Would you switch hotels?

steves1bear

Mouseketeer
So, we decided to head to Disneyland at the end of January. I booked Park Vue Inn and thought all was good, but then I found Del Sol Inn. It's a good $500+ cheaper than Park Vue Inn for the same type of room (2 queens and bunkbeds).

My question is, I know the Del Sol's breakfast isn't nearly what Park Vue's is so is it worth it to switch knowing we'll have to spend some of the savings on food? I wasn't sure how expensive Dennys is since we've never eaten at the one in Anaheim.

We would also have one breakfast in the park since we would be doing a character meal.

Does this make any sense? Any advice on Del Sol? Never stayed here before, but have stayed at Park Vue.

I've never stayed at either one. $500 is a sizable savings!
Make sure you have DelSol Inn booked at that rate before you cancel ParkVue.

If you're going to use up most of the $500 on feeding everyone, it probably isn't worth switching.

I'd also consider the added time it would take to have breakfast at Denny's or even IHOP vs the breakfast at ParkVue. I've always found the hotel breakfasts to be a little faster in the mornings for my group.

Geemo

I haven't stayed at Del Sol, but provided the reviews were good I would switch for a $500 savings. We aren't really breakfast people though, so whatever Del Sol has for breakfast would probably be okay for us. We tend to just grab something quick and go and then eat a snack or an early lunch once inside the parks.

I've stayed at both. I think the Park Vue Inn is nicer. I'd stay at the Del Sol again for a quick overnight trip, but for a longer stay I'd probably go with the Park Vue.

If you have a car, PVI has much better parking, the pool is also far superior (might not matter in January). Prices at that Denny's are higher than average and the service has never been anything to write home about.

Thanks for the added perspective. I actually have both places booked right now while we try and decide. We won't have a car since we're flying in from Hawaii and just doing Disneyland so thankfully parking isn't an issue.

Hmm, everyone has definitely made some points to think about. Hadn't thought about the added time to eat somewhere else versus just eating at the hotel.

Thanks for the added perspective. I actually have both places booked right now while we try and decide. We won't have a car since we're flying in from Hawaii and just doing Disneyland so thankfully parking isn't an issue.

Hmm, everyone has definitely made some points to think about. Hadn't thought about the added time to eat somewhere else versus just eating at the hotel.
One of our first trips we ate out for all meals, there were four of us. We went to IHOP and Denny's both for breakfast.
Each time we had to wait for a table. Tick.. tock...
Then we had to wait for waitress to take our order. Tick.. Tock..
The cook to cook and waitress to serve. Tick.. tock...... And that was only the beginning of breakfast.

I have one grandkid that is an extremely slow eater. The time for breakfast killed me those mornings.
After that I learned where we could grab breakfast on the go and eat at the gates waiting for opening.
To tell you the truth, I think the kids like this much better than a sit down breakfast.

Geemo

We stayed at the Del Sol a few years ago, but haven't stayed at the Park Vue so I can't give you a comparison. The Del Sol was very basic. We stayed in a two Queen + bunkbed room and I remember it felling a little cramped. We're a family of 2 adults 3 kids. We go to DL about 1-4 times a year and Del Sol is never priced low enough to get me to stay there again. The kids remember the towels being folded into animal shapes, so that was a hit.

We've stayed at Hojo's, Desert Inn, Candy Cane, Del Sol, the Grand Legacy, Tropicana and the Disneyland Hotel. We stay at Grand Legacy the most because they usually have the best price with an AP rate and it's always been clean and the room doesn't feel too cramped even with 5. Their pool is in the parking lot, but it is marginally nicer than some of the others. They currently offer a bag of snacks each morning with an apple, granola bar, string cheese and a bottle of water. We didn't really bother with it. The kids had cereal and milk that we brought in the room. There is also a Jimboy's at the front of the property that sells coffee and some breakfast food items.

While not Denny's, I have eaten at the IHOP across the street from the pedestrian entrance for dinner. Kids eat free, and even with that, we spent nearly $30 between dinner, soft drinks, and a small tip for just 9-year-old DD and myself. I had "breakfast for dinner" that night and it wasn't anything extravagant, so I assume it would be a similar price for breakfast... which will add up quickly if it's $20 for adults and $10 for kids. So, for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, you'd be looking at $70 per meal... For 4 nights, that's $280--pretty quickly eating away at any potential savings!

Also of note is there is a McDonalds & Panera right there also. Denny's & IHOP are both going to take much longer and cost a lot more.

I'd do it to save the money. You can also see if HomeWood suites convention. It's a great deal if you're staying 7 nights or more. Free dinners mon-thurs as well.

If you stay at del sol I'd bring to buy some quick breakfast snacks to get you through the gates. Breakfast bars, oatmeal if they have a microwave. Bagels & cream cheese. Trail mix, fruit, bottled water. Then eat a brunch in the parks after you do a couple of rides. They serve breakfast in the parks. I bet it's faster and most likely cheaper than McDonald's. We stayed at carousel inn and McDonald's was sooo slow. 30 min for take out.

I don't know about Denny's, but Coco's has order online and pick up features. I think Denny's might have similar. You can order your food to go, pick it up, and eat it while waiting at rope drop or something. So, that cuts down on time.

I don't really like Del Sol. It's nice for a 1 or 2 night stay, but I wouldn't do longer than that. If you won't be in the room much, it's not too bad though.

I don't think Park Vue is a Best Western facility

Ok, thanks. When I called BWPPI to see about availability, they said had a related motel nearby. I thought they meant Park Vue but it must have been something else. The Park Vue website didn't look like a BW so that makes sense.

Ok, thanks. When I called BWPPI to see about availability, they said had a related motel nearby. I thought they meant Park Vue but it must have been something else. The Park Vue website didn't look like a BW so that makes sense.
They have Park Place Inn, Anaheim Inn (a few motels south on Harbor), Stovalls, and Pavillions (in order of closest to farthest from the parks).

I don't know about Denny's, but Coco's has order online and pick up features. I think Denny's might have similar. You can order your food to go, pick it up, and eat it while waiting at rope drop or something. So, that cuts down on time.

I don't really like Del Sol. It's nice for a 1 or 2 night stay, but I wouldn't do longer than that. If you won't be in the room much, it's not too bad though.
That's great to know about coco's.

They have Park Place Inn, Anaheim Inn (a few motels south on Harbor), Stovalls, and Pavillions (in order of closest to farthest from the parks).
I wouldn't stay at the others. Just BWPPI. My sis took their advice and ended up at the Anaheim BW. It's just down the street but she was not happy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!