Yikes! I called for the 1st time!!!

ANTSS2001

<font color=deeppink>Talented Poet<br><font color=
And everything is booked :crowded: already for the 1st week of January!!! I was able to get studio at SSR for Jan. 2nd and 3rd :headache: but on wait list for the :worried: 4th and 5th! Now I understand the 11 month and 7 month period :earseek:

Any other tricks that I need to know ???

You will also want to book dinner plans early. With the DDP it is difficult to get a 'good' time for dinner, lunch is still fairly easy. Good luck with the wait list.

So much for the SSR will always be available on short notice theory :goodvibes

Here's some extra Pixie Dust for your waitlist. :wizard: pixiedust:

The first week of January is not only still Holiday Time (my kids go back to school on the 8th) it is also leading into the Marathon, which if you look at the top of the Dis is completely booked and the registration is closed.

I am on the waitlist for SSR that week also and have been since the 10 month window, so it is a very busy time still.

I've heard from a few runners that they tried to get reservations for any WDW resort for marathon weekend (Jan 5-7) and they are having difficulty finding anything available.

wow-well, I think that week with the marathon and all. we will be there NYE -Jan8th and the beginning and end of the week are definately the busiest. We have gone for the p[ast two years at this time and it is busythose certain dates.

We frequently go that first week too, and I think as others have said, that many schools will have that first week off this year because of how the holidays fall. The marathon always draws lots of folks too, so I'm not surprised it would be that busy. This really is quite late in the booking window to try for that anyway. You are within the 60 day mark, so any rooms that were not booked by DVC could have been surrendered to CRO already.

LIFERBABE said:
So much for the SSR will always be available on short notice theory :goodvibes

Here's some extra Pixie Dust for your waitlist. :wizard: pixiedust:
Thank you for the :goodvibes And I already tried to book The week of April 15th and again the only thing available for studio and or 1 bedroom was SSR and OKW so I took SSR again because of the BBQ grill ( sounds crazy I know, it's my family excuse us :love: ) Since they can't tell me if OKW has one :rolleyes1

dianeschlicht said:
You are within the 60 day mark.

:( only joined DVC last week, everytrhing got finalized last Friday and got all paper works mailed this past Monday.

Welcome home, ANTSS2001!

All the "tricks" get much easier with time. We have been members almost 2 years and I'm still learning things! It is a great way to do Disney and good luck with your wait list! :)

I think the real trick is to reserve as soon as you can - more and more members are booking at the 11 and 7 month windows. IMHO, the days of getting short notice reservations are pretty much gone. It still happens, but not nearly as often as some are used to - you really need to be flexible with dates, resort and unit size to get last minute reservations.

ANTSS2001 said:
Thank you for the :goodvibes And I already tried to book The week of April 15th and again the only thing available for studio and or 1 bedroom was SSR and OKW so I took SSR again because of the BBQ grill ( sounds crazy I know, it's my family excuse us :love: ) Since they can't tell me if OKW has one :rolleyes1

OKW does have them.

We've got next June reserved and are talking about Jan 08. That's how most DVC members look at their DVC vacations. You are planning years ahead in some cases.

Sammie said:
OKW does have them.

hmmm now this really might change everything :goodvibes: If I get OKW I would be able to save some point for a longer trip in Sept. Thank you for this info! If you ever see someone BBQ'ing in a lime green apron! That wOuld be me, don't hesitate to come over there's plenty for everybody :wizard: just BYOB !!! :rotfl:

ANTSS2001 said:
hmmm now this really might change everything :goodvibes: If I get OKW I would be able to save some point for a longer trip in Sept. Thank you for this info! If you ever see someone BBQ'ing in a lime green apron! That wOuld be me, don't hesitate to come over there's plenty for everybody :wizard: just BYOB !!! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

We love to BBQ on vacation too!! Just dont ask me to camp! :rotfl:

Yes, OKW does have grills, there is one by the main pool by the big deck, if I recall correctly. Not sure where the others are.

SSR we really enjoy, because they have BBQ pavilions. Covered picnic tables and grill areas with lights and ceiling fans and gorgeous views.

Is BYOB "Bring your own Bowl? :teeth:

OKW Turtle Pond Pool area:
okw36.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter