Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house)

Coming out of lurkdom because this made me laugh my rear end off. There have been only a handful of movies that I have actually hated...Avatar and Dances with Wolves are on that short list! (Along with Green Card which I walked out of and Planes that DS and I walked out of!) I'm now fully convinced that you are either my long-lost sister or perhaps my spirit animal.

Also, we are heading back to WDW in August and I may or may not be making a list of drinks to try based on all your trip reports.

On the way in Casey indulged in one of her favorite Disney activities, getting a hair wrap

I loved doing this as a kid!

I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was!

LUCKY!

House-smoked kobe-style beef brisket poutine with Steak Fries, House-made Mozzarella, and Gravy.

That looks really good! Enjoying your reviews so far :)

she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else

My kids love it, too. They call them "chicken chips" and are very concerned that I start the dry brine the day before cooking to ensure that the skin crisps properly! The little dictators.

I have to say, it's lovely of you all to do dining reconnaissance for my upcoming trip! I'm really looking forward to stopping in at Nomad's with my cousin. What apps are your favorite?

Edit: I forgot to give a shout-out to The Daily Poutine in DS. The bowls don't seem large but the 5 of us were full after splitting two. Their seasonal offerings are the way to go, in my opinion. We had the traditional (it was fine) and the seasonal "cheeseburger", which was superb!

That sounds like an awesome idea to me. Even better how about we come along too :-) :drinking1 Days of eating, swimming, and drinking all day sounds perfect to me!
What a fun trip that would be! :)

I started looking into this, and saw CA Grill Brunch had a reservation open Memorial Day weekend and thought, hmmm... Started pricing it out, snagged the ADR, booked a room at Pop... and then I realized my cousin is getting married that weekend. Drat!
Mustang Coffee, which is Crown Royal, Brown Sugar, and Butter with hot Coffee.
That weird coffee with butter... :crazy2:
First up we have the House-smoked kobe-style beef brisket poutine with Steak Fries, House-made Mozzarella, and Gravy.
Yum.

Thank you! I was so pleased to see one of my favorite reviewers when I was checking out the board for inspiration for my semi solo trip in March. I have my adult son and hubby for half and then hubby is at a conf and I am solo for the last three days. We always think of you when we grab a cream cheese pretzel and ride the People Mover and have a “pretzel on the pooper” that’s to you. You’ve become stuck in our vernacular.

And I just booked Bruch at the California Grill for hubby and myself on the Sunday we have to leave our WDW accommodations for the Gaylord for his conference. I am excited for a new experience especially after reading your review! And fortunately he can expense it since it’s the first day of his career nferebxe! Bonus on the boondoggle! Thanks so much!

Jason was a trooper to keep going on all day from the half marathon all the way to the end! I would have needed a nap.
I don't know how he does it. He insists walking around is ultimately good for him, but I know all I'd wanna do is head to bead!

Looks like a good afternoon at Animal Kingdom! Not shocked you needed another adult beverage after all those mimosas though ;).

Nomad's is tasty! Not shocked your daughter ate all the wings! I had those in July and was happy.
Yes, alcohol always begets more alcohol :drinking1

Glad you at least got to try the wings. I hear they were good :P

I agree!! I'm sure it's expensive and takes a lot of work to produce an animatronic like that, but Pandora is drawing huge crowds, and it's not like Disney can't afford it or anything. Maybe that would have helped to give the ride a bit of a story, too. I think that's kind of what's missing for me. I liked it, and it's beautiful...but that's kind of it.
You said it!!! I get its expensive, but so is coming to the park so up your game Disney!!! Doubt we'll do it again on future trips unless the wait is short, but we'll see.

No way! What great luck! This actually happened to Nathan's aunt and their family when they were there, and they were shocked. I guess people are cancelling all the time. Very cool!
I had no idea people were cancelling. We saw waits of over 4 hours several times, yet we just waltzed on with no issues. We were thrilled!

Again, love her. (I would SO do that.)
It takes a special little girl to love peppermint tea and chicken skin. #RaisingHerRight

I can imagine! I'm shocked he made it that long! We only had one early morning and we only ran 5K, and I was ready for a nap as soon as we were done. We didn't make it back to a park till supper that night. Jason's a champ!
He unquestionably is!!!! I think deep down he may think I'll give him crap if he wants to do the races, but doesn't join us in the parks. I wouldn't, but its always good to have him along!

Those wings look amazing. We might need to go to AK just for them on the next trip.
The wings do look amazing. If only I could have tried them :D

I love the Dances with wolves with aliens analogy sums it up perfectly:rotfl:The only thing I enjoyed about that movie was the cute lead actor, lol!
I loved dances with wolves when it came out, but I really didn't need to see it on another planet - cute actor or not :P

Casey and you look so cute all wet!
I'm not sure I'd say cute, but we were unquestionably drenched!

I have heard great things about the poutine appetizer at the Nomad lounge. We really have to try more of the lounges always good reviews.
You should definitely pop into Nomad's. The yummy drinks and apps would be right up your alley.

I’m also no fan of the movie and don’t really get the whole craze of buying your own banshee to sit on your shoulder but agree the land overall and Flight of Passage,specifically, are spectacular - and I haven’t even seen it at night! Oh no to getting rained on. You do look a little pitiful (but cute) so thank goodness Nomad Lounge could save the day. I’ve only been once but absolutely loved it. Somehow I missed the poutine on the menu - that looks great. Can’t blame Jason one bit for being ready to catch some zzz’s!
I don't get the banshee thing either, but of course Casey wanted one. Thankfully we had been clear on this trip that we were doing pressed pennies and she could buy 2 other thing besides that. She picked absolutely horrible stuffed animals (I hate the things) but I'm glad it wasn't a $50+ banshee.

I think the poutine is new on the Nomads menu so you probably didn't miss it. I don't recall it being there on our last visit. They appear to turn the menu over ever few months, which I think is a nice change of pace.

Looks like a fun day minus getting drenched! You too are troopers for sure! I’ve never seen Avatar....oops, but pandora is incredible. Darn, that poutine reminds me I wanted to try it and see how BFF from Toronto thought it compares! Next time!
I could have definitely skipped the getting drenched part, but we made it through the day. Casey ended up wearing Jason's shirt from brunch for the evening just to keep warm.

Something tells me AK poutine pales in comparison to anything Canadian, but an authentic opinion would be good to have.

That's offensive to Dances with Wolves :laughing:
You are right, it is, but it really is just a retread of the same story line

A girl after my own heart! That's the sole reason I get rotisserie chickens.
Even those aren't crispy enough for her. She needs them straight off the grill and usually digs in before it even gets to the plate

That's how I felt too. I didn't see the movie till shortly before we went and I wasn't that impressed before or after I saw it. But I do really love what they did with it.
I'm with ya. I thought I'd hate it just because of the movie, but separately one from another (which is just odd) it really works.

I am still here! But i have taken to reading trip reports on my train ride to work, which makes replies much harder!
Hi there!!!! Hope you all are doing well. And what better way to get to work than dis'ing it up. Replies or not!

The BRUNCH! ummm i am adding this to my list of must does, when i will fit it in, who know but boy did that look good!
You unquestionably should. It will not disappoint.

Seems like a good day at Animal Kingdom and not going to lie Jason seems to be a trooper, i am shocked he made it this long with out passing out from exhaustion, i die after a 5k, let alone 3 days of running at 3am...
I have no idea how he did it either and I don't know if I mentioned it, but this was his 3rd half marathon in the last 4 weeks. He really is a trooper but we were thrilled to have him along.

Hmm..my girls have never done this. Might be something to try one day.
You should definitely do this on a future trip. Your younger one especially would like it. Its usually around $25 and ends up lasting 2+ weeks so money well spent. I'd much rather pay for something like this than yet another stuffed animal.

I was very blah about the movie, I didn't love it, didn't hate it. DW was not a fan. But most reports I've heard are like yours, that James Cameron land :-)rotfl2:) is impressive. One of these days I'll see it...
Hopefully your day is coming up soon!

Hmmm...interesting...although I am not a fan of coffee, I do enjoy everything else on that list.
Funny, I"m not a fan of coffee either. I drink it out of necessity in the morning, but really don't care for it at all.

Oh Kari, those apps at Nomad's Lounge look delicious, as do the drinks! Speaking of alcohol, your margarita looks great too!!!! I find it adorable that Casey ordered peppermint tea!!!
Nomads is definitely my favorite bar on property!!! Apps and drinks are all perfect!

Joe and Tim will be back at WDW in 12 days (while I'll be shivering in the cold, snowy, Illinois weather)...>:(
I can't believe his college program is starting already. So exciting!

Coming out of lurkdom because this made me laugh my rear end off. There have been only a handful of movies that I have actually hated...Avatar and Dances with Wolves are on that short list! (Along with Green Card which I walked out of and Planes that DS and I walked out of!) I'm now fully convinced that you are either my long-lost sister or perhaps my spirit animal.
Welcome to the light :sunny:

I did enjoy Dances with Wolves, though that could have been amplified because back in the day I got extra credit in history class for seeing it. In the movie theater no less. I think I saw Green Card, but it made no impression that I recall. Is that the one with Gerard Depardu?

Happy to be your sister or spirit animal, provide that means we can just drink :drinking1

Also, we are heading back to WDW in August and I may or may not be making a list of drinks to try based on all your trip reports.
May or May not? What is the hesitation. MAY!!!! Drink up :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

I loved doing this as a kid!
I don't even think the did this when I was a id. Of course back then perms were the only distinguishing thing one could do to their hair :tongue:

My kids love it, too. They call them "chicken chips" and are very concerned that I start the dry brine the day before cooking to ensure that the skin crisps properly! The little dictators.
I'll have to use the chicken chips term. Casey would be all over that. And you'll have to school me on how you dry brine. I do a wet one, but never heard of dry.

I have to say, it's lovely of you all to do dining reconnaissance for my upcoming trip! I'm really looking forward to stopping in at Nomad's with my cousin. What apps are your favorite?
So glad I could help. We really did this trip just for your reconnaissance :-)

We haven't done a ton of apps at Nomads, but of those we did the ribs are our favorite. And if you can order from Tiffins the octopus is top notch.

Edit: I forgot to give a shout-out to The Daily Poutine in DS. The bowls don't seem large but the 5 of us were full after splitting two. Their seasonal offerings are the way to go, in my opinion. We had the traditional (it was fine) and the seasonal "cheeseburger", which was superb!
I'll definitely have to try one of those. Nomads was good at all, but at half the price and twice the size the daily poutine is calling my name!

I started looking into this, and saw CA Grill Brunch had a reservation open Memorial Day weekend and thought, hmmm... Started pricing it out, snagged the ADR, booked a room at Pop... and then I realized my cousin is getting married that weekend. Drat!
Ahh. So close, yet so far away. Dang cousin!

Thank you! I was so pleased to see one of my favorite reviewers when I was checking out the board for inspiration for my semi solo trip in March. I have my adult son and hubby for half and then hubby is at a conf and I am solo for the last three days. We always think of you when we grab a cream cheese pretzel and ride the People Mover and have a “pretzel on the pooper” that’s to you. You’ve become stuck in our vernacular.
Awesome news that you have a trip right around the proverbial corner.

Glad we could pass on our pretzel on the pooper tradition. Side note, they don't sell the cream cheese pretzel at Launching Pad anymore. Blasphemy I know. They have a spicy one that is good, but i much prefer the sweet version. Oh well, spicy pretzels on the pooper still happened :P

And I just booked Bruch at the California Grill for hubby and myself on the Sunday we have to leave our WDW accommodations for the Gaylord for his conference. I am excited for a new experience especially after reading your review! And fortunately he can expense it since it’s the first day of his career nferebxe! Bonus on the boondoggle! Thanks so much!
Awesome!!!! I just know that you all will love it as much as us. And double bonus you won't be paying either :P Gotta love a good boondoggle!

Totally out of order here!

I have no idea how he did it either and I don't know if I mentioned it, but this was his 3rd half marathon in the last 4 weeks. He really is a trooper but we were thrilled to have him along.

Umm what is that even normal? You may want to have him checked out! In all seriousness I wish I was more into working out.... but then I remember that mean sweat and stinkyness and yeah nope... maybe in 2019

Hi there!!!! Hope you all are doing well. And what better way to get to work than dis'ing it up. Replies or not!

I am good busy but good, have our next trip in March.... may even do a trip report when we get back....

You unquestionably should. It will not disappoint.

Going to have to wait a trip or two but it’s on the list!

On this trip we got to do the Navi River ride. While short I found it beautiful, but if they have the technology to do the amazingly lifelike woman at the end, then why only do 1. A few more may have made it more enjoyable.
I found this ride to be really pretty, but I don't really understand why they made it so short, or the boats so small. They made it from scratch they could have doubled everything and I think more would have enjoyed it and the waits wouldn't be so crazy. I have heard that woman breaks down a lot, might be why they only did one.

After coming down from my mimosa high a margarita was in order. This was a Triple Yeti Blast (A Layer of Mango, Lime, and Strawberry Margaritas) from Warung Outpost. Despite not being a frozen drink fan in general this was packed with tequila (albeit it cheap tasting) so I was a happy girl.
This drink looks amazing. I love the frozen slushy type drinks with a kick.

You'd never know it by the look of us but the rain passed quickly and we were able to use our Expedition Everest fast pass.
One nice thing about Florida showers is they usually pass really quickly.

Don't worry this wasn't as radioactive as my horrible picture would lead you to believe. These were very good and the brisket was very tender, so much so that it tasted more like a short rib. The fries were simultaneously crispy on the outside and airy on the inside, but because I'm me and gotta complain about something, this portion was really small as were all the accompaniments. For $12 it could have used double of everything.
This does look delicious, but I agree with you the portion size does seem really small.

We eventually made our way back into Pandora, which was even more amazing at night. As everyone who has ridden it knows, Flight of Passage defies even the skeptics and is the best ride I've ever ridden. Soarin on steroids is how we summed it up.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I think this ride is probably the best Disney has ever done.

And you'll have to school me on how you dry brine. I do a wet one, but never heard of dry.

It's the BEST method for crispy skin-on poultry and works great when baking instead of frying (too messy for me). WARNING: it smokes like crazy and your oven needs a good venting system. When I use thighs I sprinkle the mix on the skin side, instead of tossing in a bowl, then cook for ~30 minutes or, until the skin looks super crispy. Foil lining the baking sheet and the rack set over that, helps with clean-up.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/...icken-wings-in-oven-not-fried-appetizers.html

Dry brining is my go-to for pork roast (cook until internal temp is 130, rising to 140 while resting) and any beef cut where I want a crust. Not only do you have a lovely exterior but the salt (just kosher salt on these) has time to be drawn into the meat fibers to season. Also recommended is Judy Rodgers' roast chicken (gotta make the bread salad at least once!) and Kenjie's spatchcocked turkey using the Judy Bird herb brine while it thaws. Many links but maybe you're home because of the weather :rolleyes:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/12/zuni-cafe-roast-chicken-bread-salad/ -I cook it on a rack when I don't use the drippings so that I don't have to turn it.
15069-russ-parsons-dry-brined-turkey-a-k-a-the-judy-bird
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/...-thanksgiving-fast-easy-way-spatchcocked.html

It's a whole, new world!

I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house), but as everyone who has been there now knows they did an amazing job. I was blown away by the details and authenticity and while I could care less about the movie, you really do feel transported to somewhere else.

It IS Dances With Wolves with aliens! I love all the Avatar hate in this thread. It warms my heart.

As we got on the ride it started to drizzle out of nowhere, no big deal, but it wasn't long before the flood gates opened with all their might. Here is our after effect.
img_0107-jpg.294754

Oh no! Ya gotta love those sudden Florida downpours. I've definitely had my fair share.

img_0119-jpg.294759

This sweet, innocent child of mine ate all the dang chicken wings! So per my budding food reporter: These are "perfect" and she loved the crispy chicken skin (she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else).

Mmm! While Casey is definitely a more adventurous eater than I am, I totally agree with her here. I love a good crispy chicken skin!

As everyone who has ridden it knows, Flight of Passage defies even the skeptics and is the best ride I've ever ridden. Soarin on steroids is how we summed it up.

Ahh...I want to ride it! I'm trying really hard to convince my husband to go in August the week before DS turns 3, and I'd love to ride that one!

We eventually made our way over to Dinoland where Casey wanted to ride the Dumbo Dinosaur ride
I hadn't yet had the pleasure of riding this ride up until my trip a couple weeks ago. And I rode with my niece and nephew approximately 1,308 times. But mercifully, not one of those times did the heavens open and rain down upon us.

While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was!
What!? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm not a fan of this, as I prefer my drinks sans butter, but he loved it.
This actually made me laugh out loud :rotfl:

We were still pretty full from brunch, but decided to get a few appetizers to help ensure we stayed that way.
My motto is this: when in doubt, eat. That is all.

We eventually made our way back into Pandora, which was even more amazing at night.
I completely agree. ::yes::

Hahahahahah!!!!!! Thank you!!!

While short I found it beautiful, but if they have the technology to do the amazingly lifelike woman at the end, then why only do 1. A few more may have made it more enjoyable.
Truth bombs, Kari style. Give us more Navi!!!

While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was! We had FP's for later in the week, but we were stoked to get a preview
Whoa! This happened to us too (except I was looking for a Dinosaur FP). I think it's something about that Everest line! Magic!

Mustang Coffee, which is Crown Royal, Brown Sugar, and Butter with hot Coffee
This sounds great and I would like one, like right now!

Don't worry this wasn't as radioactive as my horrible picture would lead you to believe. These were very good and the brisket was very tender, so much so that it tasted more like a short rib. The fries were simultaneously crispy on the outside and airy on the inside, but because I'm me and gotta complain about something, this portion was really small as were all the accompaniments. For $12 it could have used double of everything.
The lighting there is truly awful, hence my stolen photo of this from the interwebs. Well, that and the fact that these were so good we inhaled them before taking a picture. I agree $12 is highway robbery for fancy french fries, but our portion looked ever so slightly larger than yours.

This sweet, innocent child of mine ate all the dang chicken wings! So per my budding food reporter: These are "perfect" and she loved the crispy chicken skin (she's been known to just eat the skin off chicken and nothing else)
:laughing: Casey is, once again, my idol. It reminds me of the adage "life is short, eat dessert first" except Casey has her priorities right and it's just "life is short, eat the chicken skin"

I'll fully admit I was not excited about this as I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house),

HaHa! Is that what it's really like?? I have tried watching it at LEAST five times and it's so super boring, I haven't made it past an hour!

On this trip we got to do the Navi River ride. While short I found it beautiful, but if they have the technology to do the amazingly lifelike woman at the end, then why only do 1. A few more may have made it more enjoyable.

Totally underwhelmed by this ride. I had my camera out ready to snap away and couldn't find one thing I felt compelled to have a lasting memory of.

finally finding me some much needed tipsy sustenance.
img_4435-jpg.294750

Yum!

Here is our after effect.
img_0107-jpg.294754

:rotfl:

I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was!

:cool1:Free brunch AND a 4th FP for FOP in the same day! You should have played the lottery, which you would have no doubt won!

nd while I could care less about the movie, you really do feel transported to somewhere else.
I feel the same, I was like ??????? pretty much during the whole movie and other than the conservation angle couldn't understand the draw for Disney. But hey, money talks and I guess they knew it would bring it in!

While in line I was looking to pick up a 4th fast pass for Primeval Whirl and imagine my surprise when it wasn't available, but Flight of Passage was! We had FP's for later in the week, but we were stoked to get a preview
Um, because......why? That's the weirdest thing I've heard! Not that you got a day-of FOP because that does occasionaly happen, but to get that and Primeval Whirl have no availability? Was the park just full of weirdos that day :crazy:

We've gotten drinks at Nomad Lounge but I'm looking forward to drinks and apps in March as long as we can get seats. I think I told you how packed it was when we tried hanging there before our Tiffins reservation in Nov. Which of course was when you were there :goodvibes but like your FOP FP you guys were having great AK luck that day.

Totally off topic, has Casey done BBB? I have it booked for our March trip but not sure I think Dillon will enjoy it. I booked it at 180 days out just incase but I’m thinking it may not be worth it....she isn’t super into princess so just not sure.

Umm what is that even normal? You may want to have him checked out! In all seriousness I wish I was more into working out.... but then I remember that mean sweat and stinkyness and yeah nope... maybe in 2019
No, he is very much not normal! I'm totally with you on the sweat and stickiness. Definitely not for me!

I am good busy but good, have our next trip in March.... may even do a trip report when we get back....
I hope you do a trip report. I can't fathom how big your daughter must be now!

I found this ride to be really pretty, but I don't really understand why they made it so short, or the boats so small. They made it from scratch they could have doubled everything and I think more would have enjoyed it and the waits wouldn't be so crazy. I have heard that woman breaks down a lot, might be why they only did one.
I'm totally with you. I hadn't even thought through the fact that they did it from scratch. If they can make its a small world the longest 10 minutes on earth in the 60's I think they could have stepped it up a few dozen notches in 2018!

One nice thing about Florida showers is they usually pass really quickly.
Yes, just unfortunate when you don't know they are coming and are stuck on a ride.

It's the BEST method for crispy skin-on poultry and works great when baking instead of frying (too messy for me). WARNING: it smokes like crazy and your oven needs a good venting system. When I use thighs I sprinkle the mix on the skin side, instead of tossing in a bowl, then cook for ~30 minutes or, until the skin looks super crispy. Foil lining the baking sheet and the rack set over that, helps with clean-up.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/...icken-wings-in-oven-not-fried-appetizers.html
Awesome, thanks for the hook-up!!!!! I'l totally have to use this. Have you done these on the grill too????

t IS Dances With Wolves with aliens! I love all the Avatar hate in this thread. It warms my heart.
I love that hate warms your heart :lovestruc

Mmm! While Casey is definitely a more adventurous eater than I am, I totally agree with her here. I love a good crispy chicken skin!
Funny coincidence she did it again today. We were at a brewery and ordered from thai chicken wings. Any guesses for who ate them all :P

Ahh...I want to ride it! I'm trying really hard to convince my husband to go in August the week before DS turns 3, and I'd love to ride that one!
Just remind him he's free before 3. Makes a huge difference!

I hadn't yet had the pleasure of riding this ride up until my trip a couple weeks ago. And I rode with my niece and nephew approximately 1,308 times. But mercifully, not one of those times did the heavens open and rain down upon us.
I'm gonna guess that was 1,307 time too many. Rain or not, definitely not a fan of this one :P

My motto is this: when in doubt, eat. That is all.
I think this is all of our mottos on here. And drink of course :-)

Lovely! I actually like the amount of beadwork they add too.
Yeah, this one was really well done. I think they upped the price, but Casey could pick a lot more beads than she had in the past. And it lasted a few weeks. I think she wore it well past Thanksgiving.

Glad you got to ride FOP-it is pretty spectacular-on par with the rides at Universal!
I haven't done universal in a long, long time (like 20 years long time). But can't wait until Casey is old enough to take in all the rides there too.

Whoa! This happened to us too (except I was looking for a Dinosaur FP). I think it's something about that Everest line! Magic!
I'll have to remember the Everest line magic next time. Who knows what else we'll be able to find :-)

The lighting there is truly awful, hence my stolen photo of this from the interwebs. Well, that and the fact that these were so good we inhaled them before taking a picture. I agree $12 is highway robbery for fancy french fries, but our portion looked ever so slightly larger than yours.
It really is bad. I think this was our first time in the evening (normally we're doing some day drinking there) so they were worse than I was expecting.

:laughing: Casey is, once again, my idol. It reminds me of the adage "life is short, eat dessert first" except Casey has her priorities right and it's just "life is short, eat the chicken skin"
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I love this!!!!! Of course she'd also say life is short eat chicken skin and ribs and slushi :P

HaHa! Is that what it's really like?? I have tried watching it at LEAST five times and it's so super boring, I haven't made it past an hour!
Yes, this is exactly what it is like. Just imagine random dude I don't know his name of is Kevin Kostner, substitute the alien for the stands with a fist, make the military the mean escalating company and its the exact same movie!

:cool1:Free brunch AND a 4th FP for FOP in the same day! You should have played the lottery, which you would have no doubt won!
We should have!! I don't even think I had connected the two until you had. Definitely our day!

I feel the same, I was like ??????? pretty much during the whole movie and other than the conservation angle couldn't understand the draw for Disney. But hey, money talks and I guess they knew it would bring it in!
I still don't understand why they went this direction, but at least they did a dang good job of it!

Um, because......why? That's the weirdest thing I've heard! Not that you got a day-of FOP because that does occasionaly happen, but to get that and Primeval Whirl have no availability? Was the park just full of weirdos that day :crazy:
Apparently because were were there :crazy:

I still have no idea why we couldn't get the whirl. Maybe it had closed down after the rain or something. Never fear we were able to get one later in the week. Casey had never ridden it and was really looking forward to it.

We've gotten drinks at Nomad Lounge but I'm looking forward to drinks and apps in March as long as we can get seats. I think I told you how packed it was when we tried hanging there before our Tiffins reservation in Nov. Which of course was when you were there :goodvibes but like your FOP FP you guys were having great AK luck that day.
This last time it was definitely more crowded than we had ever encountered before. Hope you all can get seats. My Nomads secret is most definitely out!

Totally off topic, has Casey done BBB? I have it booked for our March trip but not sure I think Dillon will enjoy it. I booked it at 180 days out just incase but I’m thinking it may not be worth it....she isn’t super into princess so just not sure.
No she has never done it. I know I'm a bad Mom, but the thought of her trampling through a park all day in a long dress and then some random shoes is not my cup of tea. She also dresses up at home all the time, and I am also notoriously cheap, so it just never seemed worth it.

I did relent a few years ago a few years ago when they had a special frozen one set-up in MGM. I brought our own dress and shoes so she just got the hair and make-up. I intentionally brought along a short dress because in September that seemed like the best solution. I also liked it because it wasn't the same as every other girl. I must say though she loved it and walked around afterwards like she owned the place.

No she has never done it. I know I'm a bad Mom, but the thought of her trampling through a park all day in a long dress and then some random shoes is not my cup of tea. She also dresses up at home all the time, and I am also notoriously cheap, so it just never seemed worth it.

I did relent a few years ago a few years ago when they had a special frozen one set-up in MGM. I brought our own dress and shoes so she just got the hair and make-up. I intentionally brought along a short dress because in September that seemed like the best solution. I also liked it because it wasn't the same as every other girl. I must say though she loved it and walked around afterwards like she owned the place.

This is a great pic! Dillon isn’t really into dressing up at all. She said she wants her hair and nails done but no make up... and I would def being an outfit.... but I just don’t know if it’s worth it if she isn’t really into dressing up......

I’m leaning towards doing the report, it’s only a 5 days trip which is about average for us, but I’m considering doing a vip tour cause I like to waste money on things I don’t need but feel like I want anyway. Also she is so big how did this happen?!?! :sad:
F95643AC-A9EB-4326-95D6-77F09C6163B1.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter