YES!!!!!!!The Pin Quest Worked!

ThinkTink09

Walt is my Homeboy
I'm so excited! We really wanted to go back to disney this year (last year was our 1st trip and it was so awesome). I thought: wouldn't it be much easier to rationalize a repeat trip if I had a pin. Sooooo...I saved about 5 vacations on the wdw site, deleted a deluxe, added a value, added a moderate, deleted a value, and requested the vacation planning DVD. Today I got a PIN!!! 20/30/40. Woohoooooo!!!!! Disney here we come!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now can I afford a duluxe???Hmmmmmm.....

Me too I did the same thing and low and behold a pin came my way!

I've done that before & NOTHING! But I'm not too upset we booked w/ 45% off CL....congrats!

What times of year did you put in? We'd like to go in May, but our dates are flexible since our daughter is just in pre-school. Do you think it's better to put in dates that match the pin or put in high season dates that don't match the pin (thinking they may try to encourage people to change their dates and come during the slower season)?

I've been doing this for TWO MONTHS now and nothing! And I'm an AP holder (so the gift card and 4/3 deals do me no good) and didn't even get the PIN for AP holders! We're going in May come heck or high water (I'm presenting at a conference in Orlando and taking a few days after), but the PIN would be the difference between a value and a deluxe.

Yeah, I have been on the site non stop for 3 weeks saving new reservations and have not got anything yet. :confused3 How long are most people doing this for?

Yeah, I have been on the site non stop for 3 weeks saving new reservations and have not got anything yet. :confused3 How long are most people doing this for?

I feel your pain...I've got my fingers crossed each morning when I get up hoping that I'll get the email from Disney Destinations and NOTHING!!! I've only been saving and editing my "vacations" for 3 days...but some people on here only had to do it once and got their codes the next day.

We have been going to WDW since 1991 and never once received a pin code under my information. Around 11/15/09 I started a new account under my DH's information and his email address. Saved 5 vacation quotes with different resorts and dates. 1 week later we received two of the 20, 30 and 40% pin codes. One we used for next July at BLT.

I am sending some pixiedust: to all who are anxiously waiting for their pin codes.

OP a big CONGRATULATIONS

ThinkTink09 :welcome: to the DIS boards :wave: And congratulations on your getting your first pin :woohoo: Have fun planning your second trip to the World :yay:

I wondering....are the PINS only given away to those outside of Florida??? My account with Disney is set to our Florida address, but we also reside in Alabama. I wonder if I open an account for DH using the AL address if we can get a PIN?

Has anyone in Florida ever got a PIN?

Then my dilemma would be that they would need his ID, which has a FL driver's license. AND can you use a PIN on top of a Florida resident discount too???

What times of year did you put in? We'd like to go in May, but our dates are flexible since our daughter is just in pre-school. Do you think it's better to put in dates that match the pin or put in high season dates that don't match the pin (thinking they may try to encourage people to change their dates and come during the slower season)?

I put most of my saved offers for September and a few for April. The length of stay I chose varied from 7-10 days.

Yesterday I called the reservation line with a question. I wonder if that had anything to do with my luck??? Who knows. I started saving vacations about a week ago.

Don't lose hope all. I wasn't really expecting to get a pin...but it happened. Yours could be next!!!! :)

i got the pin messing around on the WDW site as well! im so stoked im saving about $200 on my stay at ASMu in September! :goodvibes

Ok, I've read through some other threads today and I did get an email. I am a Florida resident and on Dec. 17th I got an email for promotional rates at the resorts for select dates. I was not able to book it online, but when I called today I was able to get the promo! We are going Feb 8-11 and staying at the All Star Sports Resort. We have a 3 yr old and a 7 month old, so this economic hotel suites us perfectly! And my 3 year old loves sports, so he should be thrilled. Looks like we saved around 35% off. Our room is only $52 a night. We are only about 5.5 hours away from WDW in Florida, so we can do a 4 day stay and it is plenty of time for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter