• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you pick a cat 8 or 9?

Kimnicki

<font color=red>Hello...? Tag Fairy..? Are you the
Which would you pick? I know that the Cat. 8 is on a higher deck, but that's about it, right? What are the pro's on a Cat. 8?

Thanks!

I believe cat 8 has 1 larger window and cat 9 has 2 smaller windows

sorry sorry sorry - dont need to be pumeled here for being wrong

Cat 9 and cat 8 are identical staterooms....each offer a large, 48 inch porthole window....

The sole difference between the 2 is cat 8's are located fwd on decks 5,6, and 7,and cat 9's are located on deck1, and mostly on deck 2 throughout....

IMHO, save a little $ and book a cat 9, deck 2 aft.....better loc than the cat 8's on ship....

I believe cat 8 has 1 larger window and cat 9 has 2 smaller windows

That's incorrect. It's the category 9's that are on deck 1 that have the two smaller portholes. The ones on deck 2 have the large porthole, same as category 8.

We were upgraded to a Cat 8 last cruise and we personnally loved the location. We were in cabin 6000 which is as far forward as you can get. The Cat 8s are especially convienent to the adult areas - pool, spa and entertainment, and they are in dead end halls which were very quiet. I know all the food venues are aft, but the walk was nice. Ship movement was not an issue.

CAT 10

On deck 5 DCL sells 6 rooms on deck 5 as deluxe inside staterooms go to www.castawayclub.com and look under staterooms to get there numbers and ask for them when u book
Good luck they r getting harder to get....:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
they r a good vlue for the money and u would save a couple of bucks

Secret porthole rooms on deck 5 (cat 10 rooms with an obstructed porthole view) are tremendously difficult to reserve....howver, if you are booking well in advance, it could be worth a shot (at least a yr to year and 1/2).....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter