Yorkdale DS Closing as well

disney is taking it back???

well - then that's good - maybe now we'll get the adult stuff back that they got rid of when it was sold years ago.

they used to have tons of stuff for adults - then got wittled down to a few shirts and purses (not that i'm complaining about that lol)

but about 10-15 years ago i bought a tigger jacket that dh wears now but they got rid of all that stuff.

hopefully they'll bring it back

disney is taking it back???

well - then that's good - maybe now we'll get the adult stuff back that they got rid of when it was sold years ago.

they used to have tons of stuff for adults - then got wittled down to a few shirts and purses (not that i'm complaining about that lol)

but about 10-15 years ago i bought a tigger jacket that dh wears now but they got rid of all that stuff.

hopefully they'll bring it back

Disney bought the stores back in May of 2008 so it has been over a year. I know that they were trying to get rid of all the merchandise that had already been purchased by children's place. Which can take a long time since purchase orders are done 6-12 months in advance.
I bet that it will take another year when the rumored new store design appears that we will start seeing some better merchandise. In the mean time I think the stores are going to look pretty sparce.
The stores have received no adult clothing except for some t-shirts this summer:sad2:
I will be sure to stock up on my trip in August because the stores no longer fill the viod between trips:headache:

that is right, there used to be amazing things there. My ds has a jacket from a few years ago, when it was DIsney owned. All hell broke loose when C.P bought it.

Hopefully we will see it again, and hopefully we will see it with adult merchandise and children merchandise, all for the better. :O)

Yes, abirdd. I was told after my post that it is not just coincidental.

And as for Rideau, I had not heard that. Interesting. Makes sense tho, they are really going the "yorkdale" route, all name stores, la de da type of stores actually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter