X

Status
Not open for further replies.
X I can now see I will not get assistance in the manor I was requesting.

what do you mean by this, you asked about the DAS and listed 20 or so symptoms that you have most were mobility related. some had nothing to do with Disney at all.

while I do not think Disney is right for you at this time maybe in a few years ( as it sounds like with treatment you will get better? do I have this right?

You need to set realistic goals for your self, if you have been homebound for the last 9 years, I would not even attempt the trip to Disney. I understand you kids have been through a lot and you want them to have a great time, but tell them now that mommy know what is causing my symptoms I an getting the treatment I need and in a few years we will take a big trip ( and if you wait toy story land star wars land, and Disney 50 anniversary oh wow.) that would be an amazing trip.

I am sorry you did not get the help you were looking for, Ido want you to have a great trip wheter that is this month or in 5 years but i would stick around the Disboard it may seem like we are not helpfull but we really are, I know for me I go down about onece a month some times fro a week at a time I know a lot of people with all kinds of diseabily that goes down to disney so if you have any question please ask ( once you get 10 most you canPM too)

sorry for all the miss spelling I am let for work but wanted to say do not give up on use helpng you mayb we miss undertood each other.

In case you hadn't seen it yet, here is a link to the WDW - Disability Access Service (DAS) thread that is pinned near the top of this forum. The first post or 2 has all the information; no need to read the numerous pages of discussion. https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

As PPs have said, nobody here on the DISboards can guarantee you will receive a DAS. Neither can anyone by phone or email from WDW. Only CM's at Guest Relations can decide that in-person. That can make planning challenging. You've mentioned a very long laundry list of "symptoms" but those symptoms may or may not manifest within a queue environment. You've mentioned that you really haven't been outside the home in 9 years to experience any type of queue. I strongly suggest that you get out and try somewhere more local first. Shopping, a mall, local zoo, smaller amusement park, etc. You haven't mentioned from where you will be traveling but I get the impression from your writing that WDW is likely an international trip. WDW is of great magnitude for anybody, and I simply can't imagine trying to visit WDW as a first real trip after being homebound with smaller excursions first. I don't mean to dissuade you, but it's a very large undertaking. Also, disability accommodations in the U.S. are different than what may be available to you closer to home.

The DAS might be an accommodation for you. But you'll first have to explain how it pertains to your specific needs in a standard queue environment. DAS is not based on symptoms or diagnosis, it's based on individual needs. Everybody has 3 FP+ to reserve ahead of time; be sure to reserve those in advance. And PPs have mentioned some helpful tips. Regardless of whether you receive a DAS you would need to take some degree of helping yourself, planning for situations if the DAS is not available or not in use at the time. Even with a DAS you will still be in a queue for sometimes 10-15 minutes, possibly longer if there is a malfunction or delay with the ride. DAS is only used for attractions; you may need to wait for dining, characters, transportation, outdoor shows like fireworks, etc.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter