• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X-rays & video cassettes: OK??

suzimar57

Miss my Happy Place.
Should I have my blank mini digital video cassettes hand-checked at the airport, rather than pass through the x-ray?

I know the x-rays can be harmful to 35mm of 800 asa or faster - I want to know if the video cassettes would be at any risk at all with x-rays.

Leaving in 16 days.......

:earsboy:

in my experiance they have alway hand checked ours if there is a tape in it they remove it and send it through the xray. but the last time i have flown with a camara was 3 yrs ago .. things might of changed..
hope this helps some

Don't know about digital film, but I always just put my 8mm camcorder thru x-ray and have never had a problem.

I always put my video tapes in one of those x-ray safe film bags, why take chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter