Yak n Yetis on the DDP

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
What are we not allowed and allowed to order if we have the deluxe Dining plan here? Menu doesn't list by catagory of app/entree etc...?

You must be looking at a menu from the QUICK SERVICE Yak n Yeti. The TABLE SERVICE definitely lists apps, entrees, and desserts. Look here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/yak-and-yeti-restaurant/menus/
Thanks, but now I have 2 questions:
1- I'm not sure if that link is TS or QS; it says stuff like "Small Plates" "Noodles & Bowls" etc and not strictly apps, entrees etc..
2 - I had NO IDEA there was a QS AND a TS! Are the menus & prices the same on both? Am I wasting a reservation by not simply skipping the ADR and going to the QS?
In any case, thanks for the info!

Thanks, but now I have 2 questions:
1- I'm not sure if that link is TS or QS; it says stuff like "Small Plates" "Noodles & Bowls" etc and not strictly apps, entrees etc..
2 - I had NO IDEA there was a QS AND a TS! Are the menus & prices the same on both? Am I wasting a reservation by not simply skipping the ADR and going to the QS?
In any case, thanks for the info!

The small plates are your apps. Noodles and Bowls would be an entrée.

Menus are NOT the same. The QS is very limited. Whether to do TS or QS would depend on what you might order, but if you're on the DxDDP, using a credit for a QS meal lowers the value of your dining plan. You would only get the entrée and drink if you go to a QS, even with the DxDDP.

The small plates are your apps. Noodles and Bowls would be an entrée.

Menus are NOT the same. The QS is very limited. Whether to do TS or QS would depend on what you might order, but if you're on the DxDDP, using a credit for a QS meal lowers the value of your dining plan. You would only get the entrée and drink if you go to a QS, even with the DxDDP.
Thanks again. So tell us then, is that link showing the TS or QS, and if it IS showing the TS, do you have a link for the QS so we can compare and see if it's worth using the credits? Thanks!

TS Yak & Yeti is a must do for us each trip. It is a wonderful meal. We did the QS once and wouldn't return.

TS Yak & Yeti is a must do for us each trip. It is a wonderful meal. We did the QS once and wouldn't return.
I don't understand, on the one hand yo say it's a 'must do'; on the other you say you "wouldn't return" Do you mean you would only go if it is a TS meal? If so why? Wouldn't QS be the same food at a cheaper price?

I don't understand, on the one hand yo say it's a 'must do'; on the other you say you "wouldn't return" Do you mean you would only go if it is a TS meal? If so why? Wouldn't QS be the same food at a cheaper price?

I don't think it's the same food at all. The TS is run by Landry's while the QS is run by Disney, if I remember correctly.

I don't think it's the same food at all. The TS is run by Landry's while the QS is run by Disney, if I re member correctly.

Wow, I never knew that. Our first trip we did CS, and love it. Next trip did TS, dreamed about going back for years. Both were great. If we did DXDP we would only do TS for the value.

we ate there over Christmas. It was one of our favorite meals. Although, the blended drinks had no flavor. One of my kids got the steak, which was suprisingly very good.

The food isn't the same at all. We enjoy both, but the TS is really good while the QS is fine for a quick bite but nothing to write home about. As someone said upthread, the QS is Disney and has the same standardized desserts and kids' menus as most other Disney QS. The TS is Landry and has a more extensive and varied menu than most Disney-owned venues.

I would only do the TS and not return to the QS location. As said above not at all the same food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter