Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Wow! That looks like a really awesome brunch! I feel like I need that in my future. The French toast looks fabulous. Mike is a huge biscuit fan, so Maybe I can tempt him with some biscuits.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Post #5 just for me :P

Funny that I didn't even know the name of the Amy Childs show, yet felt compelled to share my intimate knowledge of Essex :P Could I be anymore of a clueless American. Though funny you've never seen it and I on a week trip to London seemed to find it not just one night, but every night.

And for the record for everyone else they do not have "Hollywood" veneers, but I think I detected a bit of a spray tan :-)

Seriously though, we really can't even begin to thank you all enough. You totally made our trip, to the point that Casey is still talking about it. Just this weekend she told my inlaws about it and how we are "famous" at Disney. You two were so kind and we sincerely appreciate it.

And now that you are out of hiding, please stay that way. I'd love to keep talking food and drink with my favorite UK peeps :drinking1

Of course Casey is correct you are "famous"....the funniest thing is my son who is 8 also asked if you were famous! :cool2:

As for the spray tan you detected, I think is was more my liver trying to metabolize the food and drink of 2 weeks on the deluxe DDP and making me look a little orange! - I will hide no longer and drop in to say hi

You are so wrong, yet so right, and this is why we get along so well.

And you will not believe this, but you captured Emma and Nicky completely. Its like @Ejb123 posed for the picture directly because this could very well me them. Just need to amplify the spray tan a bit :-)
It as though we're twins separated at birth..... I am however at least 5- 10 years older, 10lb (cough) heavier and 10cm shorter, but I do have the same dress for when I'm at the magic kingdom

Hey Kari! Happy New Year!!! Loving your report! Too funny though, I think we could be sisters. My next installment on my DR is about my husband, Harry, running the 1/2 marathon, and then us going to the Sunday Brunch at the Contemporary, and meeting a DISer there! Of course, our meeting was planned, and not spontaneous like yours. How amazing that you were pixie dusted like that! Harry didn't run the Wine & Dine half this year, as we had trips planned in September & then December, so had to skip it, but he is running the Stars Wars Dark Side half in April, and I have the brunch booked again afterwards! Can't wait! I, too, waved goodbye from the bed as he trekked out the door at 3am, lol! Did you get a chance to check out Geyser Point? It is one of our new favorites! Here's a pic of Harry, my son & my son-in-law chilling with drinks on our most recent trip in December. You need to go if you haven't yet!

enhance

Can't forget the awesome view from Geyser Point Bar & Grill!
enhance

The next morning Jason was up at 3am AGAIN for the Wine & Dine 10K.
Bless him, but PASS!

She ended up doing this just about every day and proclaiming she loved pole dancing. We got more than a few looks from other parents.
:rotfl2:

Casey's dress?! Your shirt?! AMAZING :thumbsup2 But don't even get me started with the painful sight in the background :(

Casey loves to watch all the old movie trailers and clips and who doesn't want to eat in the dark?
I do, too! And eating-in-the-dark is awesome, too. And much less shameful when you see what I usually order here :laughing:

First off Happy New Year to everyone!
And to you! :goodvibes

Adorable :goodvibes

Here we were at the meal we knew was our massive splurge of the trip and someone was offering to pay. We couldn't believe it.
What?! What a lovely story, and what a lovely duo you encountered :goodvibes

Getting back to the meal, we had no room for dessert so it was packed up to go.
This box looks like pure heaven to me. :cloud9:

I've gotta earn my keep around here SOMEHOW :rotfl:
Just keep eating and drinking and your keep is solidified :drinking1

Wow! That looks like a really awesome brunch! I feel like I need that in my future. The French toast looks fabulous. Mike is a huge biscuit fan, so Maybe I can tempt him with some biscuits.
Everything was amazing, so tempt Mike with the biscuits but there is no chance he leaves there disappointed.

Of course Casey is correct you are "famous"....the funniest thing is my son who is 8 also asked if you were famous! :cool2:

As for the spray tan you detected, I think is was more my liver trying to metabolize the food and drink of 2 weeks on the deluxe DDP and making me look a little orange! - I will hide no longer and drop in to say hi
I shared with Casey that your son asked if she was famous too, which of course just solidified celebrity status in her brain.

If you turned orange during your trip, god only knows what color my liver would turn me :P Glad to hear you're gonna come out of hiding!

It as though we're twins separated at birth..... I am however at least 5- 10 years older, 10lb (cough) heavier and 10cm shorter, but I do have the same dress for when I'm at the magic kingdom
I knew I recognized that dress. Twins, pure twins!

My next installment on my DR is about my husband, Harry, running the 1/2 marathon, and then us going to the Sunday Brunch at the Contemporary, and meeting a DISer there! Of course, our meeting was planned, and not spontaneous like yours. How amazing that you were pixie dusted like that!
That is way too funny!!! It sounds like a half, brunch, and a DIS meet is the thing to do.

he is running the Stars Wars Dark Side half in April, and I have the brunch booked again afterwards! Can't wait! I, too, waved goodbye from the bed as he trekked out the door at 3am, lol!
Hope he enjoys it. Jason did the dark side its first year and really enjoyed it (except the 3am alarm of course)

Did you get a chance to check out Geyser Point? It is one of our new favorites! Here's a pic of Harry, my son & my son-in-law chilling with drinks on our most recent trip in December. You need to go if you haven't yet!
No, but i want to and your pictures make me want to do it even more so. We almost went on our last trip, but we didn't know how busy it was and we were looking for a meal so we ended up at Whispering Canyon instead.

Casey's dress?! Your shirt?! AMAZING :thumbsup2 But don't even get me started with the painful sight in the background :(
It was a dress, but she outgrew it so now its a shirt. :-) She loves it and wears it to school often.

I do, too! And eating-in-the-dark is awesome, too. And much less shameful when you see what I usually order here :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

What?! What a lovely story, and what a lovely duo you encountered :goodvibes
They are pretty darn awesome!

I'm not typically a mimosa fan as neither orange juice nor champagne are my favorites, but these beauties were bottomless so you know I downed about 10 during the course of our two and a half hour meal. :drinking1
Mimosas are delicious but I think I would need a very long nap if I had 10! I have to commend you for your drinking prowess!

Thankfully my expensive entree did not disappoint. The hollandaise was rich and creamy and the lobster and poached eggs perfectly cooked. It paired nicely with the honey ham, which added a nice sweetness. My only sight complaint was it could have used more lobster as there wasn't enough to get some with every bite.
I would love the eggs benedict but without the lobster. Yes, I am one of those who grew up on the east coast of Canada but can't stand lobster. I know.......

Now for the Dismeet I know you've been just dying to hear about.
WOW!!!!!!

Our server eventually took care of everything and we profusely thanked Emma and Nicki. This was pixie dust like I'd never experienced and the highlight of our trip. They are apparently only lurkers on here and wouldn't tell me their user name nor let me take a picture, so you'll have to take my word for it that it happened. I'm hoping this post will at least convince them to say a quick hello so I can again thank them for making our trip!
This is such an amazing story! I had to go back and read through again to make sure I was reading it right. How special and lovely to be treated like this. Pixie dust indeed!

Last edited:

Mimosas are delicious but I think I would need a very long nap if I had 10! I have to commend you for your drinking prowess!
Why thank you. I've been practicing for years and my mother is unquestionably proud of my "talents" :drinking1

I would love the eggs benedict but without the lobster. Yes, I am one those who grew up on the east coast of Canada but can't stand lobster. I know.......
Blasphemy, I can't believe it! Someone revoke her citizenship :P Oddly lobster is the one thing I couldn't stomach when I was pregnant. I took me years to get over it, but I'm firmly back in the lobster camp now

This is such an amazing story! I had to go back and read through again to make sure I was reading it right. How special and lovely to be treated like this. Pixie dust indeed!
It truly was special. Still reeling from the great experience!

Livin' Like a Nomad

After the worlds greatest brunch we headed to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the day. On the way in Casey indulged in one of her favorite Disney activities, getting a hair wrap.
IMG_4429.jpg

From there we got to explore Pandora for the first time. I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house), but as everyone who has been there now knows they did an amazing job. I was blown away by the details and authenticity and while I could care less about the movie, you really do feel transported to somewhere else.
IMG_4432.jpg
On this trip we got to do the Navi River ride. While short I found it beautiful, but if they have the technology to do the amazingly lifelike woman at the end, then why only do 1. A few more may have made it more enjoyable.

We eventually made our way out of James Cameron land and hung
with a couple of bugs, a few dinosaurs, and dug up some bones before finally finding me some much needed tipsy sustenance.
IMG_4435.jpg
After coming down from my mimosa high a margarita was in order. This was a Triple Yeti Blast (A Layer of Mango, Lime, and Strawberry Margaritas) from Warung Outpost. Despite not being a frozen drink fan in general this was packed with tequila (albeit it cheap tasting) so I was a happy girl.

We eventually made our way over to Dinoland where Casey wanted to ride the Dumbo Dinosaur ride (I'm sure it has a name, but I have no idea what it is). As we got on the ride it started to drizzle out of nowhere, no big deal, but it wasn't long before the flood gates opened with all their might. Here is our after effect.
IMG_0107.jpg
Aren't we pitiful? We ended up hopping in line to meet Goofy and Pluto to escape the rain and a drenched Casey put on her best dry girl face.
IMG_0111.jpg

You'd never know it by the look of us but the rain passed quickly and we were able to use our Expedition Everest fast pass. While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was! We had FP's for later in the week, but we
were stoked to get a preview

We had about an hour before the FP window so we decided to warm up in my favorite Disney bar: Nomad's lounge. Because we were freezing I skipped my usual cold liquor drinks and went for a nice glass of red wine.
IMG_0115.jpg
This was some kind of Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon that hit the proverbial spot.

Speaking of spots Casey ordered a peppermint hot tea and Jason went for the Mustang Coffee, which is Crown Royal, Brown Sugar, and Butter with hot Coffee.
IMG_0114.jpg
I'm not a fan of this, as I prefer my drinks sans butter, but he loved it.

We were still pretty full from brunch, but decided to get a few appetizers to help ensure we stayed that way. First up we have the House-smoked kobe-style beef brisket poutine with Steak Fries, House-made Mozzarella, and Gravy.
IMG_0118.jpg
Don't worry this wasn't as radioactive as my horrible picture would lead you to believe. These were very good and the brisket was very tender, so much so that it tasted more like a short rib. The fries were simultaneously crispy on the outside and airy on the inside, but because I'm me and gotta complain about something, this portion was really small as
were all the accompaniments. For $12 it could have used double of everything.

We also ordered the Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings.
IMG_0116.jpg
I'd like to tell you these were good, but this happened...
IMG_0119.jpg
This sweet, innocent child of mine ate all the dang chicken wings! So per my budding food reporter: These are "perfect" and she loved the crispy chicken skin (she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else). I did get to try the pickled veggies it came with which reminded me of kimchi.

We eventually made our way back into Pandora, which was even more amazing at night. As everyone who has ridden it knows, Flight of Passage defies even the skeptics and is the best ride I've ever ridden. Soarin on steroids is how we summed it up.

After 3 straight days of early mornings, a 10K, and a half marathon Jason was pretty done at this point so we headed out. Unfortunately we had a 40 minute wait for a bus, but we eventually made it back to the room where we devoured our CG brunch desserts, despite them being largely crumbs, after rolling around in our backpacks all day.

Up next...we get our Commonwealth on

Jason was a trooper to keep going on all day from the half marathon all the way to the end! I would have needed a nap.

Looks like a good afternoon at Animal Kingdom! Not shocked you needed another adult beverage after all those mimosas though ;).

Nomad's is tasty! Not shocked your daughter ate all the wings! I had those in July and was happy.

I'm with you on the butter trend in coffee. No need there!

I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house

:rotfl:

On this trip we got to do the Navi River ride. While short I found it beautiful, but if they have the technology to do the amazingly lifelike woman at the end, then why only do 1. A few more may have made it more enjoyable.

I agree!! I'm sure it's expensive and takes a lot of work to produce an animatronic like that, but Pandora is drawing huge crowds, and it's not like Disney can't afford it or anything. Maybe that would have helped to give the ride a bit of a story, too. I think that's kind of what's missing for me. I liked it, and it's beautiful...but that's kind of it.

As we got on the ride it started to drizzle out of nowhere, no big deal, but it wasn't long before the flood gates opened with all their might. Here is our after effect.
img_0107-jpg.294754

Oh no! You poor drowned girls!

While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was! We had FP's for later in the week, but we were stoked to get a preview

No way! What great luck! This actually happened to Nathan's aunt and their family when they were there, and they were shocked. I guess people are cancelling all the time. Very cool!

Casey ordered a peppermint hot tea

I love this kid.

she loved the crispy chicken skin (she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else)

Again, love her. (I would SO do that.)

After 3 straight days of early mornings, a 10K, and a half marathon Jason was pretty done at this point so we headed out.

I can imagine! I'm shocked he made it that long! We only had one early morning and we only ran 5K, and I was ready for a nap as soon as we were done. We didn't make it back to a park till supper that night. Jason's a champ!

Those wings look amazing. We might need to go to AK just for them on the next trip.

I love the Dances with wolves with aliens analogy sums it up perfectly:rotfl:The only thing I enjoyed about that movie was the cute lead actor, lol!

Casey and you look so cute all wet!

I have heard great things about the poutine appetizer at the Nomad lounge. We really have to try more of the lounges always good reviews.

FoP is an awesome ride, we have scored 3 FP+ for our February trip, yay!

I’m also no fan of the movie and don’t really get the whole craze of buying your own banshee to sit on your shoulder but agree the land overall and Flight of Passage,specifically, are spectacular - and I haven’t even seen it at night! Oh no to getting rained on. You do look a little pitiful (but cute) so thank goodness Nomad Lounge could save the day. I’ve only been once but absolutely loved it. Somehow I missed the poutine on the menu - that looks great. Can’t blame Jason one bit for being ready to catch some zzz’s!

Looks like a fun day minus getting drenched! You too are troopers for sure! I’ve never seen Avatar....oops, but pandora is incredible. Darn, that poutine reminds me I wanted to try it and see how BFF from Toronto thought it compares! Next time!

(its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house)
That's offensive to Dances with Wolves :laughing:

We were still pretty full from brunch, but decided to get a few appetizers to help ensure we stayed that way. First up we have the House-smoked kobe-style beef brisket poutine with Steak Fries, House-made Mozzarella, and Gravy.
img_0118-jpg.294757

Don't worry this wasn't as radioactive as my horrible picture would lead you to believe. These were very good and the brisket was very tender, so much so that it tasted more like a short rib. The fries were simultaneously crispy on the outside and airy on the inside, but because I'm me and gotta complain about something, this portion was really small as
were all the accompaniments. For $12 it could have used double of everything.
I've heard good things about these but you're right they are a small portion.

she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else
A girl after my own heart! That's the sole reason I get rotisserie chickens.

I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house), but as everyone who has been there now knows they did an amazing job. I was blown away by the details and authenticity and while I could care less about the movie, you really do feel transported to somewhere else.

That's how I felt too. I didn't see the movie till shortly before we went and I wasn't that impressed before or after I saw it. But I do really love what they did with it.

James Cameron land

:rotfl:

I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was!

What great luck!

The fries were simultaneously crispy on the outside and airy on the inside

Ooo sounds delicious.

This sweet, innocent child of mine ate all the dang chicken wings!

:rotfl2:

I am still here! But i have taken to reading trip reports on my train ride to work, which makes replies much harder!

The BRUNCH! ummm i am adding this to my list of must does, when i will fit it in, who know but boy did that look good!

What a great story for that meet! I am kind of jealous!

Seems like a good day at Animal Kingdom and not going to lie Jason seems to be a trooper, i am shocked he made it this long with out passing out from exhaustion, i die after a 5k, let alone 3 days of running at 3am...

On the way in Casey indulged in one of her favorite Disney activities, getting a hair wrap.
Hmm..my girls have never done this. Might be something to try one day.

From there we got to explore Pandora for the first time. I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house), but as everyone who has been there now knows they did an amazing job.
I was very blah about the movie, I didn't love it, didn't hate it. DW was not a fan. But most reports I've heard are like yours, that James Cameron land :-)rotfl2:) is impressive. One of these days I'll see it...

After coming down from my mimosa high a margarita was in order. This was a Triple Yeti Blast (A Layer of Mango, Lime, and Strawberry Margaritas) from Warung Outpost. Despite not being a frozen drink fan in general this was packed with tequila (albeit it cheap tasting) so I was a happy girl.
Looks good. And there's nothing wrong with being a cheap drunk from time to time.

Jason went for the Mustang Coffee, which is Crown Royal, Brown Sugar, and Butter with hot Coffee.
Hmmm...interesting...although I am not a fan of coffee, I do enjoy everything else on that list.

First up we have the House-smoked kobe-style beef brisket poutine with Steak Fries, House-made Mozzarella, and Gravy.
Yep, I'd get that! It's great that our Canadian poutine seems to have invaded all the menus lately. Definitely a treat to only enjoy once in a while though.

Oh Kari, those apps at Nomad's Lounge look delicious, as do the drinks! Speaking of alcohol, your margarita looks great too!!!! I find it adorable that Casey ordered peppermint tea!!!
Joe and Tim will be back at WDW in 12 days (while I'll be shivering in the cold, snowy, Illinois weather)...>:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!