YOMD - CM blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
vascubaguy said:
The only "disturbing" part is to know that it is based on the CMs discretion, not some random selection process. So... those that go solo or just couples (adults) are likely to get looked over....

Maybe I'll be suprised...!

Not to be rude, but I don't know if you read the blog very carefully but these cast member selelcted "prizes" are not the prizes with "cash" vlaue ie. the trips and golden fast passes. The cast member clearly state that these are in addition to the stated prizes and are at each attraction and I personally think the more dreams Disney is able to handout the better!!

BeccaG said:
Not to be rude, but I don't know if you read the blog very carefully but these cast member selelcted "prizes" are not the prizes with "cash" vlaue ie. the trips and golden fast passes. The cast member clearly state that these are in addition to the stated prizes and are at each attraction and I personally think the more dreams Disney is able to handout the better!!

Absolutely true. Guys, this really is one of the best promotions Disney has ever done. There will be literally HUNDREDS of magic moments/dreams made every day with this, and it is equally as special to us as it is to the guests. When I first heard the idea I thought it was a bit overwhelming but indeed it's turned out to be fantasitc. And the YOMD celebration hasn't even kicked off yet!
Indeed, these "mini-dreams" are ON TOP of the tons and tons of prizes. The selection process on my level is not what you think. Please put yourselves in my shoes when picking families (which is a bigger process than you think, by the way). Would you pick the family who has never been on Soarin', never even been to Disney World, from South Africa, and with 2 kids? Or do you pick the solo adult who has 32525 pins on him? Sure, we'll get that guy now and then, but it's the kids and big families who will really appreciate it.

Vemnox said:
Absolutely true. Guys, this really is one of the best promotions Disney has ever done. There will be literally HUNDREDS of magic moments/dreams made every day with this, and it is equally as special to us as it is to the guests. When I first heard the idea I thought it was a bit overwhelming but indeed it's turned out to be fantasitc. And the YOMD celebration hasn't even kicked off yet!
Indeed, these "mini-dreams" are ON TOP of the tons and tons of prizes. The selection process on my level is not what you think. Please put yourselves in my shoes when picking families (which is a bigger process than you think, by the way). Would you pick the family who has never been on Soarin', never even been to Disney World, from South Africa, and with 2 kids? Or do you pick the solo adult who has 32525 pins on him? Sure, we'll get that guy now and then, but it's the kids and big families who will really appreciate it.

I agree that that kids and families will really appreciate the memories
this promotion is helping to make.

When we went to WDW in 1986 with our 2 youngest, Bob than 5 and Cathy age 3 , Disney was celebrating 15 years and was giving away lots of prizes--
everything from pins and blinking sun visor hats to winning a car and riding in the parade. I think the promotion was something like a prize would be given out every 15 minutes +15 seconds each day. Our Bob won a pin which came with a Sticker saying "I am a winner."

He was so happy you would have thought he won a bike or game system.
He had the biggest smile on his face and felt so special.

When we returned home I bought a 5x7 frame and put his "Winners" sticker in
it and hung it on his bedroom wall. When we moved we hung it in his new bedroom.

He is 25 now and just bought his first house. He took that framed sticker with him and it is now in the office/gameroom of his new home.

Promotions like the YOMD do make memories that last for years especially for the young children and their families!

Please keep in mind that posting rules for any of the 4 DVC boards clearly state all posts must be relevant to DVC, and not just be general information.

Threads not specifically relevant to DVC are to be placed on the appropriate DISboard.

Normally this thread would be moved to the Theme Parks board, or maybe the Community board. However, based on comments within the thread about trying to remain low key, and not to hit a broader audience, this thread will be locked instead of being moved.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter