Yes, they do have AP discount Easter week!

stephmarty

Spending my Kids' Inheritance on Disney
I read earlier this week that the AP discount was available, but others said they couldn't get the discounted quote on the AP site. Even when I called, the CM insisted that week was a blackout period. I asked Pierre to check it anyway, and the discount is available at several resorts.

My strategy is to buy one adult AP and regular tickets with Park Hopper for the rest of my family. I'll pay about $200 for tickets that week than I would have by buying the AP.

So the rates I was quoted, with the AP discount, for April 2-10 (8 nights) include room and the Plus dining plan (no tickets--I'll have to buy those separately). I booked the Polynesian for $3,538. Could have also gotten Beach Club for $3,414 or Bay Lake Tower studio room for $3,613. Nice discount for that week, when no other discounts seem to exist. BTW, this prices do not include trip insurance.

Any thoughts from all of you experienced WDW travelers?

Someone else I know got AP rates for Easter Week as well. Congrats!

Did you try to book / price out POR with AP and dining. I tried a few weeks ago and they could not add dining.

We are AP holders but our break falls after Easter week this year. I have still been keeping an eye on the discounts and I'm really happy for my fellow AP holders!! It's an awesome discount and gives me hope for the future that disney will offer us perks like this for buying the AP's.

Did you try to book / price out POR with AP and dining. I tried a few weeks ago and they could not add dining.

No, I didn't price POR. We were only willing to give up the deal we had at the Dolphin if we could get a good deal on a deluxe. I know I could get AP discount with dining at Poly, WL, BC and BLT. Those are the four I priced.

Do you have to book 5 days? We only have three nights before our cruise but could use a discount.

Hmm, I will ask our agent, but the sites I checked said blackout days for check in Mar 27 -Apr 10. We are there from April 5 - 8. Room only, no package. Poly. I was wishing for a discount, but seems unlikely.

Hmm, I will ask our agent, but the sites I checked said blackout days for check in Mar 27 -Apr 10. We are there from April 5 - 8. Room only, no package. Poly. I was wishing for a discount, but seems unlikely.

It's available on the AP website and by calling WDW. I have a room only at the Poly with the AP discount for almost the exact same days as yours.;)

E-mailed TA from work now... here's hoping I can get it.

Hope you can get it. It's been out for a while, so you may need to change room category if the one you booked is full. I had to go up one cat. but it still saved me lots of $$$.;)

I just checked on line and they do have AP discounts. We already have our room through another travel agency with better rates but the AP rates are pretty good. Especially on gardenview rooms.

Yeah - got it. Saved over $750 for a three night room only stay at the Poly! TA noted that earlier CMs had insisted there was a blackout for our dates, but she got a different one that was able to ge the correct AP code! Thanks to everyone who mentioned it, or I would not have thought to check again.

I just switched my AAA room only to the new AP rates that are out. My DD and I have 4 nights booked club level at BWI (March 31- April 4). I saved around $1,000 for those nights based on the AAA rate! I am thrilled so we booked the DDP too. I am so glad they added Easter to the discount now! If you have reservations call and see if you can change them over to your AP rate, you may save big too!

Yeah - got it. Saved over $750 for a three night room only stay at the Poly! TA noted that earlier CMs had insisted there was a blackout for our dates, but she got a different one that was able to ge the correct AP code! Thanks to everyone who mentioned it, or I would not have thought to check again.

:banana: Glad it worked for you (finally ;)) Sometimes you have to be persistent with the TA's. We saved alot of money over our AAA room-only rate -- Glad you could, too!!! It's bad enough to have to travel around Easter (hotels and restaurants are more expensive, crowds are super-high). It helps to get some sort of discount.:goodvibes

The CMs I spoke with were very insistent that Easter week was a blackout, so be persistent and just ask them to try and get it to go through. Both CMs I spoke with before booking could not believe it was "not getting kicked back." Looking at my reservation, it appears the code used is QME. :yay:

The CMs I spoke with were very insistent that Easter week was a blackout, so be persistent and just ask them to try and get it to go through. Both CMs I spoke with before booking could not believe it was "not getting kicked back." Looking at my reservation, it appears the code used is QME. :yay:

I was told it was blacked out as well. I was persistent but polite and asked the CM to please check carefully because I had heard the rooms were released that same day. Sure enough, the CM was surprised but able to find it.;)

It helped that by the time I got through all the long WDW phone mess, I had also pulled up the exact thing I wanted with the passholder discount applied on the WDW website... I told the CM that it was available there, with the discount, and he was eventually able to switch our reservations. If you have an AP, it's very easy to find the discount on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter