WWYD - Thanksgiving week

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I fully expect it to be crowded, and was (and still am) hoping additional attractions and entertainment open.

However we currently have have 2 MK Days (VERY busy days), 2 AK days, 2 Epcot Days and 1 HS day.

I am considering, doing LEGOLAND or SeaWorld, and removing an Epopt day, or leaving the day and just going for dinner if we feel up to it, could also scrap the second AK day if we do everything we want the first time around.

So what would you do? LEGOLAND or SeaWorld (Mostly for Sesame area)?

Kids are 2 and 6, have both been before, and we will go again AKA not a once in a life time trip, and we are ok skipping things, avoiding crowds.

I fully expect it to be crowded, and was (and still am) hoping additional attractions and entertainment open.

However we currently have have 2 MK Days (VERY busy days), 2 AK days, 2 Epcot Days and 1 HS day.

I am considering, doing LEGOLAND or SeaWorld, and removing an Epopt day, or leaving the day and just going for dinner if we feel up to it, could also scrap the second AK day if we do everything we want the first time around.

So what would you do? LEGOLAND or SeaWorld (Mostly for Sesame area)?

Kids are 2 and 6, have both been before, and we will go again AKA not a once in a life time trip, and we are ok skipping things, avoiding crowds.

I prefer SeaWorld to Legoland. There’s a lot for kids their age to do, like feeding the sting rays and the seals. Some rides. The shows are so much fun. When DD was 5, there were a few rides and the play ground at Legoland, but we definitely weren’t there for the whole day. I’ve only gone once because I didn’t think it was worth the money.

I wouldnt scrap the days (and I have the same plan over Thanksgiving...2 days at EP, MK and AK and one at HS) because you're expecting it to be busy, in fact that is exactly why I would keep them. It's going to much easier to split the parks up into two days to see everything you want. Hit each park once at rope drop and the other in the afternoon or evening and stay until close.

I wouldnt scrap the days (and I have the same plan over Thanksgiving...2 days at EP, MK and AK and one at HS) because you're expecting it to be busy, in fact that is exactly why I would keep them. It's going to much easier to split the parks up into two days to see everything you want. Hit each park once at rope drop and the other in the afternoon or evening and stay until close.

I just don’t want to be standing in lines all day.... I thought this may break it up a bit...

Thats my point...by having two days in each park, you won't have to. Break your plan up into two parts with half the headliners in one day and half on the other.

Take Animal Kingdom for example..right now FoP is best to NOT be done at rope drop. So do Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and then other things with little to no wait then the one ride you'll have to wait 45-MAYBE 60 minutes for is FoP then you can leave and come back later in the day (or not at all). Your next day you can head straight to Navi and let everyone else fight over FoP.

I wouldnt suggest trying to do all e-tickets on both days but the splitting them up over two days will mean you'll wait less overall. By only having one day in each park you don't have as many options. I am not saying you have to have two days in each park BUT if the goal is to reduce the wait times due to longer standby times the more time you have to hit the park the better shot you have to avoid the longest wait times. (two rope drops, two park closings, etc)

Thats my point...by having two days in each park, you won't have to. Break your plan up into two parts with half the headliners in one day and half on the other.

Take Animal Kingdom for example..right now FoP is best to NOT be done at rope drop. So do Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and then other things with little to no wait then the one ride you'll have to wait 45-MAYBE 60 minutes for is FoP then you can leave and come back later in the day (or not at all). Your next day you can head straight to Navi and let everyone else fight over FoP.

I wouldnt suggest trying to do all e-tickets on both days but the splitting them up over two days will mean you'll wait less overall. By only having one day in each park you don't have as many options. I am not saying you have to have two days in each park BUT if the goal is to reduce the wait times due to longer standby times the more time you have to hit the park the better shot you have to avoid the longest wait times. (two rope drops, two park closings, etc)

Great points! I think we will make the call on seaworld depending on how the first AL day goes. It’s on Monday, after what I am sure are going to be extremely busy days at MK and HS over the weekend!

Hi @NJlauren! We "knew" each other from TR's that may or may not have been by CruellaNY ;) We'll be there for Thanksgiving as well with fewer park days and I won't comment on that other than to say we've been twice since reopening in July.
There are still lots of good strategies for cutting down on the lines you stand in and personally I am so much happier with no FP! But to answer your question in terms of the 2 other parks I definitely say SeaWorld. First of all if you're at all concerned with virus protocol you'll find it better managed at SeaWorld from all the reports my co-workers and I are getting on both parks and I do agree with PP's that there's more to do. Hope you have a great time wherever you go and maybe if you "remember" me we can say hello lol!

Hi @NJlauren! We "knew" each other from TR's that may or may not have been by CruellaNY ;) We'll be there for Thanksgiving as well with fewer park days and I won't comment on that other than to say we've been twice since reopening in July.
There are still lots of good strategies for cutting down on the lines you stand in and personally I am so much happier with no FP! But to answer your question in terms of the 2 other parks I definitely say SeaWorld. First of all if you're at all concerned with virus protocol you'll find it better managed at SeaWorld from all the reports my co-workers and I are getting on both parks and I do agree with PP's that there's more to do. Hope you have a great time wherever you go and maybe if you "remember" me we can say hello lol!

Hey lady! I will def say hey if I see ya! I think if I didn’t have the 2 year old with me I wouldn’t worry to much. But she is a spirited one and 40 minutes in line with her is exhausting! Dillon I don’t worry about to much!

Yeah I think I’m leaning towards seaworld, I just wish more shows and entertainment was open at WDW, I’m still hoping!

We are planning a trip for that same week, with 2 kids under age 5. We are hoping to go to Legoland. A co-worker of my husband's told us last summer that his family enjoyed Legoland more than Disney because of lower crowds and relaxed pace (but this was pre-covid). Legoland is also appealing to us because of relaxed mask rules... Kids don't have to wear masks until age 8, adults don't have to wear them outdoors unless in a line or otherwise can't socially distance. So Legoland is our first choice. We want to go to SeaWorld as well, but my oldest loves sea animals (from watching Octonauts). I don't think we would go just for Sesame Street at this time.

We are planning a trip for that same week, with 2 kids under age 5. We are hoping to go to Legoland. A co-worker of my husband's told us last summer that his family enjoyed Legoland more than Disney because of lower crowds and relaxed pace (but this was pre-covid). Legoland is also appealing to us because of relaxed mask rules... Kids don't have to wear masks until age 8, adults don't have to wear them outdoors unless in a line or otherwise can't socially distance. So Legoland is our first choice. We want to go to SeaWorld as well, but my oldest loves sea animals (from watching Octonauts). I don't think we would go just for Sesame Street at this time.

Ekkk. I don’t love those mask rules if I’m being honest. I would be fine with my kids not in masks but the adult not required doesn’t thrill me. I mean I am in mask central so that’s probably part of it, my two year old is in a mask for daycare, so we are pretty used to it already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!