Yet another point transfer question

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
I scanned the forum here briefly, but since I don't get over here much I'm sure I'm asking a repeat question. So, please help me out DVC experts!

I'd like to extend an upcoming vacation for November and don't have any points available for what I need. So, I figured I'd see if I could buy some points from somebody on the rent/transfer board.

My question now: I have my points at SSR. I need to get an additional 33 to 37 points from somebody so that I can add a Friday and Saturday night onto my current reservation. I'll have to borrow my additional future year points first.

How are transferred points allocated? I know that if the person's points are from another resort, I'll have to meet the timeframe probably for those points at that resort, but that's not a problem since I'm well within the 7-month window on this reservation.

Will DVC just take all points that I have, future and the points transferred and just make the reservation without any problem? It's not a problem if some of the transferred points are applying to one night, and the rest of the transferred points are applying to the second night, is it?

When they transfer in, they are your points. They are supposed to retain the same use year and resort, though. Make sure the nights are available before you make the transfer. Also, getting someone to transfer to you might be difficult. Everyone only has one transfer in or out a year. Finally, there is not supposed to be any compensation on transferred points.

SInce you are trying to add a Friday and Saturday night, have you considered booking those nights for cash via MS? There may even be a 25% member discount (off cash rac rates) available. It actually may be a better deal for you than transferring in points. As long as you book through MS, you won't have to change rooms or check out and back in again, even though some of your stay is paid for with cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter