Yet Another Waitlist Question

FinallyBoughtDVC

<font color=blue>That reminds me of the first time
I currently have a studio at OKW booked for 9/24-9/27. We are waitlisted for a 1bd or a studio at either VWL, BCV, BWV or AKV.

So, my question is: what do you think my chances are of getting our waitlist request met at any of the other resorts? My daughter really wanted to be at the Epcot resorts or the VWL (it's her birthday trip). I know, no crystal ball, etc. I just have never waitlisted and have no idea what our chances are.

Second question - do they assign the waitlists throughout the day - or only in the morning or only at the end of the day? So, if I check on my dvc website, when will any potential change come through?

Thanks so much.

Have no idea on your waitlist chances, but good luck, hope it works out. There may be some cancellations (that will free up the dates you want) around 31-32 days prior to arrival. Anyone whose plans aren't firm by then will cancel to avoid having points go into holding. Since you've waitlisted the entire trip, be sure to tell MS that you want to stay on the waitlist until 7 days prior to arrival (if you do). At the 7 day mark, there are no more waitlists and if you still want the other resorts, you have to call periodically and hope to get lucky

The waitlists are worked on through out the day, so they might come through anytime. (The reservations info on the members' website is close to "real time"). That said, I think checking once a day is plenty, LOL.

Thanks Carol - you mean I have to stop obsessing and checking my member site 93284 times a day?!

LOL

Thanks so much about the 7 day tip. They told me it cancels out at 30 days.

Thanks Carol - you mean I have to stop obsessing and checking my member site 93284 times a day?!.....
Certainly not! You feel free to check away! Or you could just hang out here with the rest of the obsessed, LOL

I agree with CarolMN that most people who cancel should be doing so before the 30 day mark. However, I am now about to go on my 3rd DVC trip and yet again my waitlist came through at about 14 days. I've gotten BCV in late August (10 days), BCV in December 4 days, and now BWV in June (3 days to add onto the 5 I managed to get months ago).

Obviously I'm a fan of doing the waitlist to 7 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter