*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I just wanted to let anyone who is still keeping their trip for May and have dates between the 3rd and the 8th that I am officially releasing my FP's so if anyone is looking for any, these are the times I had booked. I'm not sure if they go back into the pool or what happens to them, but if you'd like to take a chance and look here are my times!

May 3rd -

10:55 7DMT
12:35 SPACE MOUNTAIN
1:40 SPLASH MOUNTAIN

May 4th –

9:35 RNRC
10:45 TOT
1:45 MF:SR

May 5th –

10:10 EXPEDITION EVEREST
11:15 KALI RIVER
1:00 FOP

May 6th –

9:30 TEST TRACK
10:30 SE
12:05 MISSION SPACE

May 7th –

10:25 KILIMANJARO SAFARI
12:05 FOP
1:15 DINOSAUR

May 8th –

12:35 7DMT
1:35 SPACE MOUNTAIN
2:40 HAUNTED MANSION

I would really like to think our trip is still a possibility but I am tired of worrying about it so I started cancelling things. Yesterday I emailed to cancel the scooter we had rented and got the confirmation this morning.
Just now I called Cirque to cancel our tickets for May 7th and was told that as of now they will not give a refund since the show is scheduled to be performed. They said we could reschedule or call back in a few weeks to see if things have changed. I asked for a supervisor and she told me she was the supervisor. I called both numbers 855-473-7783 and 702-352-0221 and I got the same person on both numbers.

I'm still holding out hope for May 16-22nd. If nothing else, I'll tack on dates for my September trip, assuming there's any DVC availability.

With Apple saying their hoping for Mid-April and Dollywood hoping to open in May, I'm hopeful that it's actually going to happen.

Well I hope May still works out. Today I happened t check my flights with SW and they dropped to $45 each way from Colorado! Of course I grabbed them in hopes the trip still occurs, although it probably will not, but had the excitement of seeing a drastic reduction.

Hope everyone is staying safe and we all get through this challenge in our world now.

We have not yet cancelled, but still unsure if it's a good idea to go if they are open. Hubby and I both agree that if it's not going to be a full WDW experience we will not go, even with CDC, WHO, or other clearances.

🙃 It's looking less likely that my May 11th trip is happening (I pretty much resigned myself to it but I'm clinging to hope :) ) Got my my SW email this am. that people from NY. will have to quarantine when they arrive in FL. until further notice. Hoping my June ( or Sept.) backup plan will come to fruition if May is a definite no. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Well I hope May still works out. Today I happened t check my flights with SW and they dropped to $45 each way from Colorado! Of course I grabbed them in hopes the trip still occurs, although it probably will not, but had the excitement of seeing a drastic reduction.

Hope everyone is staying safe and we all get through this challenge in our world now.
My May flights are hanging up there at $79 despite all the sale emails SW keeps sending me. And I am traveling on weekdays, thought they might go lower.

So has anyone canceled an EMM or After Hours event and been able to get a refund back to their credit card vs e-Disney gift card?

🙃 It's looking less likely that my May 11th trip is happening (I pretty much resigned myself to it but I'm clinging to hope :) ) Got my my SW email this am. that people from NY. will have to quarantine when they arrive in FL. until further notice. Hoping my June ( or Sept.) backup plan will come to fruition if May is a definite no. :goodvibes
We're from NY also and I am just going to assume that if the parks are open for our Memorial weekend trip the quarantine thing will be lifted. I have to think that way! It's also residents of NJ and CT and that bans a good chunk of folks.

Our trip is 4/29-5/5...I haven’t cancelled yet but am noticing increasing availability at resorts...did call to cancel Cirque du soleil but woman I spoke with refused to give refund so I guess I will wait til closer to show date and try again...we r definitely not going To the show.

I just changed my May 30th trip to August. I went in and made all the dining reservations before I changed and they just switched the new reservation to the same confirmation number so all of the new dining reservations stayed. We were able to get almost all of the same reservations we had except California Grill dinner. Also they were able to switch our Villains After Hours Tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and refunded the difference. I was on hold with tickets for almost 45 minutes and then the process took a while. I would say the call in total was an hour and a half. Now we just have to hope that August happens. We have been in August, so we know how hot it is.

Last edited:
We're from NY also and I am just going to assume that if the parks are open for our Memorial weekend trip the quarantine thing will be lifted. I have to think that way! It's also residents of NJ and CT and that bans a good chunk of folks.
I really hope so :goodvibes 46 days and counting lol, anything could happen. I have June as a back up. I'll make my fast passes and be ready. Just waiting to see what Disney does before I switch my flights.

Was just looking at Shades of Green website and they've now crossed off 5/1-5/14 availability for bookings (pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday since I had their tab open and looked at it). This may be aligned with military travel restrictions, but also may be an indicator of things to come? :(

Our arrival date (not staying at SOG this trip) is for 5/14. I'm just not ready to cancel yet, although I have backup dates in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter