Yikes!

suncup1225

Mouseketeer
Was looking to book a stay October 5-9...I know that I am late in the game..the trip was just decided upon today...BUT they checked literally EVERY Vacation club hotel and the only thing available was Saratoga Springs...I am shocked...guess we are going at a busy time of year. Any hints on Saratoga Springs.

That's Food & Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, plus there is a half marathon during that time. You should have booked that seven months out.

That said, SSR is a great resort.

In addition to what Deb & Bill posted, you are traveling over Columbus Day weekend and I'm not surprised at all to hear DVC resorts are pretty well booked

Many of the Southern schools have that entire week off for a fall break and nearly all the rest have that Monday as a school Holiday.

Waitlist if you haven't already and hope for the best.

Be sure to check out the brand new feature pool at SSR - it opens in July.

Good luck!

SSR is a great resort. We own there and have stayed there several times, including this past Easter. It's very peaceful.

We like:
Parking close to your room/building
Community Hall
Being close to Downtown Disney (you can walk or take the boat)
High Rock Springs Pool

There will be a new pool open by the time you go as well, as well as a quick service dining location at the pool.

Make the reservation for SSR and waitlist another resort if you want. SSR is great. I know that many people look down on it, but it is great. If waitlist doesn't come through, make a room preference by the Grandstand area by the High Rocks Pool. The other would be to go for the Paddock and be by the new pool. If you like DTD go for congress park.

We really enjoyed SSR. Each resort has it's own benefits, and we look forward to visiting all of them, but there is nothing wrong with SSR. It is nice to have a large resort that does allow availability for tight times like these. Good Luck. I'm sure that it'll work out.

There is nothing at all wrong with Saratoga Springs. We actually prefer it for our most relaxed trips. If you are the impatient type you might want a car, but then you have to hassle with parking.

The Turf Club is the hidden gem of Disney dining, IMHO.

Thanks everyone! I guess I am just nervous to stay at another resort...we are used to being linked right to the monorail (I know very spoiled :rotfl2:) but you all gave good reviews so we are willing to try!!! I love these boards...everyone is so helpful and have a nice way to pick you up when your down!!! :thumbsup2

Count us in as last minute planners this time around... my girlfriend and I decided to sneak a trip in for the Food & Wine Festival (a first for us). When we called last week to make reservations for Oct 1-6, the night of Oct 1 was not available anywhere on property. I waitlisted. Meanwhile, I called every day until Monday... when I finally snagged a room for the first night at AKV (Kidani). I would prefer not to move, so I'm still waitlisted... but at least we have a room now! I prefer BCV, as it's my first love... and one of our home resorts, but I knew that was a long shot. I've stayed at SSR and it's really nice as well. Just makes me look foward to our next trip home, with the family.

SSRS is my home resort. We have stayed there twice, once with kids and once without. I remember it to be very relaxing and quiet. We usually get the AAA diamond parking pass and drive everywhere, so it was no big deal to us.

Not sure why, buy my favorite memory there is curling up on the chairs by the pool, the boy in my lap and our daughter in my husband's lap, watching Wall-E at night.

I've always wanted to stay at BWV or BCV during F&WF, but have never been able to get it. I would not hesitate about staying at SSRS.

Count us in as last minute planners this time around... my girlfriend and I decided to sneak a trip in for the Food & Wine Festival (a first for us). When we called last week to make reservations for Oct 1-6, the night of Oct 1 was not available anywhere on property. I waitlisted. Meanwhile, I called every day until Monday... when I finally snagged a room for the first night at AKV (Kidani). I would prefer not to move, so I'm still waitlisted... but at least we have a room now! I prefer BCV, as it's my first love... and one of our home resorts, but I knew that was a long shot. I've stayed at SSR and it's really nice as well. Just makes me look foward to our next trip home, with the family.

We were waitlisted for three non-consecutive nights at AK one year, ALL of them came through well in advance of our October trip.

We've only stayed at SSR once since we like trying different resorts, but it was one of my favorites. Different than the others, but there was something about it that really appealed to me and my family. If you end up there, you won't be dissappointed. Make sure you try out the Turf Club restaurant. We were very pleasantly surprised at how much we liked it.

SSR is a great resort. We only stayed there once back in 2005 while it was still under construction and didn't have the restaurants complete, the full resorts ammenities, etc. We loved the walk across the bridge to DTD. Now that it's a complete resort with restaurants and soon a new pool, not to mention the treehouses (which is really an ownership perk more than a reservation perk).

We haven't gone back only because typically OKW has been available also, and for fewer points we'll stay at OKW. Otherwise we think SSR is a nice resort.

If we can't get our home resort(s), we'll stay there happily.

We are dealing with the same thing. We booked late because we just became owners through the re-sale market, so, I of course couldn't get our Guide to help us out. Anyway, we booked a 1 bedroom at SSR. We wanted a studio anywhere. We have waitlists out, etc. We now have a studio at AKL for the last 5 of our 8 days. We are very happy about this. I am not excited about moving, but, I'll do it if the other three days don't come through. I have been calling basically everyday and crossing fingers. If the other 3 days don't come through, then I'll be excited to try the resort. (I am just wanting to be a point miser and save as many points as possible.)

We will be there at the same time! Maybe we will run into each other! We will be the family with the huge double stroller, orange, and three girls!

We are dealing with the same thing. We booked late because we just became owners through the re-sale market, so, I of course couldn't get our Guide to help us out. Anyway, we booked a 1 bedroom at SSR. We wanted a studio anywhere. We have waitlists out, etc. We now have a studio at AKL for the last 5 of our 8 days. We are very happy about this. I am not excited about moving, but, I'll do it if the other three days don't come through. I have been calling basically everyday and crossing fingers. If the other 3 days don't come through, then I'll be excited to try the resort. (I am just wanting to be a point miser and save as many points as possible.)

We will be there at the same time! Maybe we will run into each other! We will be the family with the huge double stroller, orange, and three girls!

This experience illustrates for you how important it is to plan well ahead now that you are DVC owners! I know you had no choice this time around but now you know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter