Yacht Club or Gran Destino

Remyle25

Earning My Ears
Hey all! So A friend and I are going for a quick last minute trip Sunday-Tuesday next week. Usually when I go I stay at Pop. I LOVE pop. Right now there are really good deals for Deluxe resorts as well. Yacht club is like 291? Contemporary 299. So I thought maybe we’d do a split stay since I’ve never stayed deluxe before. However, I’ve also heard that Gran Destino Tower is comparable to deluxe resorts. I was wondering if anybody has stayed deluxe and Gran Destino and can offer advice? Also between Yacht Club and Contemporary, which do you prefer? I’m trying to splurge for a change but it’s so hard to not just run back to Pop.

Yacht is close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. On the Boardwalk. Upscale. Nicely themed. Little bit better rooms in my opinion then Contemporary. Contemporary convenience of monorail and being right by Magic Kingdom (walkable). Pretty views on both sides. Nostalgic and sentimental. Yacht Club has better pool. They are comparable so it depends on the above amenities for you. Try deluxe. You will love!!

GDT is great presuming it’s not crowded. Stayed there last March and the room (King bed Water view) high floor was spectacular, but it did feel like the walls were thin. Great pool for a moderate, great pool bar, and the restaurant assuming open three bridges or whatever it’s called is good. Tapas is closed but wasn’t that great, although very nice space.

Staying at Yacht Club in March but having stayed at Beach Club (which I don’t like due to management) I can say the pool is spectacular as is the proximity to parks.

Never stayed at Contemporary just feels like the pool isn’t worth luxury prices but on a deal would probably pull the trigger. Make sure that rate isn’t the garden units, in which case I’d opt for Yacht Club probably.

Also, GDT / Coronado close to Blizzard Beach but that’s closed.

Yacht is close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. On the Boardwalk. Upscale. Nicely themed. Little bit better rooms in my opinion then Contemporary. Contemporary convenience of monorail and being right by Magic Kingdom (walkable). Pretty views on both sides. Nostalgic and sentimental. Yacht Club has better pool. They are comparable so it depends on the above amenities for you. Try deluxe. You will love!!
That’s what I keep hearing! I’m just always thinking another how many other things I could buy. But I think I’m gonna do it! Sounds like Yacht club might be the winner.

GDT is great presuming it’s not crowded. Stayed there last March and the room (King bed Water view) high floor was spectacular, but it did feel like the walls were thin. Great pool for a moderate, great pool bar, and the restaurant assuming open three bridges or whatever it’s called is good. Tapas is closed but wasn’t that great, although very nice space.

Staying at Yacht Club in March but having stayed at Beach Club (which I don’t like due to management) I can say the pool is spectacular as is the proximity to parks.

Never stayed at Contemporary just feels like the pool isn’t worth luxury prices but on a deal would probably pull the trigger. Make sure that rate isn’t the garden units, in which case I’d opt for Yacht Club probably.

Also, GDT / Coronado close to Blizzard Beach but that’s closed.
Is there something wrong with the Garden units? You’re like the 5th person I’ve heard speak poorly of beach club.

Garden units at CR generally viewed lower due to have to travel outside to get to room and no real views to speak of. Plus more of a walk. I have not stayed there but outside looking in, I’d want to be in CR proper or BLT were I to choose CR, all things being equal.

My Beach Club (hotel side) views have to do with the management as of March-ish 2019, which imho were such that I would never ever stay there again. Having said that, I am staying at Yacht Club soon (hoping it’s a different management) And the pool area is spectacular, albeit weird in that you have to actually leave the resort technically to get on the Pirate slide (Cross the public path).

I am Yacht Club right now. Love the walking distance to 2 parks. Stayed at GDT last October. It’s very nice. Your food options are limited though. Never stayed at Contemporary. What parks are you looking to visit? Park hoppers are especially nice if you are at Yacht Club. Can pop over to Epcot for dinner or hit HS at evening when the crowds are lower.

I am Yacht Club right now. Love the walking distance to 2 parks. Stayed at GDT last October. It’s very nice. Your food options are limited though. Never stayed at Contemporary. What parks are you looking to visit? Park hoppers are especially nice if you are at Yacht Club. Can pop over to Epcot for dinner or hit HS at evening when the crowds are lower.
I’m doing Epcot, HS and AK. I’ll do MK if there’s time. Because we’ll be at the park so much it’s just still difficult to justify the price. But it’s more affordable at the moment so im thinking I’ll try it.

Outside of the walking distance to the parks, do you feel yacht club is superior in value of room/resort accommodations?

Garden units at CR generally viewed lower due to have to travel outside to get to room and no real views to speak of. Plus more of a walk. I have not stayed there but outside looking in, I’d want to be in CR proper or BLT were I to choose CR, all things being equal.

My Beach Club (hotel side) views have to do with the management as of March-ish 2019, which imho were such that I would never ever stay there again. Having said that, I am staying at Yacht Club soon (hoping it’s a different management) And the pool area is spectacular, albeit weird in that you have to actually leave the resort technically to get on the Pirate slide (Cross the public path).
Good point about garden units for Contemporary.

Love both contemporary and yacht club but of I had to choose between the two I would take yacht club. Never stayed at Grand D.

Outside of the walking distance to the parks, do you feel yacht club is superior in value of room/resort accommodations?
It’s very nice hotel. Loving the balcony. You get a Keurig, and mini bottles of shampoo, etc. (GDT has the Keurig, some mini bottles). Stormalong Bay is nice. Multiple near by eating options. I have seen Pluto & Goofy around the hotel grounds twice in 3 days into my stay. But the distance to the parks can’t be forgotten. I was probably 30th person into HS this morning after a leisurely walk to Gates, waiting at the temperature tents , was on SDD by 825. At Pop, would be lining up early for Skyliner, 2 Skyliner rides to get to HS to get to gates.

The Gran Destino Tower looks spectacular. I've stayed at CR on my very first visit and I loved it. It's not my favorite deluxe resort, but you really can't beat a 5-minute walk to MK, and we really liked the dining options. We are staying at Yacht Club in 9 days and can't wait! Looking at the photos and hearing reports on the boards, it definitely seems to have a more "adult" feel to it.

I don't think you can go wrong with any two resorts you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter