*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I've been mentally planning for this for roughly 15 months already but now that we're almost a year out, I'm so eager for it to get here!

Anyone else impatiently counting down the time until package rates are released?

Still here! Just impatiently waiting for pricing so I can plan if I will be paying for any extra parties and such.

Disappointed to see the pushed back the date for Micky and Minnie's Runaway Rail ride all the way to spring 2020! I will probably miss it and I was really looking forward to it.

Oh well, more reason for us to go back in 2023! ;)

Hey everyone! It's a beautiful spring day here, and warmer weather of course makes me think of Disney. We've got just over a year to plan, so let's get to know each other a little. I'll start!

I'm the mom of two beautiful little boys who are currently just turned 3 and almost 8 months. Hoping I will be able to turn them into little Disney World addicts, like I was able to do with my husband.

I was raised in the Wonderful World of Disney on TV and my grandparents visited Disney World when I was about 3, so I was always aware of this magical place. We went there on a family vacation when I was 9 and immediately fell in love. I went to Disneyland Parc when I was 21, and back to Disney World when I was 23. My husband and I have taken 4 trips there together since 2013. His first time there was with me when he was 35, and I fully expected him to hate it and never want to go again until we had older kids. Next thing he was suggesting it as a honeymoon destination!

We both love the rides and enjoy all the shows, and we enjoy other parks just as much as Disney. Some if my favourite rides at Disney are : Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Soaring, Tower of Terror, Toy Story and Mission Space. Also love Spaceship Earth and Mickeys Philharmagic.

Our kids will be 4 and 19 months when we go next May. Can't wait to see how my oldest reacts. Hoping my littlest will be content in the stroller and enjoy the rides and shows as much as his brother did at that age!

My husband and I used to love staying onsite but while we have babies and toddlers we will be taking advantage of pool homes with more space and the ability to sit out by the pool once the kids are in bed. This trip will be two weeks long and we plan on taking in all the Disney parks (may do MK and DHS twice each), the Universal Parks and Seaworld (mainly because I want to see the new Sesame Street land for nostalgia).

How is everyone's (pre)planning going so far?

Hi there!

It's still a little slow here... but May is almost upon us and we'll all soon be less than a year out! :)

I'm Andrea and that's Micky in my Avatar. We've been together 23 years (we met when we were 22!). No kids, but two cats. ;)

I got my love of Disney World from my dad, he and I seem to be the only ones in the family who were bit by the bug. Luckily Micky likes to go with me and has a great time.

We only go every few years, so we go for 9 nights. That makes for a pretty relaxing trip.

I've only done planning in as much as saving, buying clothes for this summer knowing I'll wear them on the trip and starting to lightly think about where we want to eat dinner. We do enjoy a sit down every night with some wine.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone may pop in here over the next year! :)

Does anyone know when the packages will be released? I keep checking but it won’t let me check prices past the end of the year. I’m getting anxious to start narrowing down our plans. This will be my first trip with just one child so we have a lot more options room wise. And we’d planned on doing a dining package but I wanna see how much that’s going to be.

Does anyone know when the packages will be released? I keep checking but it won’t let me check prices past the end of the year. I’m getting anxious to start narrowing down our plans. This will be my first trip with just one child so we have a lot more options room wise. And we’d planned on doing a dining package but I wanna see how much that’s going to be.

Unfortunately no idea. Historically packages are released in June/July.

We booked over the phone room only for May 2020, but at this years (2019) highest rack rate, so I still don't really know what our final cost will be.

Frustrating, I know! :(

Hi everybody! My gf and I are one of those dreaded childless late Gen X/early Millennial couples who love the parks. Anxiously counting down to package releases for 2020, we’re in the pre-planning stage for 10 days at the beginning of May. Leaning very strongly towards the Poly because we adored our first stay there last fall and want more time me ther, but we’re open to the GF or Contemporary depending on what our TA can give us.

Looking like we'll be there around this time next year - let the countdown begin! We'll be taking the kids out of school (probably for the last time, as my DS will be approaching middle school by our next trip). We were trying to find a time with relatively low crowds and good weather, so early May looked like a good bet. Of course, looking at the parks now I'm seeing higher temps/more humidity than I expected, crowds in the 6-7 range and an outbreak of love bugs! Tell me we're not making a mistake going at this time of year ...

Either way, we got back from a late November 2018 trip and I immediately wanted to jump back into planning and dreaming. So here I am!

Hi everybody! My gf and I are one of those dreaded childless late Gen X/early Millennial couples who love the parks. Anxiously counting down to package releases for 2020, we’re in the pre-planning stage for 10 days at the beginning of May. Leaning very strongly towards the Poly because we adored our first stay there last fall and want more time me ther, but we’re open to the GF or Contemporary depending on what our TA can give us.

Hi there! We are also a childless Gen X couple! Although we are 45 so I don't think we count as Millennials. :) Waiting on packages too so I can find out the final price.

Looking like we'll be there around this time next year - let the countdown begin! We'll be taking the kids out of school (probably for the last time, as my DS will be approaching middle school by our next trip). We were trying to find a time with relatively low crowds and good weather, so early May looked like a good bet. Of course, looking at the parks now I'm seeing higher temps/more humidity than I expected, crowds in the 6-7 range and an outbreak of love bugs! Tell me we're not making a mistake going at this time of year ...

Either way, we got back from a late November 2018 trip and I immediately wanted to jump back into planning and dreaming. So here I am!

Hello! This is our first May trip, usually we go in October. I'm okay with the heat, not worried about crowds, but not super thrilled about bugs. Crossing my fingers that the humidity and bigger than normal lovebug outbreaks means it's out of the way for next year!

So when everyone starts getting dates, come back and let me know and I can get that May list going in the first post! :)

Finally, I'm less than a year out!!!

Hello! This is our first May trip, usually we go in October. I'm okay with the heat, not worried about crowds, but not super thrilled about bugs. Crossing my fingers that the humidity and bigger than normal lovebug outbreaks means it's out of the way for next year!

Hey, this is what I'm thinking too! Let's hope.

We'll be renting DVC unless for some reason we can't get the resort for the dates we want. This will be our first time doing it that way, so I'm pretty excited. We'll hopefully find out sometime in June and then we can start looking into tickets.

The Poly is actually the DVC resort we're looking into! It's kind of my bucket list resort, so if all goes well, we'll probably be there around the same time next year.

The Poly is actually the DVC resort we're looking into! It's kind of my bucket list resort, so if all goes well, we'll probably be there around the same time next year.

I hope you can get it! It was my dream resort and honestly it lived up to it. On next May’s trip we’re going for 10 days instead of the 8 last October specifically to spend more time at the resort. I was also sick on the back end of that one so hoping spring will be more cooperative!

I hope you can get it! It was my dream resort and honestly it lived up to it. On next May’s trip we’re going for 10 days instead of the 8 last October specifically to spend more time at the resort. I was also sick on the back end of that one so hoping spring will be more cooperative!

We stayed at Poly in 2017- very nice! Normally we stay Yacht or Beach. This upcoming trip we booked (over phone) Boardwalk Inn with a Boardwalk/Water view!!! Such a splurge, but we are so excited, never stayed there!

That's why I'm panicky for the package prices to come out, in order to book room only for 2020 now, we booked at the highest rack rate for 2019. I then added 10% to that to try and (over) guess what 2020 prices will be. If they increase it more than that then they are crazy and back to Yacht Club we go. :)

Lol DH and I started out as childless late gen (him) /early millenial(me) couple..next time will be our two boys in tow.

Lol DH and I started out as childless late gen (him) /early millenial(me) couple..next time will be our two boys in tow.

Nice! If we ever bring kids it’ll be our nieces and nephews. We’ve settled nicely into the Cool Gay Aunts, lol. Is this your first family trip with the boys? Even though we’ve decided not to have any, we always enjoy watching the kiddos having fun in the parks.

Hi! :wave:

I added some links to a couple videos in the first post. Click on them then actually go to the you-tube site itself by clicking the title at top of video. I love watching these (their channel - ResortTV1 has a few of these "relaxing strolls). If you have any recommendations, please share!

Enjoy!

Nice! If we ever bring kids it’ll be our nieces and nephews. We’ve settled nicely into the Cool Gay Aunts, lol. Is this your first family trip with the boys? Even though we’ve decided not to have any, we always enjoy watching the kiddos having fun in the parks.

We took our now 3 year old when he was about 18 months but first trip for the WHOLE family:)

I’m just hoping the Space restaurant will be done the end of the year like they said and they take ADRs when our date opens.

Yes! I was thinking of trying Biergarten for our arrival night, we've never eaten there and it seems like a fun way to kick off trip. But now I'm thinking the Space restaurant may be pretty fun too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!