Year of a million dreams

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
Nobody has mentioned this so I just thought I'd let everyone in on the supposed changes after the 50th :love:

7 June 2006: "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration

BURBANK, Calif. (June. 7, 2006) -- From an overnight stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, dreams big and small will come true at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts during Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams," a first-of-its-kind celebration of the individual dreams of Disney Parks guests.

The year-long celebration, beginning Oct. 1, 2006, at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will feature the debut of an incredible lineup of new attractions and entertainment at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts, plus new technologies that allow guests to customize their Disney park experience.

And, for the first time, during the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disney cast members will award a million dreams -- both large and small, including many "money-can't-buy" experiences -- to guests selected through a random process as part of a unique "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion.

"Throughout this incredible celebration, special dreams and unique experiences once thought impossible will be awarded by our cast every day," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Disney parks are always the place where dreams come true -- but even more so during the 'Year of a Million Dreams.' "

The "impossible" includes the creation of over-the-top, overnight experiences for winning guests at both East and West Coast resorts: a royal bedchamber inside Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort and a Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Resort, both expected to be complete by January 2007.

A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night. Cinderella's royal bedchamber, now under construction at Magic Kingdom, will allow Disney guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.

And for a lucky Disneyland guest, each night, the all-new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Hotel will pour on the Mickey charm and include magical views overlooking both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. The extraordinary penthouse will be decorated in all things Mickey, with finishing touches by none other than Minnie Mouse herself.

In addition, during the year-long celebration, other Disney dreams both large and small will be awarded in the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, such as:

Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.
A variety of unique Disney vacation experiences.
Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World parks.
Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.
Or, a Golden FASTPASS ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.
New Attractions and Entertainment Planned for the "Year of a Million Dreams"
Throughout the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts will debut major new attractions:

Disneyland Resort in California

• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)

• Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

ah what I wouldnt give to spend the night in my :smickey: penthouse :cloud9:...and an apt. inside the park for us to stay in overnight??? :banana: :banana: please please please let it be me

Actually we did talk about it a couple weeks ago. You would have to dig back a few pages to find he thread. But, thanks for posting the info anyway.

hlbtimes2 said:
Actually we did talk about it a couple weeks ago. You would have to dig back a few pages to find he thread. But, thanks for posting the info anyway.

party pooper! pixiedust: zaps you into oblivion :p

Sorry (hangs head in shame.........). I'm more then willing to talk about it more! I would be happy with any prize- big or small. But, a nice meal in club 33 or a night in the new suite would be really great. Or a life time pass. or, or , or...........

I saw that. Booked for Disney in April but had to cancel due to surgery. Couldn't get another chance until October so I miss the 50th. i am so glad there is another event..and that I can actually win something!

Hey winning Disney stuff is something I'm always up for! It sounds really cool. I'm sure it's going to draw people in for next year. The Mickey penthouse and a night in Cinderella's Castle sounds really awesome. Talk about a once in a life time opportunity! As a kid I always wanted to stay the night "in" the park, of course I wanted to ride the rides too though. hehe

disneegrl4eva said:
will feature the debut of an incredible lineup of new attractions and entertainment at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts,

I wonder if the new entertainment is the High School Muscial thing they are holding auditions for? I hope if it is, it will be running when we are there in November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter