Yes another first time cruiser questions thread...

codygirl5150

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I have my first cruise ever coming up in 6 months for DD16 and I, and doing it up right Disney style! It's our annual Mommy/Daughter trip. I've been loping on the boards for a while but still have some questions.

We are doing a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Dream out of PC in August 2018. Here are my random Q's so far:

-We will both have passports, I'll have my DL of course. Any other form of ID I need to bring (birth certificates?).

-DD16 is thinking about being a marine biologist or veterinarian, so I want to do the Atlantis "Utlimate Trainer for a Day" port adventure. I know this is pricey but it could help her decide her future, so its worth it for me. Being a newbie, what are the chances that I'll be able to book this excursion? Anyone done this and have experiences to share? All I can find via search is a few years old.

-Are port adventures charged at time of booking, or at the end of the cruise with all other on board charges?

-DD has a bit of social anxiety. Is it possible to get private tables for 2 for dinner on the Dream?

-Debarkation: our flight is at 1:30pm. What time do we need to be off ship? We have late dining and are using DCL transportation.

-Would it be weird to get the Romance at Sea package? DD and I want the robes, prosecco for me, chocolates for her, roses for both of us! Don't want our room steward to be creeped out lol!

-How does the whole thing work with putting a card on the account vs. pre-loading money to an onboard account? We will have a DU credit, so I understand that gets used first, but that is it. Is there any advantage to loading $$$ to the onboard account vs. just settling up with the card on file at the end? Will DD still be able to charge to the room with just a card on file?

That's it for now, much more to come. TIA!!!! Love love love the DIS :worship:

Hi all! I have my first cruise ever coming up in 6 months for DD16 and I, and doing it up right Disney style! It's our annual Mommy/Daughter trip. I've been loping on the boards for a while but still have some questions.

We are doing a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Dream out of PC in August 2018. Here are my random Q's so far:

-We will both have passports, I'll have my DL of course. Any other form of ID I need to bring (birth certificates?).

-DD16 is thinking about being a marine biologist or veterinarian, so I want to do the Atlantis "Utlimate Trainer for a Day" port adventure. I know this is pricey but it could help her decide her future, so its worth it for me. Being a newbie, what are the chances that I'll be able to book this excursion? Anyone done this and have experiences to share? All I can find via search is a few years old.

-Are port adventures charged at time of booking, or at the end of the cruise with all other on board charges?

-DD has a bit of social anxiety. Is it possible to get private tables for 2 for dinner on the Dream?

-Debarkation: our flight is at 1:30pm. What time do we need to be off ship? We have late dining and are using DCL transportation.

-Would it be weird to get the Romance at Sea package? DD and I want the robes, prosecco for me, chocolates for her, roses for both of us! Don't want our room steward to be creeped out lol!

-How does the whole thing work with putting a card on the account vs. pre-loading money to an onboard account? We will have a DU credit, so I understand that gets used first, but that is it. Is there any advantage to loading $$$ to the onboard account vs. just settling up with the card on file at the end? Will DD still be able to charge to the room with just a card on file?

That's it for now, much more to come. TIA!!!! Love love love the DIS :worship:
1. Passport trumps all. No need for additional ID (unless you want to bring along your driver's license for use while in ports).
2. Can't say. If the excursion is booked when you do your excursion bookings, just keep checking back. Sometime people make a reservation "just in case" and cancel when it comes to the "must pay now" date.
3. Excursions are charged to your onboard account once the cruise begins.
4. You can request to be seated alone. Call DCL and have the request placed on your reservation. Most such requests are honored. Some aren't.
5. The latest you can stay onboard is 9:00. The trip to the airport takes about an hour.
6. If you want it, go for it.
7. If you use a credit card to back up your onboard account, all KTTW cards in that room will be able to charge (with the KTTW card) to the room account.

At what age do people require photo id, along with their KTTW in port? Her daughter is 16, so will she be fine to leave her passport in the room (only photo id OP mentioned other than passports was her own DL)?

At what age do people require photo id, along with their KTTW in port? Her daughter is 16, so will she be fine to leave her passport in the room (only photo id OP mentioned other than passports was her own DL)?
To reboard the ship in ports those passengers 18 and over require ship's card and photo ID. Under 18 only ship's card.

To re-enter the US those 16 and over require a passport OR a birth certificate with a government issued photo ID.

To reboard the ship in ports those passengers 18 and over require ship's card and photo ID. Under 18 only ship's card.

To re-enter the US those 16 and over require a passport OR a birth certificate with a government issued photo ID.

Good to know! Didn't know I'd have to carry my DL with me when I go to ports, thought it was just the KTTW card. Thanks!

-DD16 is thinking about being a marine biologist or veterinarian, so I want to do the Atlantis "Utlimate Trainer for a Day" port adventure. I know this is pricey but it could help her decide her future, so its worth it for me. Being a newbie, what are the chances that I'll be able to book this excursion? Anyone done this and have experiences to share? All I can find via search is a few years

I have had purchased the “Trainer for a Day” in Mexico for my “DD16 is thinking about being a marine biologist or veterinarian” whom was also 16 at the time.
If you take it outside of Disney you will of course need transportation to the location.
If I can offer some DD advice... have her ask each person she sees what schooling they had. If their job is full or part-time(benefits). You maybe shocked at some of the answers. My daughter is pre-med now. She wanted to get into a full time job(which when we talked to SeaWorld and different animals parks were harder to find.) Vet school is harder to get into then med-school(or at least according to the vets we have interviewed in Vancouver, Chicago Shedd, Orlando SeaWorld)

I have had purchased the “Trainer for a Day” in Mexico for my “DD16 is thinking about being a marine biologist or veterinarian” whom was also 16 at the time.
If you take it outside of Disney you will of course need transportation to the location.
If I can offer some DD advice... have her ask each person she sees what schooling they had. If their job is full or part-time(benefits). You maybe shocked at some of the answers. My daughter is pre-med now. She wanted to get into a full time job(which when we talked to SeaWorld and different animals parks were harder to find.) Vet school is harder to get into then med-school(or at least according to the vets we have interviewed in Vancouver, Chicago Shedd, Orlando SeaWorld)
Very valuable info! Thank you!

For the last question, the advantage to adding $$ to onboard credit before you get onboard is Disney visa counts this as cruise fare so it qualifies for 6 months no interest. Charges placed on card during cruise are treated as purchases.

Do you know if that's the same robe as the Touch of Romance robe?

Also, if anyone knows, do these robes fit the same as the ones on the ship in concierge or the spa area? Thanks.

Not sure, to be honest. I've seen other pics of the package and the robes had a different style logo on them. The pics I posted were of the "Romance for 2" from our 11/11-18 Merrytime cruise sailing from NYC. I'd be curious to know if people who got this package from different ports got the same style robes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter