yet another waitlist question

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
Hi, we are thinking of trying for HH next summer and my DH has off the whole month of July. My question is, (we are trying for a two bedroom) If we can't get the first week and are waitlisted can we be put on the waitlist for the second week too if that is unavailable also & so on. We only have enough points to use for one week. so I guess my question is can I waitlist for more points then I have available or will they have to borrow the next UY first? I hope this doesn't sound to confusing. If we have to borrow them I will just try week by week. If my first week is WL and I get the second week will I have to wait for them to take me off the WL and then possibly lose the second week? Would you save the WL till you are sure you didn't get a room for any of the weeks. I'm really trying to understand this system but :confused3 Thanks for your help.

Maybe I'll ask another question. We want to go to HHI, Any week in July. (2bedroom) How does my phone call to MS work.... Should I try for the first week and keep going until I hit paydirt and if not waitlist the last week I have available or should I waitlist the first week and the try for the other weeks. I only have enough points for one week without borrowing. Do I have to borrow to waitlist each week and if I do, the borrowed points stay in this UY, correct? Thanks

Points are only borrowed when the reservation is obtained (not while waitlisting)
I'm sure MS will check every week for you when you call.
I am not sure if you are still allowed to waitlist for different weeks like that, though. The waitlist policy changed this year and you waitlist for the entire stay, no longer day by day. (i.e if you get Sun-Th, and wailtist for Fri and Sat, you wait until both Fri and Sat are available. Before you might get Sat as soon as it opened up...

So you want only want one week, but you are flexible about which week and you want to know if you can waitlist for more than one week at a time? And your worry is that since you only have enough points for one week, that you do not want to borrow to waitlist multiple weeks, right?

The first thing you need to know is that points (current, banked, or borrowed) are NOT used until a waitlist matches. You need to have the points available in some way to create the waitlist, but they are not used until the waitlist matches. So if you waitlisted all four weeks of July AND you specifically do not authorize them to borrow points on your behalf, the first waitlisted week that matches will automatically fill with current points. You should also put the provision on all the waitlists that you want the other waitlists cancelled if one is filled. However, I would still make sure this happens once you have your reservation.

Waitlisting multiple weeks in this way will work if you want the same "fixed" week (Sun-Sun, Mon-Mon, Tue-Tue, Wed-Wed, etc.) for any time in July. If you want any "floating" week (willing to take any 7 day consecutive period in July), this strategy may not work as well. If you want a "floating" week, then I would start after the 4th with a weekend (the 10th and 11th) since you are most likely to get those first and then try to add week nights around those nights. Using the waitlist may be a little tougher for a "floating" week, but I think if you start with a weekend and try to book around it you will probably get something that works for you.

Good luck!

Blahnde

Thanks you both for explaning it so well. I need to print this out and save it. LOL I'm glad they don't take the points out until the reservation is made. Makes it a lot easier to try for HHI:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter