Yo Yo Pirate Me Trip Report - Day Five

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
**pictures to be added as soon as my camera and PC stop arguing**

Sunday 09.05.09 - Monday 18.05.09

Day Five - Wednesday 13.05.09

Today we were anticipating the arrival of my Parents and brother who would be joining us for four days of Disney fun however there was a whole day in the park to enjoy before that!

We again started the day off in Salon Mickey (taking full advantage of the 5 times per month visit limit as I thought it was only 3 times) where we all had a muffin and a cookie, washed down with a hot chocolate for me and Ellie and an OJ and water mix for Kacee and Macklyn.

Salon Mickey over and Kacee wanted to go to the Studio's today instead so off we trecked. Cars and Flying Carpets were both walk on's and then it was time to meet Buzz Lightyear, Kacee had worn his Buzz t-shirt especially for the occasion and Buzz even abandoned the Tough Guy image for a long cuddle with Kacee. Kacee then declared that he wanted chippies so we took time out to stop for a hot chocolate and a portion of chips, split three and a bit way's (Macklyn had the potatoe out of the middle of three of them) My only complaint with the chips in DLRP is that they loose their temperature so very quickly.

Refulled we headed off to the Disneyland Park where we went straight to The Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse and then on to the Caves. We hadn't done either of these since 2004 and they were both great fun with Kacee loving running round them both. As we were right at Pirates we decided that we would ride Pirates as it was rude not to. On the way out we happened upon someone pretending to be me so Kacee had his picture taken and started singing "Yo Ho Pirate Me" to him which was so cute. We then decided that we needed to do a Macklyn ride so we headed off to Le Pays Des Contes Des Feys which I actually enjoy in a wierd relaxing kinda way. Kacee wanted to do Casey Jnr so Ellie took him on there while I sat with Macklyn. They were gone for ages and it turned out that a family of 28 had pushed past everyone in the queue and when told something by a CM they refused to move, eventually they came off, just as the train behind them got stuck and the ride was closed for technical difficulties,

We then headed off to Hyperion for our sarnies and sat and watched Dance Time with Stitch. My goodness this is the most awfull thing I have seen in DLRP...for those that have seen it they will probably know...for those going I'd say try it as I have different tastes to a lot of people. Late lunch over and both boys fast asleep the wifey and I did a bit of window shopping and then headed over to our meeting place with my Parents at Pirates. They finally arrived around 6pm so we quickly rode Pirates together and headed off to Phantom Mannor before calling it a night and heading back to the Shack where I cooked a curry for the gang before Mum and Dad left us for the Hotel room and Matty stayed with us in the Shack.

DID YOU KNOW that most guests visit on average 7 attractions a day?

Another fab, in all my visits I have yet to spot Buzz except in the parade. Its one of my missions for my trip

Another great day :thumbsup2 We too would like to meet Buzz as we didn't see him out and about on our trip!

I don't know if Stitch's Dance Time at DLRP is anything like Stitch's Great Escape at the MK but Great Escape has to be the worst attraction we've ever been to. We went, 4 years ago, as part of a sneak preview for this "amazing' new attraction, not too long after Stitch had come out and one of my nephews was obsessed with Stitch (well, he is Stitch but that's another story).

It was BEYOND awful. We wouldn't let the kids even consider going in this trip, the only attraction at WDW I can say that about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter