Wyndham Bonnet Creek- tower request for fireworks and balcony

pmanko

Mouseketeer
First off - I did review the huge 4 threads on WBC and some of the info is so old and is obsolete (i.e. free shuttles).
We are going the week before Christmas and the place appears booked! Today I was unable to make any tower requests- I was told I could the day before (when they received the inventory). Also, in reading through some posts I was shocked to see that not all rooms have a balcony! I will be really bummed if we do have a balcony! How do we know which rooms/towers have balconies etc?

We have stayed here before back in 2010 and enjoyed the resort - we stayed in the Main building -this time we want a high floor to see the fireworks with a balcony! Recommendations!?

Also, are any of the onsite restaurants good? I don't see menus or any info on WBC website.

The very vast majority of units have balconies. I actually wasn't aware that some don't, but I guess there may be odd configurations near dumpsters or something. Or maybe you ready that not all ROOMS have balconies??? That's true, the bedrooms don't have balconies, but the living room does on most configurations (I haven't been in a 4 bedroom, so that I'm not sure).

Room requests can be hit or miss and can only be made at check-in. So, what I'm getting at is to not get your hopes up but treat it as a pleasant surprise if you are able to get a request granted. We've been lucky a couple of times with tower 5 water view units that can see the DHS fireworks, that was nice.

First off - I did review the huge 4 threads on WBC and some of the info is so old and is obsolete (i.e. free shuttles).
We are going the week before Christmas and the place appears booked! Today I was unable to make any tower requests- I was told I could the day before (when they received the inventory). Also, in reading through some posts I was shocked to see that not all rooms have a balcony! I will be really bummed if we do have a balcony! How do we know which rooms/towers have balconies etc?

We have stayed here before back in 2010 and enjoyed the resort - we stayed in the Main building -this time we want a high floor to see the fireworks with a balcony! Recommendations!?

Also, are any of the onsite restaurants good? I don't see menus or any info on WBC website.

Some of the rooms on the ground floor have patios. You can see them when you play minigolf.

For views, you are at the mercy of the person checking you in. They stopped playing the "call ahead game" years ago. If you want a guaranteed high, balcony view, you can book a presidential level room. You will be in an upper floor in tower six.

Menus for the Wyndham Grande Hotel, which is part of the WBC complex, are available on its website.

It never hurts to call and ask, you never know what front desk will do...

Tower 2 parking lot can have views of Hollywood Studios. Tower 5 parking lot view can have both EPCOT
and Magic Kingdom view .

Don't they have suites open in each tower from which guests can see the fireworks?

Don't they have suites open in each tower from which guests can see the fireworks?

Not every tower. They had a fireworks viewing room in Tower 6 at one point, but I don't know if it is still there.

Many people have questions about fireworks views. Now that there are nightly fireworks shows at Hollywood Studios, many, many of the rooms at Bonnet Creek will have a fireworks view of either Hollywood Studios or Epcot. Some will have a view of both. If you look on how the resort is oriented, its aimed right at Hollywood Studios.

We were in tower 5 room# 1191 (11th floor) and we had a fantastic view of the Hollywood Studios fireworks every night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!