Yet ANOTHER point question from the newest newbie on the block

fitzpat

Mouseketeer
Ok just when you thought it was safe to return to the "waters" of DVC- planning as there couldnt be anymore questions concerning points, in comes me (the newest newbie on the block) with a (possibly) redundant point question. Sorry.

I just closed this past month and made my first reservation for 2011 (score one for the newbie), but then I started thinking 2012 (cause I am greedy that way and want another vacation to plan). Anyway, after my vacation was planned for 2011 using the points from this year, I will carry over into 2012 45 points. My UY is February. Thus I will have (if my calculator is right), 205 points. Clearly not enough which is my problem.

My spouse and I would like to host my sister and her husband during spring break next year. Spring break for them is in March (thank goodness it's not Easter!).

The Newbie's question: If I call in April of 2011 for a vacation in March of 2012, with a UY of February, may I borrow from my 2013 points to get the vacation I actually want?

The newest newbie will now go to Goofy's corner and eat popcorn while waiting for a reply. Thank you all!!!

Hi there, as far as I know because I am fairly new also, since your UY February, and you want to go in March, yes you can borrow from 2013.

Yes, that is correct. Because your planned 2012 trip in in March and your UY starts in February then you will be using

45 points from your 2011 UY (be sure to bank them before the deadline)
160 points from your 2012 UY
and any remaining points would need to be borrowed from your 2013 UY.

And as long as you are booking at your home resort the reservation can be made 11 months in advance. If you are not staying at your home resort you need to wait until the 7-month mark to make the ressie.

<coughing on a bit of popcorn in my rush to respond> Thank you so much for the info! This really is confusing right now, hopefully I'll get the hang of it.:upsidedow

I know it can be really confusing :scared1: It took me a while to get it straight, especially because my UY starts in December. So even though I am taking at trip in April 2011, I am in my 2010 UY doesn't end November 30.

For me, I just choose to look at it like I'm "saving" up all of my points for this year to go on vacation the next year. I know it sounds crazy, but it was the only way for me to wrap my head around having a Dec UY. It also feels like I pay my dues each month that when December comes the points have all been paid for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter