Would you rather...

Johndubbya

Mouseketeer
My wife & I are planning on buying the day of our tour in 9/15... Our trip is in September from 9/15-9/22. They have a moonlight magic event at Hollywood Studios on 9/19 and I honestly want to buy sooner than later.

Would you rather get the $100 gift card and the fast passes
or
Attend moonlight magic even though we are going to a MNSSHP on 9/18

Most likely you will not have the choice of Moonlight Magic. These are typically "sold out" well in advance. Did DVC guide offer this or is it wishful thinking on your part?

My experience of Moonlight Magic in the Magic Kingdom was that there were fewer guests than during a hard ticket event (e.g. MNSSHP), pretty good snacks (if you like hotdogs, chicken fingers, faux burgers, and pretzels) and lots of photopass opportunities not usually seen. (How often have you seen the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs?)

If you have the opportunity, go to Moonlight Magic. Of course we are traveling to WDW 9/30 - 10/4, have our MNSSHP tickets and hope to go to Moonlight Magic at HS when the reservation window opens. Could be I am biased.

Since you are willing to pay a premium, I would expect premium service. Why wait until your visit when you can do it from home? Let your guide know that you want to attend the MM event and that you expect him to deliver.

:earsboy: Bill

Might as well go ahead and ask for MM, the giftcard and the fastpasses. Why Not? What's it hurt to ask? If you only end up getting one or the other, you're still right back where you began.

Folks, the gift card and FP are pretty much only able to be offered by the advanced sales folks at all the kiosks all over WDW, whose job it is to book tours to check out DVC. Not sure the guide could get those items for you unless his manager approved the offer.

I agree that if you really want to attend the MM event, you need to be a member well in advance. It is correct that the events sell out pretty quickly. Your guide should be able to help walk you through that process once you join.

Lastly, I assume you are in a registered area since you have been communicating with a sales guide? If so, you can indeed buy via phone. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter