Yet ANOTHER waitlist question!

LJERRY

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are staying at OKW in 20 days (LOVE my countdown calendar!!!), and we are waitlisted at the BW as well. I waitlisted all 4 nights, and I waitlised both categories. I called yesterday to see if I could change one of those wl to 2 nights, and see if we could split our stay, but the rep. to me "you don't want to do that, because then you drop to the bottom of the list, and you do not want to do that".
My question is, when you call ms to check on a waitlist (do you check on your waitlists?), can they see where you are on the list? Like, do they know if you are first on a list of 20 people? Not that it matters if nobody cancels their reservation, but I was just curious if this is something that you ask them or that they would even know?
I'm driving myself crazy now! I was really excited to try OKW, as we have never stayed there, but with every thread about BWV, I look at the pics, and am so envious of those staying at our favorite! We are BLT owners, by the way!

How they do the waitlist is an unsolved mystery. But the odds of it coming are very low. If someone is going to cancel they try to do it more than 31 days out to avoid points going into holding.

OKW is very nice. Wherever you stay your in WDW just enjoy!

Denise in MI

Whether they can see where you are or not, I don't know. I kind of doubt it. But I do know they say they can't tell you where you are on the list.

I have been told the same thing. The CM can't see where you are on the waitlist. However, if you make ANY change to your waitlist at all, then it is essentially a NEW waitlist and goes to the bottom of the list. At this late date, I wouldn't make any changes.

I have also been told by the CMs that they cannot view the waitlist. We love BWV, but really enjoy OKW too. The size of the rooms, the low points and the peaceful location are wonderful. You can always try BWV for your next trip. Enjoy your vacation!

If everyone checked in on Saturday for a seven night stay, it would be easy to see where you are on the waitlist. But if you are waitlisted for four nights, someone else for three nights starting two nights before you leave, someone else for seven nights starting four nights before you arrive, it makes it more difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter