Yes i am capable of making my own choices but i want to know what tax payers think

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I originally planed to go back to volunteering in the school system in the fall making this my gap year to get my act together but i hate how our system treats teachers itsvonly going to get worse and every other place says i am over qualified if there such a thing but sitting pretty just seems wrong

Why do you want to know what taxpayers think? Are we supporting you while you volunteer?

Because correct me if i am wrong but dont tax payers pay into disabled adults like me

Everyday care i have access too thinksbi sm over qualified

By volunteering i am paying my debt to society by just going to the gym and taking care of myself i feel l feel like a burden on society
Another way to contribute is just to be of service to those around you in small ways. Sweep the sidewalk or pack in groceries for an elderly neighbour. Give a homeless person a bottle of water. Help your Mom with chores or other tasks. If you know a friend has been sick, take them a pot of soup. Give up your seat on a bus to someone older or more frail than you.

These may be things you’re already doing and if so, you should recognize that each and every act of service, no matter how insignificant it may seem, makes the world a little bit of a better place, at least for somebody. There are limits to what each of us are capable of doing, but doing what we can makes life more meaningful.

It could also depend on where you're looking and what their needs are. Some schools are filled with parent volunteers. In our elementary school there is no shortage of parents willing to step up and be at the school multiple days/week, grades k-4, and even into the middle school. But you go into the next district over and it's a different situation. I've taught at schools that we couldn't even get a sub for let alone a single parent volunteer.

Another thing to consider is not only the space for parent volunteers but if you have a college nearby you're also competing with students who are there for their practicums in both early childhood education and elementary education. In addition to that you might be competing against college students who are there as part of their regular volunteer hours through the university civic engagement program.

While you might prefer to work with children you might also see where there is additional need in your community for volunteers. I think it's fantastic that you want to contribute, but it might be time to broaden your search.

Don't you worry what anyone thinks! By volunteering you are making a huge contribution to society. I volunteer at our food pantry, and I know they are always seeking volunteers. We also have a clothes closet, that also always needs volunteers.

Don't you worry what anyone thinks! By volunteering you are making a huge contribution to society. I volunteer at our food pantry, and I know they are always seeking volunteers. We also have a clothes closet, that also always needs volunteers.
I have volunteered in the past but I took this year off to focus on my health i am hoping in the fall to volunteer again but on the other hand when i get sick I the biggest stresser is missing "work" no volunteer work i can take my time to get well for the most part very few exceptions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter