Yacht Club vs Portifino Bay

MineeBaby

DIS Veteran
What do you think...would it be worth scratching two days off the end of our Yacht Club reservations and transfering to Portifino Bay for the last days of our honeymoon? Is it a pain in the neck? Worth it? or should we just drive to Universal when we want to go and possibly purchase the head of the line tickets...too much to think about!! hahaha

I loved the PBH! :D Our room was very large, beautiful view of the bay, lots of cool emenities.... cd player, VCR, fax machine, robes, jacuzzi with separate glass shower, mini bar, etc. I have some pictures of our room... if you'd like to see them just PM me and I'll email them to you. ;)

The main reason why I would do it is for the "front of the line access" you get when you stay at a Universal resort. All you have to do is show your room key and you go to the front of the line on EVERY ride at US and IOA. :D It's a great perk!

I think YC and PBH would be a PERFECT honeymoon! ;) Ask for a room in the "villa section". That's where we were and it was really nice. Actually, we ended up getting that section as a free upgrade. :D I will definitely stay at PBH again.

I LOVE the Yacht Club,
but if you are going to go to Universal, I would absolutely switch to Portofino Bay. I will not go to Universal unless I stay at one of their resorts, it just makes no sense cause if you drive there from WDW, you will have to wait on lines!

if you stay at portofino bay, you will have front of the line access! that will make your experience way better!

Laura :)

Yes, yes, yes! You won't regret it. We love the YC and PBH both! I think you'll find PBH more romantic than the YC as it seems to be much quiter and secluded at PBH. You will love front of the line access! Citiwalk also has some great retaurants/bars to enjoy. We always reserve 2 days on our Orlando trips for Universal and usually 6 days at Disney. However, the next time DH and I can get away alone, we are planning a long romantic weekend at PBH (we've been planning it for 2 years and still have not found the time!) Go for it! You will not be sorry!!!

By all means stay at the PBH. We've stayed at several Disney properties, but none can compare to the PBH. The rooms are so much more elegant, as are the restaurants. Everything I can think of exceeds the Disney level of quality at their hotels.

All of this, plus front of the line - No Question....PBH

Oh yes do it!! If you are gonna be going to Universal anyways, The rooms are sooo much nicer at PBH!!! But I LOVe Yacht club (Location,location.location)
But If I was not going to be doing Disney anymore I would stay at PBH!!

Wow, everyone seems to love it so much!! I have seen a few pictures on the net, but they all appear to be the same pictures, nothing new or different..like one of the bathroom..hahah! We were talking about it alot last night and are going to look into it more...we really would like to try it, but we dont want to feel like we are LOSING time in Disney by cutting it short there.

We own at DVC, so you know we like staying there, right?
Last visit we included PHB at the end of our stay, and now I cannot imagine going to Orlando and not staying at USF (although HRH is our favorite).

It is well worth the time it takes to switch hotels.:D

Yes, make the change. Portofino Bay is really lovely and you will have FOTL access at the parks - definitely worth making the move. You won't be sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter