Wyoming extra day

Clarabelle,
We have gone ahead and booked our extra night through the hotel, because we want to make sure that we get the extra night, and will be booking our flight soon. I would worry that the hotel might get booked up, and I wouldn't have a room. The hotel has already told me that we can keep the same room when our tour starts with Disney, and if Disney adds an extra night we can just switch over to them. We also have until 14 days prior to the trip to cancel with the Wort. Good luck, and lets hope that Disney will add that extra night. I can't figure out why they wouldn't.

I should mention that if you book a pre-night stay with the Wort, they do go ahead and charge you a first and last night deposit. I am not thrilled with being charged this far in advance, but I at least feel like I have my reservation all set, and I can get my frequent flyer flights lined up.

We did the Quest for the West in July. We booked a pre day because of a full day of traveling to get to Jackson. The day we arrived we walked around Jackson, visited a local art fair, had dinner and went to bed exhausted. We booked a sunrise balloon ride in Idaho (the back of the Tetons) and had a 4:45 am pick up at our hotel. Unfortunately, due to wind conditions, our balloon ride was cancelled after we had ridden for 45 minutes into Idaho. The scenery during the ride was just beautiful. We went back to the Wort and slept. We later went on the Alpine slide, checked in with the ABD staff and miracle of miracles, met a family traveling with an 11 y.o. daughter just like us!!!! They became fast friends at the welcome dinner. We rescheduled the balloon ride for the next morning. Again we were to be picked up at 4:45 am. We received a call from the driver at about 4:15 am informing us again that the ride needed to be cancelled. We were disappointed, but did have a nice drive into Idaho the first day, and the second day had a relaxing morning before the ABD lunch.
At the end of the tour we fell in love with Brooks Lake Lodge. My DH had an I want to spend more time here :goodvibes look in his eye. We checked with the Lodge, and with the airline (a small fee to change flights), and my DH convinced me that we had saved so much money by not taking the balloon ride, that it would be a bargain to stay an extra night at the end of the trip. Staying on at Brooks Lake was the best decision. Another family from our tour had planned on staying extra days and we had a wonderful time with them. We went into the town of Dubois and attended a local rodeo. The scenery and surroundings at Broooks Lake Lodge make you fall in love with Wyoming, but the staff and other guests, make you want to stay forever. I would go back in a heartbeat. Everyone on our tour had really bonded and it was like a family vacation at the Lodge. An extra day at the Wort helped us ease into the trip, but the day at the end was priceless.

Hi Guys
we took your advice and tried to book the brooks lodge on the 18th July 2009 for that extra nights stay, unfortunately because disney have increased the number of these trips - the hotel has another disney trip arriving on the 18th for 2 nights - so it is full!!

we can go on a wait list but Disney do not release the rooms until 2 weeks out and by then I am not sure what chance we stand of getting a nice room somewhere else.

I have spoken to disney and that is why they have no plans whatsoever to book pre and post stays on this trip.
I am now off to see if the wort can extend so we can have the room before the trip. It sounds like booking very early is a necessity!

Hi Pipch!
Any luck with booking the Wort on a pre-night stay? We just booked Quest for the West for next August, and I was going to look into a pre night. We heard the same story about Brooks Lake Lodge. Disney has it completely booked from June to September, unless there are cancellations. Since this trip is so popular, that is unlikely.

We were also thinking of checking into pre-night activities/tours. any other recommendations besides the Teton Science school mentioned earlier in this thread??????

Already getting excited, and it is almost a year away! Sigh. . . .

Turtlemom

:yay:

Hi Turtlemom
YES I did book the wort for the night before and they charged it to my credit card!!
I think I will call next year when they have the names from Disney ( as yet it is only a total number of rooms blocked off) and make sure that they link our reservations.

I have also done something with the hotel that I hope is okay - I requested an upgrade of the room as we are there for so many nights. They are charging me the difference between the disney rate and the full rate each night.
The manager assured me that was okay and that they would sort that with Disney, but once again I think I will call nearer the time and make sure.

Now we are not able to stay at the brooks lodge I was trying to find an alternative for the last night ( we leave on a cruise from Los angeles the two days later)
One option which appeals is to go back to Jackson hole and "do" the saturday night Rodeo. Why come to Wyoming and not do a Rodeo???
However when I looked up Brooks Lodge it said it was 60 miles west of Jackson.
How does Disney get everyone back to Jackson - Is the 60 miles done altogether on a coach or do they send Taxi's for everyone at varying times.
To be honest I cannot see the point in paying for our own transport for the 60 miles we may as well jump on the disney transport to the airport and then get a cab to wherever we were going to stay for the last night.

Can anyone please let me know how the last 60 miles is done? If it is by coach and all together early in the morning then we may make our own way.

Thanks

Now we are not able to stay at the brooks lodge I was trying to find an alternative for the last night ( we leave on a cruise from Los angeles the two days later)
One option which appeals is to go back to Jackson hole and "do" the saturday night Rodeo. Why come to Wyoming and not do a Rodeo???
However when I looked up Brooks Lodge it said it was 60 miles west of Jackson.
How does Disney get everyone back to Jackson - Is the 60 miles done altogether on a coach or do they send Taxi's for everyone at varying times.
To be honest I cannot see the point in paying for our own transport for the 60 miles we may as well jump on the disney transport to the airport and then get a cab to wherever we were going to stay for the last night.

Can anyone please let me know how the last 60 miles is done? If it is by coach and all together early in the morning then we may make our own way.

Thanks
Everyone from our trip went by coach. Everyone was dropped off at the airport. I'm not sure this is the norm our not. It seemed unique for us.

We went in large vans. It was quite a long trip back. I would take advantage of the ride back to the airport. The airport is no more than 5 minutes from downtown Jackson Hole.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter