• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yosemite and Disneyland in one trip?

NLD

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Hoping the experts can help.

We (family of three--me, dh, and dd) are tentatively planning a Yosemite vacation in June 2013.

The idea of being on the west coast and NOT seeing Disneyland hurts. So today, I started thinking... (uh-oh).... maybe we can tack on a few days at DL.

Dh isn't a Disney-lover and would not want to come. So it would just be me and dd (age 9 at the time).

My thought is this: we fly to northern CA together and do our Yosemite trip. Then we go back to the airport. We return the rental car. Dh flies home. Dd and I fly to southern CA.

We take a shuttle from SNA or LAX to DLR. Stay there three or four nights. Shuttle back to the airport, and dd and I fly home.

So now the question: does this seem like an okay plan?Or will we be too exhausted doing this in one trip? (We are only planning to see Yosemite for the main part of the trip--not trying to squeeze other stuff in.)

If we do this... Should the DL portion of the trip come first, or second?

And last, how much time do we really need in DL? This vacation is already going to cost a lot. Can we see most of DL/CA with two full days? Or do we really need three?

Finally--hotel recommendations in walking distance? I'd love to stay on-site but am thinking Good Neighbor makes more sense for the cost factor. So... what's your favorite Good Neighbor hotel, for a mom and a 9-year-old daughter, in walking distance?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Nicole

Edit: Should have noted our Yosemite dates... we are booked to be in Yosemite June 17-21 (Monday-Friday). So if we add DLR, we'd be there over a weekend--regardless of whether we go before or after the Yosemite portion. Is that just asking for trouble? To do a Saturday & Sunday in DLR? Will we really need a third day?)

Yes, it's doable. I would add a third day at the parks.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter