• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Yikes!! CB-$109 in Oct, $149 in May-APH-Same Room Category

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
Wow! I stayed at Cabana Bay in a courtyard Poolside Family Suite in late October (weeknights during HHNs) and paid $109 a night with an APH rate.

I just booked CB for 4 nights in early May with an APH rate and the average price is about $149 a night for the same room type.

Please, please everyone, stop saying how awesome Cabana Bay is so we can get back to reasonable rates LOL.

In the grand scheme of things, 40 bucks isn't much but it DOES make a sole trip a bit more...questionable. And the Family suite rooms are absolutely fabulous and I wouldn't consider anything else!

Seriously though, any chance the APH rates will be reduced?

Im waiting and watching for AP rate for early May as well. Im currently booked offsite and dread having to drive in everyday but its a quick cheap trip so i cant do $150+ a night at CB plus parking. Fingers crossed for APH rates to come in nice and low SOON.

correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that APH rates are available yet for May, and you can only get SMSM rates at the moment....

correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that APH rates are available yet for May, and you can only get SMSM rates at the moment....

Tommy is correct!

I'm not sure. When I booked it said it was the Annual Passholder Rate. I just checked again and same thing. Weird. I'm going to keep checking every few days though. $150 bucks is no bargain!

Update: I just checked again for my dates and took out the promo code of APH. The average night price is $174. So, I guess the APH rates are out, they're just not very good!

Where are you booking? When I do a quick check via universalorlando.com and do a search for 4 days in early may, only SMSM and Seasonal rate comes up after I enter aph in the promo code area. No mention of APH rates come up anywhere.

I'm looking at the Universal site @TommyJK. Let me look again.

Okay I followed your link @TommyJK and it took me here: https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UECBB&checkin=05/09/2017&rooms=1&checkout=05/13/2017&sr=p&code=APH&iata=&x=57&y=20&na=2&nk=0

Yep, says it's an AP rate of an average of 147.75 per night.

I'm a FL resident, too but using the code FLO gives me the same rates as APH.

Update: I looked into the Passholder only area of the site and it says AP rates are available from 1/2/17-2/16/17. So something is out of whack!

Last edited:
Odd..... And that is cheaper than the SMSM rate for those dates. I'm thinking it will come down closer to May (I'd check back stating in March).

I'm not sure. When I booked it said it was the Annual Passholder Rate. I just checked again and same thing. Weird. I'm going to keep checking every few days though. $150 bucks is no bargain!

Update: I just checked again for my dates and took out the promo code of APH. The average night price is $174. So, I guess the APH rates are out, they're just not very good!
Just saw more dates were released

Saw a few posts about it and went to check the booking site

If rooms don't fill, rates for some rooms could drop

It is harder to fill the more expensive rooms so you will see some decent discounts in them

Standard no view rooms always book UO first

Are you including tax? When I follow your link, it says average rate of $127.75 and that is for poolside. Looks like AP rates are only for poolside right now.

I also see 2 bedroom suites at CB.....when did those get added?
2 Bedroom Suite
With a view of Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park and the nightly volcano show, these spacious 772 square-foot two-bedroom suites are the ideal space in which to spread out and unwind after a day in the parks. Offering two full bathrooms, a living room with a full-size pull-out sofa, kitchenette, two full beds in one bedroom, a queen sized bed in the other, and sleeps up to eight people comfortably.

Are you including tax? When I follow your link, it says average rate of $127.75 and that is for poolside. Looks like AP rates are only for poolside right now.

I also see 2 bedroom suites at CB.....when did those get added?
2 Bedroom Suite
With a view of Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park and the nightly volcano show, these spacious 772 square-foot two-bedroom suites are the ideal space in which to spread out and unwind after a day in the parks. Offering two full bathrooms, a living room with a full-size pull-out sofa, kitchenette, two full beds in one bedroom, a queen sized bed in the other, and sleeps up to eight people comfortably.

The $127.75 average is for a Poolside/Volcano room. I booked a Courtyard Family Suite Poolside for an average of $147.75. Those prices are without tax and the $127.75 is the starting point for the different room categories. I want the extra room in the suite.

I think I read about the 2 bedrooms suites about 6 weeks ago. I think they'll be in the new building near the Lazy River and Volcano Bay.

The $127.75 average is for a Poolside/Volcano room. I booked a Courtyard Family Suite Poolside for an average of $147.75. Those prices are without tax and the $127.75 is the starting point for the different room categories. I want the extra room in the suite.

I think I read about the 2 bedrooms suites about 6 weeks ago. I think they'll be in the new building near the Lazy River and Volcano Bay.

We really enjoyed the suite.

We really enjoyed the suite.

The suites are the best, @damo! I've stayed at many nice resorts in my travels but there's just something about Cabana Bay I just love. The fun vibe, great room layout, awesome pools. And you can't beat the price!

Just saw more dates were released

Saw a few posts about it and went to check the booking site

If rooms don't fill, rates for some rooms could drop

It is harder to fill the more expensive rooms so you will see some decent discounts in them

Standard no view rooms always book UO first

Just booked APH Cabana Bay Standard room @104/night for 4 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter