Wouldn't Pete be an ideal Riviera resale candidate?

Carlymouse

Mouseketeer
Our family loves the Dis DVC show! While watching the recent Riviera Update episode, we got to thinking: Wouldn't the most likely resale purchase candidates for Riviera be people who already own multiple other contracts across other DVC resorts? Are those people really going to care if they can't book that contract anywhere other than Riviera if they have multiple other contracts they can use anywhere? In Pete's case, it seems like he has purchased contracts across a bunch of resorts to get those different 11-month bookings. Wouldn't someone like Pete be likely to just buy Riviera resale to add a Riviera trip to the yearly calendar?

Absolutely! He mentioned somewhere that he may just do that, but was waiting to see it first. Think a lot of people are in that wait-and-see mode, and will be more comfortable with their restrictions concerns once they know it will definitely be a place they want to call home😀

Maybe. But why buy a car that you know has a built in flaw in the engine when all the other cars on the lot don’t?
I think they said the first resale went for 100ish/pt. Aren’t a few others resales (without engine flaws) still hovering there?
Overall, I find the Riviera restrictions frankly pretty alarming. It shows Disney’s intentions and influence on the resale market in a way that’s not positive for their owners.

We completely agree. It occurred to us that someone like Pete with lots of other points to use at all resorts might not be bothered as much by the restriction. (Of course, we know that Pete IS bothered by the restrictions because he has said so many times!) But it would depend on just how far that resale price drops...

I think the issue right now is that the resort is not even open yet. If you could physically see the property, walk through it and experience it, then you would know if you would be okay being stuck there for your vacation. If it met your expectations, then a resale contract could be appealing.

There is still the very real problem of availability. With resale owners being limited to ONLY booking at Riviera, they will almost certainly want to book as early as possible. There will always be that cloud of uncertainty hanging over your head of whether or not you will get your desired dates. That would be enough anxiety for me to steer away from a Riviera resale, no matter how much I love the resort or how cheap I could pick up a contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter