Yet Another Waitlist Question

MickeyFan84

Mouseketeer
I think someone asked a similar question recently but I didn't see any answers.

Here's the scenario:
I have two nights reserved with 2007 points but I'm waitlisted for another resort for those nights. I'm getting ready to bank the rest of my 2007 points since my banking deadline is Monday. If the waitlist comes through after that will they cancel and reuse my 2007 points for the new reservation or will they borrow all the points from 2008 and THEN cancel the other reservation thus leaving me with 2007 points that can no longer be banked?

Since I'm within 30 days of my reservation the second scenario would also put those points in holding which I really want to avoid. :confused3

Sorry wrong thread.

I am not sure about this maybe someone that knows more about this can answer your questions

Here's the scenario:
I have two nights reserved with 2007 points but I'm waitlisted for another resort for those nights. I'm getting ready to bank the rest of my 2007 points since my banking deadline is Monday. If the waitlist comes through after that will they cancel and reuse my 2007 points for the new reservation or will they borrow all the points from 2008 and THEN cancel the other reservation thus leaving me with 2007 points that can no longer be banked?

Since I'm within 30 days of my reservation the second scenario would also put those points in holding which I really want to avoid. :confused3

Here's the scenario:

You need to tell them what you want done. Usually they will cancel and rebook. They will NOT bank or borrow points without your permission and direction. That could mean you miss out if your wait list comes through and you are not easily available.

Thanks, Dean. Apparently I didn't really understand how they handled this type of point exchange since it's never been an issue where I could lose points before.

I spoke with MS yesterday and was told that if a waitlist came through they would cancel the reservation currently in place, use those points for the new room, and borrow the additional points (as I had already authorized that).

Hope this helps someone else who might have the same situation. :)

Thanks, Dean. Apparently I didn't really understand how they handled this type of point exchange since it's never been an issue where I could lose points before.

I spoke with MS yesterday and was told that if a waitlist came through they would cancel the reservation currently in place, use those points for the new room, and borrow the additional points (as I had already authorized that).

Hope this helps someone else who might have the same situation. :)
Glad to help. It's sure nice to know the answers for certain, isn't it? It does remove a lot of stress for those of us who are compulsive planners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter