Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

One HUGE downside if you have been here before is they got rid of the singing and dancing. This was DS6's favorite part of this meal and it was for sure a letdown.
That's too bad... DD had a blast with that.

DS6 had shown a lot of interest in trying out GMR. I was nervous about the shooting and the Alien scene scaring them, but they all wanted to try it so we got in line.
I'll admit it... when I was little, I was terrified of that ride. Mainly the Alien scene.

But I also had watched Alien when I was way too young to watch a movie like that and it gave me nightmares. So when I later rode that and an Alien came down from above...

No fear during the alien part
I'm glad your boys handled it better than I did when I was that age.

After a painful 20 minutes on the floor
Ain't that the truth...

I could take a million pictures here, it never gets old. Speaking of which, a man in line asked me why I was taking so many pictures when I'm never going to look at them again.
I don't know. Why are you worried about something that has nothing to do with you?

Well stranger if you must know I look at my Disney pictures often, post them on Instagram, use them to market my TA business, and write trip reports, so there :p.
I hope you made sure to let him know... :sad2:

If you have kids that this is their priority, I would highly suggest getting a pre-RD reservation at Hollywood and Vine. It was so nice to not have to fight a crowd over there and then there was no line, so sign up was quick. And then we got to check-in for our breakfast and have a nice time there, HIGHLY recommend.
This is exactly what we did, and I totally agree! I think we were actually the very first people to sign up for Jedi Training that day and we enjoyed our breakfast with Disney Junior. :thumbsup2

One HUGE downside if you have been here before is they got rid of the singing and dancing. This was DS6's favorite part of this meal and it was for sure a letdown.
Well, that explains it. I could swear I've read about that in TRs, but didn't remember anything happening on our trip. I can be pretty oblivious sometimes, though, so figured I just missed it or something.

I could take a million pictures here, it never gets old. Speaking of which, a man in line asked me why I was taking so many pictures when I'm never going to look at them again.
I suspect it makes me a terrible person that I probably would have snuck a picture of the guy and posted it in my TR. :lmao:

Wait...hold on...you can sign up before your Hollywood & Vine reservation?? How have I missed this. We have an 8:00 ADR in a few weeks during our trip, but I was just planning on eating and then heading out about 8:55 to get in line for Jedi Training sign up. Please let me know if I can do it a better way and sign up before our breakfast. If so that is a game changer!!

Enjoying your report for sure!

Hi Ashley! I just wanted to stop by and say HI!! I didn't know you had started a new TR! I'm so happy! I just caught up now and I'm loving it!
I love how cute your boys are and they are getting so big. I'm taking notes too as I'm taking my extended family there and I have 3 nieces and a nephew all under 5 (including an infant) so it's going to be a challenge to plan everything. My ADR day is this week! I am still so very unprepared, so thanks for this TR! Can't wait for more!

Whew, missed a couple updates! Nice times in HS :goodvibes But excuse me Mr. Strange Silly Man?? Loser :rolleyes: Not only could I ride ToT all day but I love taking pictures of it and all around it. I particularly love the statues in the garden on the way in but never get pictures of them I'm happy with.

Such a smart idea! Glad this strategy worked so well for you guys!
Anything to get that little bit of an edge ;)

Um...woah. It always strikes me funny when total strangers think they get to have an opinion about what you like to do on your vacation. Like, why even bother saying that to a total stranger? Obviously he wouldn't look at those pictures again if he took them. I happen to look at my pictures all the time! It helps get through the Post-Disney depression between trips. And I enjoy sharing them with family and friends and putting them in TRs too. People are weird.
I know totally, the pictures and videos I take are so precious to me, whatever.

Sounds like a great morning! Glad the boys did well on Great Movie Ride.
Me too, you just never know :confused3

That's too bad... DD had a blast with that.
I know, it at least made it different than the typical meet and greet buffet.

I'll admit it... when I was little, I was terrified of that ride. Mainly the Alien scene.

But I also had watched Alien when I was way too young to watch a movie like that and it gave me nightmares. So when I later rode that and an Alien came down from above... [/QUOTE]

I'm glad your boys handled it better than I did when I was that age. [/QUOTE]
I was honestly shocked, they didn't even flinch

Ain't that the truth...
::yes::

I don't know. Why are you worried about something that has nothing to do with you?

I hope you made sure to let him know... :sad2:
Oh I did :rotfl2:

This is exactly what we did, and I totally agree! I think we were actually the very first people to sign up for Jedi Training that day and we enjoyed our breakfast with Disney Junior. :thumbsup2
It really helped ease the stress of the sign up process.

Well, that explains it. I could swear I've read about that in TRs, but didn't remember anything happening on our trip. I can be pretty oblivious sometimes, though, so figured I just missed it or something.
Yeah, it was really fun, just another cost cutting measure I'm sure.

I suspect it makes me a terrible person that I probably would have snuck a picture of the guy and posted it in my TR. :lmao:
:rotfl2:I don't think I could have gotten away with it with my big dslr, plus by the time we got into the library I had forgotten all about him and just enjoyed my favorite attraction.

Wait...hold on...you can sign up before your Hollywood & Vine reservation?? How have I missed this. We have an 8:00 ADR in a few weeks during our trip, but I was just planning on eating and then heading out about 8:55 to get in line for Jedi Training sign up. Please let me know if I can do it a better way and sign up before our breakfast. If so that is a game changer!!

Enjoying your report for sure!
Happy to spread the good news. Just go straight there and sign in and then check in for your breakfast, as far as I know they haven't changed this.

Hi Ashley! I just wanted to stop by and say HI!! I didn't know you had started a new TR! I'm so happy! I just caught up now and I'm loving it!
I love how cute your boys are and they are getting so big. I'm taking notes too as I'm taking my extended family there and I have 3 nieces and a nephew all under 5 (including an infant) so it's going to be a challenge to plan everything. My ADR day is this week! I am still so very unprepared, so thanks for this TR! Can't wait for more!
So glad you stopped over. Yay for your ADR day, I love making ADRs. Take lots of notes of all TRs with little kids and you'll do great. That trip is going to be so much fun, so excited for you.

Whew, missed a couple updates! Nice times in HS :goodvibes But excuse me Mr. Strange Silly Man?? Loser :rolleyes: Not only could I ride ToT all day but I love taking pictures of it and all around it. I particularly love the statues in the garden on the way in but never get pictures of them I'm happy with.
:rotfl2:That's the thing, if you're not a pro, it can be hard to get good pictures there because of the lighting, so I am always taking lots :P

Day 4: Part 2
Becoming a Jedi Knight for the Light Side

My legs were killing me by the time I got to the stage, but I made it just in time:thumbsup2.

I saw this somewhere referred to as a Star Wars fashion show:rotfl2:, and I have to agree. After we saw it in May I had no desire to see it again, but I thought the boys would enjoy it. The older two seemed pretty bored to be honest, but DS2 was really into it. After the show, Joe and the two older boys rode Star Tours with a fastpass, while I hung out with DS2.

I'm not sure what happened here, but it turned into the perfect shot

After ST, I took the boys over to the JTA area, while Joe took DS2 into Tattoine Traders. Even though the setup and show are different from last time, the prep was pretty much the same, but hot and tiring for the parents.

When it was time to walk over to the stage, which is not a short distance they make the kids line up and hold this ridiculously big sign. It is super awkward to walk that many kids across the park all the while the CM is shouting make way for the Jedi.

People were staring and taking pictures. Next time I’ll have Joe go with them:rotfl:. Thankfully, both boys got to fight Vader, and were up on the stage. We didn’t have have a good view of DS6, but DS4 was front and center.

DS4 went first and did a pretty good job, especially considering up until the night before he didn’t want to participate.

DS6 being his second time was a pro.

After the kids fight, they do a little show with the padawan, Jedi Master, Vader, and Kylo.

[

I thought the whole story line was kind of annoying and I could see the kids on stage getting bored, but once again DS2 loved it all. He even used the force to rid the stage of Vader and Kylo Ren.

At the end, the Jedi Master had them all hold their lightsabers up and he was talking and DS4 being front and center decided that this was his prime opportunity to show off his skills. He stepped out in front of the pack and started swinging his lightsaber about.

It was so cute and funny, and a total departure from the shy little boy he was the day before. For their achievements they were given a button. DS4 was so excited when he met back up with us, telling us he became a jedi for the light side:goodvibes. After JTA, we decided to head over to Muppet Vision, before heading out for the afternoon.

We then stopped for some FP pics by the Lake.

And at the front of the park.

I needed a pick me up and stopped in Starbucks where everyone got a treatpopcorn::.

The March of the First Order was going on again, so Joe took DS2 out to see it again.

When then made our way out of the park for some much needed downtime.

Last edited:
31778728154_bf86deaef2.jpg

Oh my goodness, too funny!

DS4 went first and did a pretty good job, especially considering up until the night before he didn’t want to participate.

Aren't kids funny like that? Haha :) Good for him though!

This is so cute! Good picture!

Yum!

Fun afternoon! Glad your boys had a good time with JTA. It was interesting to be a part of that for the first time on our Dec. trip. And yummy cupcake!

I'm glad to see everyone got their Star Wars fill in. I haven't ever seen that stage show, but just based on the pictures your description of it as a fashion show doesn't seem too far off.

I'm glad that the older boys were able to do JTA with no meltdowns and DS2 really looked like he enjoyed it as well!

So cute! love it!
He now uses the force wherever we go to open automatic doors, to push his bowling ball down the alley :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, too funny!
I know :lmao:perfect timing

Aren't kids funny like that? Haha :) Good for him though!
I know I am so glad this change of heart resulting in something good.

This is so cute! Good picture!
Thanks, can't take credit for this one, it was PP.

I can't believe I've been missing this all this time, definitely need to get it again when I go back.

Sounds like a Star Wars filled afternoon!!
I certainly was, everyday would be a Star Wars filled day if the boys and that included DH had anything to say about it

Fun afternoon! Glad your boys had a good time with JTA. It was interesting to be a part of that for the first time on our Dec. trip. And yummy cupcake!
That cupcake was fantastic, wish I had one now to be honest ::yes::

I'm glad to see everyone got their Star Wars fill in. I haven't ever seen that stage show, but just based on the pictures your description of it as a fashion show doesn't seem too far off.
It really is accurate, hopefully I won't have to see it again.

I'm glad that the older boys were able to do JTA with no meltdowns and DS2 really looked like he enjoyed it as well!
Me too, can't wait until they can all do it.

Day 4: Part 3
Grim, Grinning Ghosts convince to buy things :hmghost:

Joe and Nicholas laid down for a nap, while I took DSs 4&6 to the pool. Even though it was 70, the water felt freezing and we only last about 15 minutes before giving up:cold:. Since the other two were still sleeping we went to the shop and had the boys do some pin trading. I also went to the front desk to pay of the room balance with some gift cards I had. We then woke DS2 up to head out for the night. We drove to Disney Springs and parked in the Lime Garage.

We haven’t been to DS since May 2015 and I was curious to see the new look. While it is a very nice area, to me it a glorified outdoor mall and I don’t really understand all the hype around it:confused3.

I stopped in Sephora to use a gift card that I had and we looked around at some of the other shops, but ultimately headed to the marketside, which is more what we like.

We were very excited to finally try Earl of Sandwich for dinner. The line was pretty long, but it was worth the wait.

I got the holiday turkey and it was amazing. I literally think about this sandwich from time to time, I loved it so much.

Joe was very much impressed with his Hawaiian sandwich, and the boys liked their grilled cheese.

While we were eating I was surprised how many groups of teen there were. I was trying to figure out if they were tourists or locals, but all were well behaved so it didn’t matter, just interesting to me. A group of college aged girls sat next to us and DS4 started flirting with them, which was pretty cute:lovestruc.

Next we went to the Pin Trading store and let the boys do some more trading. DS2 was happy to pose with the statues.

Next we went to Once Upon a Toy and let the boys build lightsabers and droids.

Our last stop was at the Marketplace, where Joe finally talked me into buying the Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke. I have literally been eyeing this bag for years and always end up saying it’s just to expensive. However, my lovely family had given me Disney gift cards for my birthday and it perfectly equaled the cost of the purse. I still felt extremely guilty, but Joe convinced me to buy and it I couldn’t be happier. It is my absolute favorite Disney purchase. Every time I look at it, it makes me happy, and I love that it’s Disney but doesn’t scream Disney:thumbsup2.

While I was checking out, Joe spotted a watch that he really liked. It was all black with a shiny black Mickey head, again Disney, but subtle. I have a picture of it on a different day. He asked to see the price and we found it reasonable enough to buy it. This would be his birthday gift which was less than two weeks away.

DS2 occupied his time trying on some hats

Having thoroughly broken the bank, we made our way out of Disney Springs with all of our purchases. When we got back to the room, I tried to do laundry but the machines were taken. While I appreciate that the machines are free, it was frustrating that there were only two and almost always in use. Instead we watched Duffy before heading to bed early that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
We haven’t been to DS since May 2015 and I was curious to see the new look. While it is a very nice area, to me it a glorified outdoor mall and I don’t really understand all the hype around it:confused3.
I couldn't agree more. I mean it is nice to see the Disney touches and I do enjoy Jock Lindsey's, but I find it hard to dedicate much (if any) time from our trip to go there when we have the theme parks at our disposal.

Our last stop was at the Marketplace, where Joe finally talked me into buying the Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke. I have literally been eyeing this bag for years and always end up saying it’s just to expensive. However, my lovely family had given me Disney gift cards for my birthday and it perfectly equaled the cost of the purse. I still felt extremely guilty, but Joe convinced me to buy and it I couldn’t be happier. It is my absolute favorite Disney purchase. Every time I look at it, it makes me happy, and I love that it’s Disney but doesn’t scream Disney:thumbsup2.

While I was checking out, Joe spotted a watch that he really liked. It was all black with a shiny black Mickey head, again Disney, but subtle. I have a picture of it on a different day. He asked to see the price and we found it reasonable enough to buy it. This would be his birthday gift which was less than two weeks away.
Awesome! I'm glad you both found something for yourselves. And there's nothing wrong with spending some money on yourself from time to time! Especially if you have gift cards.

Congrats on your Dooney purchase! It's lovely! I've also been talking myself into one for a long time now.

I agree. It's nice, but it doesn't scream "Disney" to me or anything, so I still prefer all the old shops.

Cute PJs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!