Yak and Yeti

Mteo

Earning My Ears
We'll be going to wdw next year and we'll have the dining plan. I've been looking at the menu for Yak and Yeti and while the adult menu looks good, the kids one looks a bit boring.

So my question is I know kids are supposed to order off the kids menu, but is it possible to get kid portion of an adult entree?

My kids may be happy with chicken tenders on the day but one of DS4 favourite meals is chicken tikka masala. If we can't we may stick to somewhere else.

Oops just realised I posted to the wrong forum. :blush: Can the admins please move it? Thanks.

We'll be going to wdw next year and we'll have the dining plan. I've been looking at the menu for Yak and Yeti and while the adult menu looks good, the kids one looks a bit boring.

So my question is I know kids are supposed to order off the kids menu, but is it possible to get kid portion of an adult entree?

My kids may be happy with chicken tenders on the day but one of DS4 favourite meals is chicken tikka masala. If we can't we may stick to somewhere else.
They used to be able to accommodate that request. When my kids were younger, they hated the choices on the kids menu & they always ordered off the adult.

Unless someone comes along with recent experience doing this, I'd say your chances are pretty small. I've not seen reports of kids getting kid portions of adult meals from anywhere in a very long time.

They let my son order off the adult menu July of 2016. We will be there again in November so we will see if they still do.

We ordered two sides of chicken fried rice for two of the toddlers in our group. The other one split a chicken and shrimp combo lo mein with her dad, and they still had enough for a doggie bag. Portions are generous at this restaurant.

The Disney Food Blog just put up a video on YouTube about AK restaurants. Yak & Yeti got the No. 1 spot, and I agree that it is excellent. The food, drinks and service get top marks from my family, and the theming is great too.

I had the Kobe burger last month. I chose it with smoked Gouda cheese and the mushroom & scallion topping, and it was to-die-for! I mean super delicious. Definitely the best meal I got that trip. I also enjoyed my Yak Attack drink quite a bit.

We just ate there the week before last. My son got a kids chicken lo mein, it wasn't on the menu but they had no issues making it. They even asked if he wanted veggies with it or not. I know its not that far off of a typical child's menu item but she didn't bat an eye when I asked so I would assume they probably could.

We found them to be fairly flexible at Yak & Yeti. DH liked the sound of one of the appetisers and they turned this into an entree size meal for him.

We ordered off the adult menu for our kids at Yak and Yeti. We were not on the dining plan though. I would just pay out of pocket for the food you want to order if need be.

Thanks for the replys, I think we will try it and worst case scenario we pay oop for an entree.

Just to let you know how accommodating they can be, last year i went and while i chatted with the waitress, i said i really missed the beef lo mein from the yak and yeti local cafe and she said she would ask the chef to make me one and he did, it was delicious and i am going back for more this december. They seemed very customer-focused so you may be in luck. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter