Wow! Gay Disney Pins?

Firstly, let me say that what appears to be the "gay flag" Mickey pin and a "gay Mickey antenna topper" is actually just a striped coloured pin and a striped coloured antenna topper, not gay or otherwise. The PRIDE flag, no longer called a "gay flag" has these colours in it, in this order:

Red, represents Life
Orange, represents Healing
Yellow, represents Sunlight
Green, represents Nature
Blue, represents Harmony
Purple (or violet), represents Spirit

Secondly, be sure not to hang it with the Purple stripe at the top! Always hang it with the red stripe first. It's like if you hung the Canadian flag upside down, people would tend to notice!

So there you have it. If Disney really wanted to make us happy, they would come up with a pin with the colours I mentioned above. Now that would be awesome!

So there you have it. If Disney really wanted to make us happy, they would come up with a pin with the colours I mentioned above. Now that would be awesome!

I think the fact that Disney has embraced the day is good for me. As one of the people who went to the first few years, I remember when they used to have a sign at the turnstyles that said something to the effect of 'Attention: The park today may be visited members of an alternative lifestyle.'

I think the fact that Disney has embraced the day is good for me. As one of the people who went to the first few years, I remember when they used to have a sign at the turnstyles that said something to the effect of 'Attention: The park today may be visited members of an alternative lifestyle.'
Yeah, I don't think they could, or should officially endorse it.
I just think it's better for them to stay out of controversial topics. I appreciate that they didn't want political shirts and so forth.
I'm also glad that don't condemn it.

MG

i think it's not necessarily bad, but non-inclusive that htey have a pin for just married straight couples(a mickey head with a top hat and tux joined with a minnie head with a wedding dress/veil) but not one for same sex couples...i mean, i know my husband and i could purchase two sets but we shouldn't have to

For history buffs our there: the six stripe flag that Dan40 mentions is actually the third iteration of the flag, and did not become popular until about 1979.

The original pride flag was created by Gilbert Baker in 1978 and had 8 stripes:

Hot Pink (sex)
Red (Life)
Orange (Healing)
Yellow (Sunlight)
Green (Nature)
Turquoise (Magic and Art)
Indigo (Serenity)
Violet (Spirit)

When Harvey Milk was killed, and demand for Pride flags grew: the hot pink stripe was eliminated due to the cost and scarcity of hot pink fabric. Then the turquoise stripe was dropped soon after so the flag would have an even number of stripes and be more visually appealing/symmetrical. So we are left with the six stripe flag (and stripe meanings) that is commonly used today. (Though sort of a shame we got ride of sex, magic, and art!)

In any case...the Mickey pin post previously in the thread does follow the second stage pride flag order, with the turquoise stripe present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts