Yet another OKW question...

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
Which of the OKW (near HH bldgs) have the best views? I believe that category is bldgs. 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26. IF they are all within a close walk to HH (I'm assuming they are) do any have better views than others? OR, is there any other pros/cons of those bldgs that I should keep in mind.

I'm going with 2 little ones that LOVE the pool, community hall, and proximity to all that and restaurant/store is important to me. But I'd also like as close as possible to the boat dock to DTD and if I can squeeze a decent view in there as well...I'd be thrilled! (By decent view I mean NOT a highway or external street.) A water view or golf course view is obviously GREAT, but I'd be content with foliage as long as it's not highway or dumpsters :-)

I know...I know...they're all just "requests"... but I certainly have a better chance of getting what I want if I can narrow it down to a bldg.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows enough about OKW to help me!!:hippie:

Views at OKW do not include roads or dumpsters. You might get something that is hemmed in by vegetation, but the balconys all face away from service areas, so your view from the buildings you mention will be woods, pond and golf course in the lower numbered buildings (some in 14 could have a view of the entrance guard shack), or golf course/pond views in 23-26.

:woohoo:

Any other positives/negatives about those bldgs mentioned?

Just trying to be an informed guest:laughing: !! I feel if I know what to expect prior to vacationing, then I can't be let down no matter where they put me!:cool2:

I too am trying to search out the best location. Everyone seems to love the Turtle Pond area but it seems so far from the main buildings. How far would that walk be? Do you have to walk along the main road of OKW to get to the main buildings or are there bridges? I wanted a pretty water view for my mother and 43 seemed like it would have that plus be close to the TP pool and snack shack AND bus stop! It is also being renovated - a definite bonus! I'd love a bunch of OKW pictures! Is there one location for those? Thanks!!

We are fans of the SouthPoint area because it is quiet and has great access to a walking path to Saratoga/DTD. Even if you are as far away as imaginable from the HH, it is only about a 10 minute walk without really pushing yourself. Barring physical challenges or awful weather, I would think anyone primed for a Disney vacation could handle that. If not, then you just hop on a bus. The quiet pools are also great and I rarely have seen them get crowded...whereas sometimes the main pool is a little loud and rowdy.

After many stays at OKW as a DVC member, I am GRADUALLY letting go of my natural tendency to micro-manage and over request! Each location has its advantages and pitfalls and even the "best" location for some may not be ideal for me (and vice-versa).

Enjoy your visit!

I am a new owner at old key west we our staying there for the first time in July and then in December. They but my reservation near the HHouse. I was just wondering if those have been rehab like some of the other buldings have. I am new to Old Key West and I want to stay in the right spot. Thanks Tracy

I am a new owner at old key west we our staying there for the first time in July and then in December. They but my reservation near the HHouse. I was just wondering if those have been rehab like some of the other buldings have. I am new to Old Key West and I want to stay in the right spot. Thanks Tracy

As far as I'm concerned, most are equal as far as rehabbing goes. The schedule is usually about every 5 years or less for major stuff. There are a LOT of units at OKW, so your chance of getting a freshly rehabbed unit or one just ready to be done, is kind of a gamble, just as it is at ANY resort. In 11 years of stay at OKW multiple trips a year, we have only had one unit we thought was sub-par, and that one was taken out for rehab as we left. They were even barrackading the building as we left.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at OKW. We were in a 1BR in building 12. We had a view of the golf course off of our balcony. I liked building 12 in that it was a 2-story building. We had requested a "top floor" room and we received a 2nd floor unit. The nice thing about that was that we were still on the top floor, but we only had one flight of stairs to climb instead of two! We only had to walk across the parking lot to get to the HH, pool and boat dock. One tip (that I learned here)...when you return to OKW via bus, get off at the FIRST stop (Peninsular Road) if you are in buildings 11-14. You'll have to walk a little further than if you got off at HH (the LAST stop), but you'll still get back to your room sooner. Also, if you are in buildings 23-26 (and maybe even 27-29) and you just miss your departing bus, you can walk to the HH and the same bus will stop there on its way out of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter