then if you have park access anyway, and if there is something you want to do for half a day, go for it. :D

I am sorry for not posting that we had the UPH's. But do you really think that the crowds during the week and during the 1st 2 weeks of December are really going to be busy? Keep in mind that the only thing we have to compare crowds to is the week of Easter this past April. As it was Good Friday, the crowds came rushing in.

Oh no problem.
From what Ive always heard those weeks have very low attendance. However it does seem there are an awful lot of us going during that time. I think the secret it out. But even so, I cant picture it being as bad as Easter. Hopefully! ;)

Originally posted by JamesMom
DH, 23m old DS and I are going to the Sunday MVMCP and Early Entry that morning with a large break between. Since this is the only early entry day for MK on our trip we are going to do Fantasy land in the morning, Crystal Palace for Brunch and then back to the room for nap, swim, etc. That night I will be with DS watching the Parade, fireworks, maybe a show before he crashes and we go back to the hotel. DH will continue to ride the thrill rides he couldn't get to earlier.
This is the first time with DS and for the adults, MVMCP. We hope this plan works for us!

JamesMom
--------------------------
Planning Trip #8
ASMu - Dec 9-14

BTW - we have Ult Park Hoppers

This is very similar to our plan for MNSSHP. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter